The Shaolin Temple Reviews

• Jan 29, 2017

Depicts brutal animal slaughter: a pet dog is killed and eaten by several men, several sheep are killed, one picked up and neck broken by a man;s bare hands.

• Aug 30, 2015

You killed my dog! The East Capital of China has been taken over by a ruthless general who feels he has earned his right to take the thrown. He takes over the militia and begins strong-arming the countryside. One of the slaves under the previous regime escapes the watchful eye of the general and sneaks up the mountainside to the Shaolin Temple. He becomes a monk and trains to learn their martial arts. When the general comes knocking at the Shaolin Temple door, the monks will need to decide to let the general walk all over them or stand and defend themselves. "Hey you bonehead, want to fight?" Chang Hsin-yen, director of Shaolin Temple 2: Kids from Shaolin, Treasure Island, Deadend Besiegers, and Tai Chi II, delivers The Shaolin Temple. The storyline for this picture is very solid for the martial arts genre and the Shaolin Monk lifestyle was well presented. The acting was very good and Jet Li delivered a more classic martial arts style in this film. "If we don't worry nothing will worry us." These were recently added to the Netflix queue so I decided to add them to my wish list. These are some of the few Jet Li martial arts films I haven't seen. This was very good and well done and closer to the 5 Deadly Venoms martial arts style than Jet Li's current work. I strongly recommend seeing this if you are a fan of the genre! "Release them and guide their souls to heaven." Grade: B+/A-

• Jul 06, 2014

u could see some of the shaolin history thou but I gut angry when he abandoned his love to be a monk

• May 22, 2014

Someone saw something in this 19-Year-Old wushu champion named Li Lianjie. He had been destroying the competition since he was 12-years-old and he was a charismatic young charmer with an infectious smile and devilish wit. People saw the next Bruce Lee, to be fair No One can be the next Bruce Lee because Bruce Lee was about as one of a kind as you get. but Jet is about the closest thing we got to the total Bruce package. He is brilliant martial artist, a great actor and blindingly fast. He can convey furious anger as well as wink at you with a big laugh. THE SHAOLIN TEMPLE started a new genre within the Martial Arts genre, the fight Shaolin Monks. This is still the best of the bunch and features some of the most captivating staff fighting you will ever see on film. Jet flashes those kicks and smiles so furiously, you will have to come up for air quite frequently.

• Mar 13, 2014

This movie, staring a 19 year old Jet Li in his debut role, is just beautiful. In fact, it single-handedly revived the popularity of mainstream martial arts in China.

• Dec 27, 2013

Solita trama puerile al limite del ridicolo ma c'é del vero Shaolin Chuan da gustarsi e Jet Lee in ottima forma.

• Dec 03, 2013

3.631.333 views on youtube

3.631.333 views on youtube

• Mar 15, 2013

Fast-paced martial arts action.

Fast-paced martial arts action.

• Jan 12, 2013

This movie kicks ass and I'm amazed no critic barely saw this film. This is my review of Jet Li's first debut film is The Shaolin Temple. The story is set in the seventh century and is about one man played by Jet Li who survives the Tang dynasty and escapes into the Shaolin temple after his father's. 13 monks in that temple rescue, shelter and feed him back to health and he wants to become one of them so that he can learn kung fu and kill the man who murdered his father before becoming a fully respected monk of the Shaolin temple. Like I said earlier, this movie kicks ass and I don't understand why anyone barely saw this film. If you missed this film, then you're missing out one of the greatest. I like how all the fight scenes are choreographed 100% in pure combat and not done within strings and/nor CGI because that would be a fucking disappointment. The Shaolin Temple gets a 10/10 because it's too good.

• Nov 16, 2012

The young Jet Li boy at 18. Wow , watching this movie you will be amazed how Jet Li has become the best kung fu master.