Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows Reviews

August 14, 2017
The sequel to Sherlock Holmes is a Game of Shadows where Dr. Moriarty finally meets his doom. I give this movie a *4* star Rating!!!!
August 14, 2017
It is an AMAZING movie!!!
July 8, 2017
A Game of Shadows is the sequel that pretty much has the same writing, directing and layout as the first film minus being as dark. They put more comedy and quirkiness in it. The story itself I felt was also weaker. I didn't enjoy it as much as the first
June 29, 2017
Pretty good. Not as good as the first one.
6/29/17: Watched with W.
June 24, 2017
ahahaha Robert Downey !!!
June 23, 2017
The second Sherlock Holmes doesn't offer much that is new, but is still an entertaining watch.
June 21, 2017
The beloved detective work from the first movie is still evident, but the harrowing action and momentum is sacrificed for a somewhat dull storyline.
June 9, 2017
Robert Downey Jr. has done it again!
June 7, 2017
This movie surpasses the first in every way. I thoroughly enjoyed this action mystery spectacle.There is less of a mystery element in this one, but it more than makes up for it with really great action and thrills. All of the performances are fantastic and the movie is a non-stop ride. Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law return and both do a great job. This movie also has a much better vilIain than the first movie. I think this film is very underrated because I think it's just brilliant fun that has a unique style. The way the action scenes are put together are truly exciting and are backed by a thunderously effective score. It is everything a sequel should be and I am still hoping there are more installments in this series.
June 7, 2017
Every bit as good as the first... and the addition of Jared Harris was simply brilliant.
May 31, 2017
Lacking some of the fun of the first film, A Game of Shadows still offers an entertaining time. Moriarty leaves something to be desired, but Holmes and Watson do shine again in this film.
½ April 15, 2017
An ok film, I find the first one to be better bc there's not much of Irene in it! ?? The action scenes and plot was good too. But I wanted Irene to be in it!
April 13, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: Guy Ritchie's first Sherlock Holmes was a bit of a surprise, and strangely enough, his second attempt is too. Now what it does so successfully is to update the great aspects of its predecessor's style in a slicker manor to deliver an experience that's slightly less gritty but even more fun. That's enhanced mostly by a solidifying of Ritchie's refined vision, but it's also achieved with an overall increase in action and humour throughout. That gives many of the appealing elements of quirkiness a chance to properly shine, and puts Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law in exceedingly amusing territory.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Some of the character ground-work is lost, and whilst the plot is more developed, it is now dizzyingly complicated.
VERDICT: A sequel that refines itself and generally ups the anti; 'A Game of Shadows' is a successful sequel from Guy Ritchie. Surely he needs to head for Pirates of the Caribbean now.
March 3, 2017
If you are expecting a continuation of the plot teaser you got at the end of thr first movie then never watch this movie because they throw it out in the first 5 minutes and spend the rest of the movie on anti-war propaganda. No steampunk to be found in this movie. Good acting saves this from from being a complete disaster
½ February 17, 2017
A comedy really. Not to be taken seriously. Still clever and fun. A five-star film for one who loves to laugh.
½ November 29, 2016
Robert Downey Jr. makes another quality film starring as Sherlock Holmes and thanks to more intricate action scenes, engaging story, and less drag throughout the run time, A Game Of Shadows proves to be just as entertaining, if not better than the first installment . Although some scenes can feel out of place or just range into simply bizarre territory, it's still a quality written film with excellent dialogue and stunning action shots throughout.
November 7, 2016
great follow up movie
October 26, 2016
Robert Downey and Jude law play an amazing Sherlock and Watson! They made this sequel just as awesome as the first
October 26, 2016
Esperaba ms de esta secuela... se me hizo hasta aburridora
October 17, 2016
As good or better than the original.