Sharpe's Rifles - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sharpe's Rifles Reviews

December 8, 2013
Good action movie with excellent character development
½ May 17, 2013
l think this episode was from the first series.
½ November 3, 2012
Sean Bean can shoot.
April 12, 2012
Watched Sharpe‚(TM)s Rifles yesterday‚¶ was awesome :D, if I ever was in a battle, I would gladly follow Lieutenant Richard Sharpe into battle.

The idea of an uprising being inspired by just the rising of a flag was fair, but more importantly, we got Patrick Harper, Daniel Hagman, and even Teresa introduced.
September 9, 2011
There's something special about the Sharpe movies. Sean Bean played the part so well that writer Bernard Cornwell actually changed his mind as too what his character (Richard Sharpe) looks like in his books.
½ March 20, 2011
Earliest of the Sharpe made-for-TV movies, based on the earliest (though not the first) of what I would term the 'classic' (pre TV series) adventures.

Although it does take some liberties with the plot of the book (most noticeably in how Sharpe save Wellesley's life and in the (very) early introduction of the Spanish Guerilla leader Teresa, who doesn't appear until another couple of novels) - when does a TV series or film not? - it does at least manage to capture the essence of those books, and provides a good introduction to the series as a whole.

I've said before, and I'll probably say again: I would have loved to have seen a 'proper' made-for-cinema Sharpe films :)
½ June 8, 2010
The first of a great series. A great series with surprise, drama, intenisity, conedy, action, and romance! a fun series from start to finish
½ April 3, 2010
Great beginning to the Sharpe series. Thoroughly enjoyed watching this and wish I'd known about this character and these movies 17 years ago.
December 26, 2009

It's forty shillings on the drum (8)
½ March 22, 2009
Sean Bean is marvelous as Sharpe. Very nice film.
March 19, 2009
Sharpe... what else do I have to say
March 1, 2009
An extremely well made period action film with very interesting main character. The screenwriter and the director of this film were quite good at paying attention to details and there are more things you get out of this movie the second time.
January 18, 2009
Spennande krigshistorie frå tidleg 1800-tal.
December 11, 2008
These films/episodes are just amazing.
November 3, 2008
Puhdasta TV-tuotannon parhautta kaikkine jatko-osineen!
October 25, 2008
sharpe is the best love all of sharpes stuff
½ July 17, 2008
Ok, I'll admit it, I love this. Sean Bean, the Napoleonic Wars, and an occasional score by Kenny Loggins? It's a potent mix.
½ July 3, 2008
Sean Bean was excellent in this!
June 27, 2008