Shark Tale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shark Tale Reviews

½ September 15, 2016
It's Not As Bad As Everyone says in My Opinion
September 3, 2016
It isn't that the film's bad, it's just extremely forgettable, full of uninteresting and cliche characters, loaded with humour which was dated even when the film came out.
½ August 19, 2016
It's Not As Bad As Everyone says in My Opinion
August 14, 2016
Credible little animation about a regular everyday fish that bluffs his way to stardom by claiming to be a shark slayer. At first it brings him everything he's ever dreamed of; fame, fortune, and his pick of the female sea creatures, but soon enough it all turns sour when the truth starts to get out, and he's being hunted down by packs of killer whites. Naturally it's all executed in a family friendly manner with humour, and an upbeat soundtrack to boot, making it highly appealing to the youngsters among us. Just like other animations, it's littered with star voice overs, with the characters mirroring their celebrity in looks and mannerisms wherever possible - you have the gangster persona of Robert De Niro's shark, with the hot lips of Jolie's lion fish making her a very seductive screen presence (even if it is just a cartoon). I wouldn't say this is a classic movie, nor would I say it's the best animation set under the sea, as I'm sure Little Mermaid might have something to say about that. It is entertaining, and it's going to entice kids from all over the globe - I'm just not sure the comedy elements are as sharp or witty to really get the parental vote too though. I'm glad I've seen it, and never felt too bored during it, but can't say it'd be one I'd revisit in a great hurry.
jamrcla
½ July 30, 2016
Better than people make out, Good voice cast, The story has been done before, A good and sometimes very funny animation.
½ July 30, 2016
Shark Tale's plot may be a bit too adult-oriented for its target audience (It's meant to be a parody of The Godfather, which little kids are unlikely to have seen or heard of) and doesn't quite live up to the much more recommendable Finding Nemo, but its animation and all-star voice cast (as well as some pop culture references for older audiences) save Shark Tale from being a total disaster.
½ July 25, 2016
Why the hell would anyone put buildings and Electricity Underwater? Bad Animation Effects, All the Fish would die!
Finding Nemo Is Nothing Like That Crap!

Score: 3/10
½ July 25, 2016
One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Horribly slow. The poorly rendered animated setting is the primary premise of this dull movie.
½ July 11, 2016
Ooooh. Watched this one recently. Liked it when I was eight, sure, but it's sub-par. It's clumsy, awkward and there's stuff in there that simply shouldn't be in a kid's movie. Could've gotten by without having every character voiced by some renowned celebrity in some way. Martin Scorsese as the blowfish? Whose idea was that???
½ July 6, 2016
I've watched The Reef before and it was so much better.
J'ai regardé Le récif avant et celui-ci ne lui arrivait pas à la cheville.
½ July 5, 2016
this is the worst movie ever. Shark Tale is the worst, And Finding Memo and Dory is great!
½ June 12, 2016
WILL SMITH AS A FISH IS F***ING DISTURBING!!!!
June 8, 2016
Dreamworks attempts to be hip and witty, but fails by being dull, giving an insulting waste of a talented cast, and what's possibly one of the ugliest worst animated films of all time
½ May 14, 2016
Oofah. Where to begin? Standard "liar revealed" story about a fish who claims to have taken out a shark. Pop culture reference and silliness overload makes this strictly a kids movie.
April 23, 2016
An enjoyable movie that brings me nostalgic feelings just like other DreamWorks movies and Pixar movies. It may not surpass Finding Nemo, but it's a winner for DreamWorks!
April 14, 2016
This is not my favorite movie how ever it is funny movie so kids will like this movie
½ March 29, 2016
Almost insultingly bad, Shark Tale is both overloaded with pointless pop culture jokes that aren't funny along with a plot that is both mean spirited and too dark for it's target audience.
½ March 10, 2016
Shark Tale es muy entretenido, a pesar de estar subvalorado.
March 10, 2016
enjoyed the mob references
½ February 21, 2016
Some of the ideas that the creators at Dreamworks had for this movie are fun and poppy. Putting a dull, annoying and thoroughly unlikable racial stereotype at its centre was centrally not one of them.