Sharknado 2: The Second One - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sharknado 2: The Second One Reviews

February 20, 2019
You better watch this
January 28, 2019
Yea so it sucked, obviously. First was better
January 5, 2019
Why does this movie even exist, the first sharknado wasn't even that good. Then Sharknado 2 comes and adds a pointless plot and characters to the already terrible CGI.
November 27, 2018
A great sequel that is just as good as the first with it's silly ridiculous story humor and everything else
½ August 13, 2018
Better than the first but CG still horrible.
July 30, 2018
some entertainment value like the first, but not enough (1 viewing)
July 24, 2018
I am not sure if I can say for sure if this was worse than the original, but it sure wasn't better,
½ July 16, 2018
Sharknado 2: The Second One is the sequel that manages to retain some of its ridiculous positive beats despite not being as good as it's predecessor but it is still as entertaining as possible. One year after the events of the first film, Fin Shepard and his ex wife April Wexler have earned fame when April writes and publishes a book about how to survive a Sharknado and are on tour going to New York City, but once again. The Sharknado has returned to wreck havoc and after April gets confined to the hospital when her arm was eaten by a shark during their flight, Fin races in time to save his sister and her husband along with his nephew and niece as another disastrous Sharknado strikes again. Just like the first film, Sharknado 2 continues the cycle of its idiotic but entertaining predecessor by retaining some of the key beats that made the original a super fun so bad its good film. The departure of the Los Angeles setting to New York City is one of the major changes of this film as we get to see the challenges from the first film are different when they are on a different city; I have to admit some of the plot elements felt like a retread of its predecessor from start to finish. But what the sequel managed to do is brainstorm some new ideas that really raised the scale of the first film despite how stupid or dumb it is in a good way and not the other one around like raining sharks, fire sharks, flying chainsaws cutting the sharks in the tornadoes you name it. The CGI as always is just as bad from the first film but in a good way that is actually better than Independence Day's horrid effects. The tone is wackier and more tongue and cheek than before, there are more animals that have been digitalized as the sharks themselves like crocodiles and a brief glimpse of an octopus plus the dialogue is almost as cheesy as the story. There are plenty of scenes that are nearly as stupid or idiotic as some of the moments from its predecessor (The sharks attacking the plane in the beginning, swinging a bat on a shark that ends in a home run, more use of chainsaws against the sharks, shooting sharks with a hand gun, the hilarious scene with the shark getting stabbed and cooked in the oven, the statue of liberty head rolling around in the streets of the Big Apple and the finale where our hero is sky diving and cutting sharks with chainsaws) but nevertheless are very fun to watch. The acting is as always decent at its best. Its good to see Ian Ziering and Tara Reid reprise their roles as Fin Shepard and April Wexler from the first film. While the new casts like Vivica A. Fox from the two Independence Day films is better in her role here than in the aforementioned Independence Day as Fin's High School classmate Skye along with Kari Wuhrer who also delivers a good performance as Fin's sister. Director Anthony C. Ferrante returns to the directors chair with his screenwriting partner Thunder Levin and the duo strikes again with a solid sequel to the first film that is as entertaining as its predecessor but does not exceed the expectations of the original, nevertheless it is still a great film. Overall, Sharknado 2: The Second One is a fine sequel that may not have improved over the original but in many ways, it is still a fun guilty pleasure film to watch for all the right reasons. This follow-up gets a 7.5/10.
May 27, 2018
Although this film may seem obnoxious and silly, it's actually an exquisitely made movie. The characters are just brilliant and can find a way to solve most any problem thrown their way. The movie is truly incredible in its cinematography and scripting. The cast delivers the story just as it should be; thrilling.
April 21, 2018
While not as fun as its predecessor, it still manages to deliver some laughs.
March 15, 2018
Wow, this was really bad but I couldn't look away, kinda like a car wreck.
½ January 5, 2018
Yeah... they should have stopped with the initial installment. This one jumped the shark. :-)
December 24, 2017
It's better than the last and is actually one of Asylum's best efforts; but it still infuriates me that this franchise caught on the way it did.
October 28, 2017
Enough Said! It's so bad it's good.
½ October 27, 2017
Crappy, but pretty good sequel
October 16, 2017
Nowhere near as funny as the 1st one
October 7, 2017
It was funny. The graphics were better than the first movie. The first one is still my favorite.
September 27, 2017
The spoofing is much more predictable this time around. It seems to be trying to top the first one, despite never really coming close. Like the last one, it's only fun to watch with a jovial group of friends. Despite the insanity always happening on screen, it somehow manages to be quite boring at times.
August 27, 2017
I was never expecting Sharknado 2 to be good, and it wasn't. But I also never expected it to be an improvement on the first, and it was. I mean in the grand scheme of things that's not exactly an achievement, but it's pretty odd to think that a second film with the subtitle "The Second One" would actually elevate the franchise somewhat.
jamrcla
August 9, 2017
After the first was garbage but fun, This one loses its newness and was exactly the same just set in New York, It seemed to focus more on how many minor celebrities can make cameos than anything and even most of them struggled to act as themselves not to mention the rest of the cast were pretty awful too, The effects were a tiny bit better but still bad, I found myself looking at how long the film had left than anything.