Sharknado - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sharknado Reviews

January 16, 2017
Sharknado was so bad, so silly. And yet, I liked it. Not because it was realistic whatsoever. Somehow the ridiculousness of it was satisfying.

The scene where they are in the house, heading up the stairs and sharks start flying into the house? Then, the shark eats the estranged wife's annoying new boyfriend, and our hero then gets to kill the shark by beating it with the butt of a rifle (am I remembering this right?) Nuff said!

Not that I'll be going out of my way to watch Sharnado 2, 3 4, etc. But you never know. In the right frame of mind, when something totally mindless is the right thing to watch and it just happens to be on...Well, nah, maybe once was enough!
January 11, 2017
Perhaps also proudly, shamelessly and gloriously brainless. I would also say "funny", at times, in its mild critique of Hollywood thriller movies.
However, even by watching with a curious attitude...the movie gets very boring after a point.

And that's not good.
½ December 11, 2016
Sharknado is of the same kin as the great Piranha 3D. Showcasing the perfect blend of terrible acting, high school-special effects, a stupendous script, and a choppy story, it is profoundly bad. As a result, one can only laugh at this movie at how impressively bad it is, and enjoy it for it's absurdity and silliness. It is difficult to master the art of creating self-parody that is so abysmal, it becomes good, but Sharknado achieved the desired effect.
½ November 10, 2016
the godfather of trash movies. the actors bad acting and the dump story plus the crappy animations all combined, a hell of a good movie. it has his own character, dont know...but hilarious af dude !
½ November 5, 2016
Its very fake. There is lot to make fun of so this is very fun to watch with friends if you like to make fun of movies
½ October 19, 2016
Funny chorny and decent
½ October 19, 2016
"Sharknado's" campy, shark-fighting fun is only truly entertaining with a couple of beers and a couple of friends who've had a couple of beers.
October 12, 2016
It's obviously terrible, but I was definitely entertained.
½ October 11, 2016
I had a good time watching this. Six years too late for me, but finally got around to it. Definitely in the vein of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Toxic Avengers, etc. Good dumb fun for a horror movie. Can't hate on it too much. Fun concept, fun execution.
October 9, 2016
Loved it. So good. One of my favorite movies of all time
October 8, 2016
if you want cheese you have it with this film
September 14, 2016
If there was a 0 star option I would give it I had to stop watching it was so horrible
½ September 3, 2016
Even the NAME suggests it's terrible plot. A tornado with sharks?! First of all, the sharks would DIE since they need water to live and second of all, tornados are most likely to be made in the plains where there's no water! The entire movie is a waste of time and an insult to people with intelligence!

And let's PLEASE stop the presumptuous "It's so bad, it's good" BS! If it's that bad, it's that bad! It doesn't go into some "good" category once it falls off the spectrum of "just awful!" It's just BAD.

And Rotten Tomatoes, you are a JOKE! You rate this pure TRASH at 83% along with amazing quality movies like "Dark Knight" (88%) and "Titanic"(88%) and other genius work like" The Grinch" at 53%?!?! Are you freaking kidding me?! People need to stop considering you as an actual serious film critic website! You know NOTHING about plot, good acting, good effects or anything else!

This is a piece of TRASH, not art and you need to stop pretending it's anything else! I'm never allowing Rotten Tomatoes' worthless opinion to influence my movie decisions ever again!
½ September 3, 2016
This needs to be a Zero!
August 27, 2016
Sharknado did not fulfill my sexual expectations. I recommend to any horny teenager Birdemic: Shock and Terror. I still fap to that movie daily.
August 13, 2016
This film is just so funny! Sharknado really redefines what makes a B movie so good!
August 13, 2016
Sharknado is one of those 'it's so bad it's good' movies which is complete bs they found some success appealing to hipster who like bad movies and started pumping out sharknado sequels like Irish babies I have not watched the sequels but watching this movie was as worst as a medical student gouging out your eyes and trying to put them back in while you are conscious I felt so bored with the plot and the cringey acting that I felt like just like a beached whale being dissected by a barber with a spoon this movie should not even be called a movie it is just a cheap money grap at hipsters
August 13, 2016
with a title and synopsis like Sharknado you cannot take this movie seriously, and you shouldn't.

it is brilliantly funny, making jokes out of itself, the unbelievably ridiculous fight scenes are very fun.
½ August 4, 2016
Pero que es muy mala trama poco coherente una fantasia excesivamente aburrida No llega ni a 5
August 2, 2016
Seriouslyy??!?!? 87% from the critics to that shitty Asylum film that sucked in all. The worst film in the cinema history is rated 87% meanwhile films like BvS are just a poor 35%??!! I'm not saying that it was a PERFECT movie, but I'M SURE it's better thousands of times than Sharknado, and that is the reason why the people should not care about your stupid opinions and go watching movies by theirself. You just suck for me... You are so horrible like the films like that, but anyway with your positive (and shitty) ratings.
[Sorry for my english, I'm not american or english.. I'm still improving it]