Shelter Island - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shelter Island Reviews

October 20, 2009
I didn't care for Ally Sheedy - I didn't know her career had sunk to the level of taking part in a movie this amateur either.
October 14, 2009
A Good One To Fall Asleep To
½ March 4, 2009
A low budget thriller with a few recognizable faces in it, especially Patsy Kensit for UK audiences. The film poster makes the film look more interesting than it is. I was expecting more of a killer loose on a remote island, but it's not like that. Although not an erotic thriller it had quite a lot of nudity, by body doubles any how. Predictable but kind of ok for a watch once.
½ January 17, 2009
If you're a fan of suspense, intrigue, action or deceit, then this movie is not for you. If you are willing to sit through a very slow, painfully obvious, hour and a half for a glance at some naked lesbian flesh (like I apparently was) then more power to you. The other huge question is why the heck is there a giant Rambo knife on the advertisement for the movie when there are none in the movie?!
July 30, 2008
A really used and abused story, of a person loving another person, who wants to take advantage of the first person's money. Here the two persons are two women, but it's not a plus, since one of the actresses is the monoexpressive Patsy Kensit. Icy-faced Stephen Baldwin doesn't help. Well, I didn't like it at all, but the environment and locations were fine. So, 2 stars.
½ November 8, 2007
Rather boring for a thriller, but it does have some rewarding moments. Unfortunately they are not often enough. The cast is bland but fine.
July 26, 2004
So me and my sister decided to rent this B film Shelter Island. I really cant find much I liked about this film First I'll start with the things I didnt like because I may need some extra time thinking of the good parts if any this film had. Well lets get started. Stephen Baldwin is in this film and I despised him. It seems like he is trying to hard I just didnt like his character. There is this cop in the film who is just a peeping tom and a sicko but Im not sure why the cop couldnt just be a normal guy. Overall the acting was bad, the dialogue was bad, the overall movie was just plain bad. Ok, Im done with that.
Now on to the good things...hmmm what were some good things? Nope, none.