Shark Zone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shark Zone Reviews

½ May 1, 2016
The sharks are handled pretty well, and there are a few good scenes, but we still get plain characters and a shallow plot. There's obvious shark-tropes from better films, and very little originality in other departments.
½ January 25, 2014
Terrible acting. Even worse filming. Can't believe I wasted my Saturday night watching it. Worse than Jaws.
½ September 8, 2012
Terrible in every way, only watch it if you want a good laugh
July 14, 2011
The Shark roars!

I've seen my fair share of shark-eat-man-movies but Iv'e never seen anything like this before. This must be the worst piece of crap of this genre ever been made.

It's crap on so many levels. It's ok if you don't have a great budget, you can still work things out with cheep actors, stock footage and styrofoam, you can, really.

Or you can produce "Shark Zone"

It's insanely bad.

The sharks roars. Like lions. Some footage show killer whales here and there. The hero takes at one point a glance at a map over .. Italy.. before sending hid diving pals to a certain death in the waters outside San Fransisco. The russian villains are so insanely stereotyped that watching them go about their russain villain ways can make your head explode.

Don't say I didn't warned you

"...Rooooaaarrrrr!!!..." (That's the sound of a hungry shark from Shark Zone)
January 17, 2011
Despite its poor rating, I gave this movie a chance, because I love shark movies. Sure enough, despite being mostly crappy, it was very entertaining. I really enjoyed the way you got to see the sharks eat people. No clever cut-aways like in Jaws. You saw the sharks jaws clamp onto people's bits and parts. There was a lot of blood, and even a part where gore sprayed unrealistically (but spectacularly) onto the side of a boat. Not good enough? They even threw in some nudity on the beach, and the main character has an impossibly hot wife. The acting is terrible, the stock footage is very obvious, there is some occasional terrible CGI, and they blatantly steal lines from Jaws, but I found myself not caring. This movie delivered on the blood, which made it a surprisingly entertaining piece of crap. It was like ringing the dinner bell!
July 2, 2010
Un bon gros Z inoubliable...une VF de tueur...quand le requin attaque ils ont mixé un bruit de cougar ou genre de lion part dessus et quand il croque les nageurs, ça fait "crunch, crich, crack..." genre crispy!! ahah!
February 8, 2010
Pretty stupid if you ask me.
½ February 7, 2010
one of the funniest... has the sharks sounding like lions and when they eat people it sounds super crunchy!
December 15, 2008
no thanks not my thing
October 18, 2008
Pretty stupid if you ask me.
July 20, 2008
Shark Zone was one of the worst shark movies. This movie is category for its self and I don't know how people who worked on this one call themselves professionals. From director to actors completely disaster. Disaster of epic proportions. Please avoid this movie.
½ July 8, 2008
this movie was kinda dumb
½ June 17, 2007
Jaws has to be one of the most ripped-off motion pictures ever made. This is a rehash of that films basic plot, without the technical expertise or a capable director. The acting doesn't rise above the rest of the film either. Pretty bad.
February 21, 2007
[size=3]Ahh, Shark Zone. Don't ever ask why I watched this movie. Everything that we love about shark movies: Attractive and untalented lead actors/actresses, recycled footage that looks a little narrow because the logo for the Discovery Channel had to be cropped out, and of course, little to no realistic violence. Oh, and roaring sharks. Yes, the sharks here roar, like a lion, no kidding. I'm sure there was some sound designer on this film who was staring at dailies of sharks swimming and asking himself, "God, after I'm finished this bag of candy worms, what can I do to make this shark scarier than the one from JAWS?" However, said sound designer probably did not realize that by merely adding a roar to each shark, he ultimately turned the shark's entire living process into an atmospheric contradiction. For a shark to roar, it must have lungs and vocal chords, and for the shark to have lungs and vocal chords, it could only survive outside of the water. Well after watching this piece of flaming crap, I actually felt dumber for watching it. I don't think there is one redeeming quality that I could find in this movie and am surprised for those that do. I think the people that made this movie should shoot themselves in the face because it is so terrible, I mean honestly what could be worse than 500,000 lion roaring sharks terrorizing a community, so the Russian mafia can't get diamonds at the bottom of the ocean? This is easily the worst movie I have ever seen, even beating out Batman & Robin, in that regards this movie must be commended.[/size]

[size=3]:rotten: 0/4 stars[/size]