Shark Tale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shark Tale Reviews

January 29, 2017
Love this movie. I was always impressed with how they made the fish look like the actors who portrayed them.
½ January 29, 2017
WILL SMITH AS A FISH IS SCARY!!!
January 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 31, 2016
Pre teen type movie, or yung kids.
December 30, 2016
funny animation with will smith
½ December 21, 2016
The excessive pop culture references are extremely desperate, the character designs look very off, and the main character himself is a pretty big douchebag. Hands down DreamWorks' worst animated film.
½ December 21, 2016
Dumb stupid DreamWorks animated movie starring will Smith. This movie, this movie at this one point trys to be all sad but then something has to make a joke to make it all good and happy for the kids but just follow pixar, their all depressing but happy later and that works. To me will Smith is the only highlight in the film and maybe the setting of the ocean and that it feels like an actual human town. Now for the downs the animation seems to lack and it's bad, toy story had better animation and it came out long time ago. The jokes in this movie are bad, they are just flat out bad like the references they make are not funny their just embarrassing themselves.
December 18, 2016
Funny my childhood movie
November 7, 2016
Thought this was funny movie With some amusing characters.
October 20, 2016
Definitely not for the Rock and metal crowds, since it's jam packed with rap and hip hop references. Why does Oscar make me furious every time he's on screen!? I loved Will Smith in the good old days of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. He was priceless in that series. Here sadly, he was just out of his element! I feel really sorry for him playing this role. The appearance of his character is one of the worst designs I have ever seen in an animated feature, I mean, DAMN! It's disgusting! What's making it worse? He's even more of a moron than Homer Simpson! He's also a jerk, selfish, and makes you ask, why are we supposed to route for this thing? Is it even a wonder why this movie is so dated?And this film had seven directors? SEVEN FRIGGEN DIRECTORS!!? Are you serious!? Yeah, I say that this was a huge waste of potential!
½ September 25, 2016
Shark Tales is not a very good movie at all I only like the graphics a little bit and the plot is just mediocre and the character designs are simply bad like fish being like a human and then anthropomorphic and they design it completely bad. They should be just fish like the real fish with no legs just like in finding nemo. Shark Tale gets 3/10 and its one of the worst movies ever.
½ September 15, 2016
It's Not As Bad As Everyone says in My Opinion
September 3, 2016
It isn't that the film's bad, it's just extremely forgettable, full of uninteresting and cliche characters, loaded with humour which was dated even when the film came out.
½ August 19, 2016
It's Not As Bad As Everyone says in My Opinion
August 14, 2016
Credible little animation about a regular everyday fish that bluffs his way to stardom by claiming to be a shark slayer. At first it brings him everything he's ever dreamed of; fame, fortune, and his pick of the female sea creatures, but soon enough it all turns sour when the truth starts to get out, and he's being hunted down by packs of killer whites. Naturally it's all executed in a family friendly manner with humour, and an upbeat soundtrack to boot, making it highly appealing to the youngsters among us. Just like other animations, it's littered with star voice overs, with the characters mirroring their celebrity in looks and mannerisms wherever possible - you have the gangster persona of Robert De Niro's shark, with the hot lips of Jolie's lion fish making her a very seductive screen presence (even if it is just a cartoon). I wouldn't say this is a classic movie, nor would I say it's the best animation set under the sea, as I'm sure Little Mermaid might have something to say about that. It is entertaining, and it's going to entice kids from all over the globe - I'm just not sure the comedy elements are as sharp or witty to really get the parental vote too though. I'm glad I've seen it, and never felt too bored during it, but can't say it'd be one I'd revisit in a great hurry.
jamrcla
½ July 30, 2016
Better than people make out, Good voice cast, The story has been done before, A good and sometimes very funny animation.
½ July 30, 2016
Shark Tale's plot may be a bit too adult-oriented for its target audience (It's meant to be a parody of The Godfather, which little kids are unlikely to have seen or heard of) and doesn't quite live up to the much more recommendable Finding Nemo, but its animation and all-star voice cast (as well as some pop culture references for older audiences) save Shark Tale from being a total disaster.
½ July 25, 2016
Why the hell would anyone put buildings and Electricity Underwater? Bad Animation Effects, All the Fish would die!
Finding Nemo Is Nothing Like That Crap!

Score: 3/10
½ July 25, 2016
One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Horribly slow. The poorly rendered animated setting is the primary premise of this dull movie.
½ July 11, 2016
Ooooh. Watched this one recently. Liked it when I was eight, sure, but it's sub-par. It's clumsy, awkward and there's stuff in there that simply shouldn't be in a kid's movie. Could've gotten by without having every character voiced by some renowned celebrity in some way. Martin Scorsese as the blowfish? Whose idea was that???