Shattered (Butterfly on a Wheel) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shattered (Butterfly on a Wheel) Reviews

½ August 3, 2010
Butterfly on a Wheel (US: Shattered, Europe: Desperate Hours) is a 2007 Canadian thriller film starring Pierce Brosnan, Maria Bello and Gerard Butler. Neil Randall (Gerard Butler) and his wife, Abby Randall (Maria Bello) have the perfect life and a perfect marriage. With their beautiful young daughter, Sophie, they are living the American dream... until today. When Sophie is suddenly kidnapped, they have no choice but to comply with the abductor's demands.
August 3, 2010
Very good movie with a great ending...never would have expected it!
August 2, 2010
Just finished watching this film and was VERY impressed indeed! Pierce is a strong force throughout the film and it even features parts for Nicholas Lea (of X-Files fame) and Callum Keith Rennie (from Due South). Very good indeed!!!
July 24, 2010
i just saw this movie today when i browsed the net..i accidentally click this movie at 4shared when i started watching it..it bored me,i thought this is just t typical suspense movie. but no its not..its very unpredictable..its good..i laughed when the movie ended..i said to my self Pierce Brosnan knows how to pick a film (lolz)
½ July 22, 2010
A clever thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat.
July 17, 2010
Well I walked in late to catch this one. As a huge Gerard Butler fan I can't believe I missed this one in theaters. Classic psychological thriller that keeps you guessing at every turn and a twist you never saw coming. The acting in this film- which really, as a character driven flick, is all you need- just blew me away. Butler, as the husband who had it all and is on the verge of loosing it all, just took his role and made it real! Bello and Brosnan also delivered and really just kept me into it the whole time. If you're a fan of films that grab you, pull you, push you, and spin you around this one is one of them for you! Well made film and as always Butler entertains in a rare way that a lot of actors seem to fall short on. I give this 8/10.
July 14, 2010
Intense thriller, straight to dvd was really good. Gerard Butler was new at that time when this movie was released. Everyone did great job. Some people will learn something from this movie. Must see.
½ July 12, 2010
This is a great film with an awesome twist, all the actors are great and the story is very interesting - Beware the perfect Husband
½ July 5, 2010
Awesome Suspense Thriller, Watched it again in HBO reruns in the Long Weekend 4+ Stars
½ July 4, 2010
Much better than I expected, and I'd expected pretty decent. Interesting and surprising to see Brosnan as such a baddie, but he does it very well. Maria Bello is quite good, as usual, but Gerard Butler was the best part for me - and almost just because of his acting(I'm female; at least 25% of the pull has to be physical attraction! lol). Some of the best I've yet seen from him, and further proving that the big-budget-widely-publicized films rarely show his true talent. See it for him, if nothing else. But the last 15 minutes were one hell of a trip, creating a plot-twisted ending I don't think anyone could have seen coming.
June 14, 2010
While it was very obvious from very early on how the plot was going to pan out, the same can't be said for Pierce Brosnan's accent which utterly baffled me. Scottish or Irish? Neither sounded convincing to my ears and yet he's Irish born. Despite all this, the movie held my attention surprisingly well.
June 11, 2010
an interesting film with a good cast but things were just to random and didn't really have too much of a reason even with the ending. entertaining in parts but overall lost out.
June 6, 2010
Let me start out by saying this film is very unpopular and I'm suprised I found it at my local video store. But holy crap I am extremely happy I found it. I'm the kind of guy who loves movies that have twists and turns on every corner, and isn't a cliche embarrassing film. I absolutely loved this film. Shattered has the most twists and suprises you can imagine. I promise that you will be on the edge of your seat for the entire film. Amazing!

Second off, fantastic performances. Wow, I am not a big fan of Gerard Butler, but I am so happy he was cast in this role. He was utterly fantastic. Also, Peirce Brosnan did a stellar job as the villain, great casting. Finally, Maria Bello does fantastic as Gerard's wife

Finally, the ending is amazing! I love twist endings, and this has one of the best twist endings ever.

In the end, I absolutely loved Shattered. Excellent cinematography, great twist and turns, and exceptional performacnes end up for a fantastic film.
June 3, 2010
almost missed this one, it's unexpectedly good movie with great twist at the end...it's more like psychological drama than action.
May 20, 2010
A very fun piece of mind screwery, try not to take much at face value here. If you pay enough attention, you won't really be surprised by the twists and reveals, but you'll have fun with them anyway. A particularly cold-yet-humorous turn by Brosnan and a truly moving performance by Maria Bello make this a fun movie to watch, and the script isn't half bad either.
May 20, 2010
Violent revenge from a wife to her husband who was havin an affair with some other women. The way it was is just ridiculous but smart ..
Good movie to watch
½ May 19, 2010
Great film. Well acted and well written. Wonderful performances by Gerard Butler and Pierce Brosnan. Maria Bello was good, very believable. Very good plot. I thought that the film was going to be your basic kidnapping story but it took a turn at the end that you don't expect. Even when you think you have it figured out, more twists come along. Good character developments within the story. Very thrilling and has a little bit of action thrown in. The film has a fast pace and is well edited. Really entertaining and worth watching.
½ May 18, 2010
Pierce Browman vs Gerard Butler

I had so much of trouble to find this movie, cause the one that I saw was named "Buttlerfly on a wheel. Maybe that's why, there's not a lot of rate for this movie.

Pierce Browsman, a hero of my youth for all his James Bond movies and now Gerard Bulter, an actor that don't stop to surprise me for his madness in "300" and "Law Abiding Citizen", what kind of dual could that be? Hummm..Should be interesting!

I wasn't sure about this movie at the beginning... As long the story was going on, it's was looking more as a drama movie then a action one. The suspense was not bad, Piece, Gerard and Maria were doing a great job to keep the movie go. But it was more "Cliché" movie: A Badguy kidnapping a child and playing with her parents or else, she'll die...
My expectations were not that high and until the end, this movie would not have higher then 50% in rate! BUT, the end changes everything: the perspective, the badguy,the good guys... The illusion falls, the truth always shows up! Loved it! Good job Mr.Barker!
7.5/10
May 17, 2010
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS FILM...
½ May 14, 2010
No wonder it took so long to find this; on Sky it had the title 'Butterfly on a Wheel'. Nonetheless, I thought it was a great film. I must admit, towards the beginning I could have switched it off and not much cared how it ended, but then more and more elaborate twists and turns, and then that excellent finale made it worth watching.