Sharknado - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sharknado Reviews

December 6, 2017
I joined Rotten Tomatoes just so I could write a review for this movie. I love disaster movies and was totally prepared to overlook logic and watch a low-budget, questionable combination of Jaws and Twister, HOWEVER this was the most ridiculously bad movie, so bad it was funny. The filming and camera quality ranges from laughable to filmed by a potato. The acting is ok in parts but mostly absolutely terrible including sections when the characters don't seem scared at all by a shark literally eating someone right in front of them. THE SCRIPT could have been written by a child with sarcastic and yet unfunny jokes constantly spread between bouts of "oh my gosh!", "gosh!", uninvested arguments about child custody and ridiculous heroic jargon from the protagonist-- who on a side note provides no eye candy at all!!!! As other reviews have stated the CGI is terrible, the sharks look different in every shot. Really annoyingly there is a COMPLETE lack of continuity - one second there's buildings toppling, next they're fine, one second the whole streets flooded, then they're walking around in light rain and wind. Every now and then a clip of sharks thats clearing just from the sea or off a nature channel gets put in. Don't watch this movie unless you're high!
November 5, 2017
The perfect movie, it's so stupid, that it's smart. Beautifully self-aware, this makes for the best shark movie since jaws.
November 2, 2017
This is a funny movie. Even the B movie special effects don't bother me. A laugh riot! See it on a rainy afternoon.
½ November 2, 2017
This movie is just awful.
½ October 28, 2017
It took several years, but I finally got around to watching this. I should have waited another several bunch of years. This is supposed to be a 'so bad it's good'type of movie, but god. It was just really wearyng to watch.
½ October 28, 2017
Give this its dues, it takes far fetched to another level, a level that soon finds you engulfed in the entertainment that this unrealism brings with it. The exaggerated special effects and gore are more comedic than gruesome, and surprisingly this even retains some form of storyline. With the token tart deployed in the shape of Tara Reid, this is purely aimed at being every mans wet dream.
October 27, 2017
Bloody good fun, for a low budget film :)
October 22, 2017
I struggle to find one reason why anyone would say after seeing this, "Wow, was that entertaining or what?" unless it was extremely sarcastic. I won't search up the budget for this film but my guess would be that there wasn't one.
½ October 16, 2017
This movie is hilarious! I was cracking up, and I realized "oh my god, i'm enjoying one of the worst movies ever made!". Do an at home commentary for bonus points
½ October 14, 2017
this was the lowest i could go. i know i have to make myself believe this crap was made
½ October 4, 2017
What the foak? A tornado with sharks inside? Sharks inside a tornado? These weirdos have seriously smoked even their grandma's ashes.
½ October 3, 2017
Why does this have such good reviews? Why? WHY?!
September 27, 2017
A lot of the users on here don't seem to realize that this movie is a spoof and is stupid on purpose. I question their sanity, seeing how obvious it is that this isn't meant to be taken seriously. That being said, it can be rather fun to make fun of with a group of friends. However, I would never watch it otherwise. You can call it a bad parody, but don't criticize it as a horror/action film, something it obviously wasn't meant to be. You just make yourself look oblivious.
½ September 14, 2017
Sharknado is an entertaining, exciting but not good film. The story of sharks in a tornado killing, injuring and scaring people gives no real plot and not a good story. This is not something I would recommend.
½ August 28, 2017
How did I bring myself to watch this cult..comedy?...thriller?...horror?
Yes I am still questioning it myself.
The first 10 minutes of the film was a basic excuse to have some 1 x 1 gun action and violence. Because the rest of the film is about humanity fighting together against the extreme odds of predators.
If you didn't know what the budget of the film was, then all you need to do is look at the inconsistency of the cinematography.
Now with one film out of the way, do I need to watch the struggling copies?
½ August 27, 2017
Want to talk about bad acting. Concepts that don't make sense. Cheesy green screen, and a ridiculous fan base. Well then you got sharknado. The acting is so bad. All the characters seem like there very interested that there is a tornado filled with sharks. Then there are concepts that don't sense. When the tornado is going over the ocean and somehow stumbles onto a swarm of 500 sharks. When did sharks start to swim in groups of 500. Oh can't forget when the only way to stop the sharknado is to throw grenades into it, because that makes total sense. I mean it might kill the sharks, BUT NOT STOP THE actual TORNADO. Apparently explosions stop the wind. I wonder how the story continues for the next 5 MOVIES. This movie really sucks
August 12, 2017
'Sharknado' is exactly the movie one expects with a title such as 'Sharknado', with alcohol not included but recommended for heightened amusement.
½ August 7, 2017
This movie is REALLY bad with editing that would make you barf and a bad story. NO one should watch this awful movie.
½ August 7, 2017
Biggest load of rubbish i've ever seen. How to make a film with a 500 budget. Do the actors have no shame putting their name to this?
August 7, 2017
Sounds stupid but its a really fun movie and its very entertaining. If you want to watch a cheesy but funny film Sharknado is for you.