Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows Reviews

½ November 29, 2016
Robert Downey Jr. makes another quality film starring as Sherlock Holmes and thanks to more intricate action scenes, engaging story, and less drag throughout the run time, A Game Of Shadows proves to be just as entertaining, if not better than the first installment . Although some scenes can feel out of place or just range into simply bizarre territory, it's still a quality written film with excellent dialogue and stunning action shots throughout.
November 7, 2016
great follow up movie
October 26, 2016
Robert Downey and Jude law play an amazing Sherlock and Watson! They made this sequel just as awesome as the first
October 26, 2016
Esperaba más de esta secuela... se me hizo hasta aburridora
October 17, 2016
As good or better than the original.
October 6, 2016
I've never read any Sherlock Holmes and I'm not
Likely to any time soon, this film is entertaining , really well done - I like how the dialogue always seems to indicate Holmes as a deluded investigator in a setting where all these nuances go in noticed - also his experimentation and friendly yet competitive Banta wit Watson. All put on a change the tide of war believable save the world kind of story. Also using great hi speed sequences to tell a moment of glory! Holmes accent is acceptable plausible and I love the urban camouflagia - - do a slasher Holmes ...
September 3, 2016
Yet again another master piece by Guy himself, the movie is fun, cleaver, and different. I've always been a fan of Sherlock Holmes reboots, but this one leaves all the others in the dust. The movie is enjoyable no matter how many times I watch it, and the acting is 5 star.
½ August 23, 2016
It doesn't start nearly as solidly as the first, because the whole first act isn't great. It's sad how little the villain is in this, and how him and Holmes are together even less! But he is a good villain. The action is still good, and it still has laughs, but I'm not sure if there's more or less of both, and if it feels like there's not enough or too much. But the train scene is badass! Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law still give good performances, and their characters are still good. The writing was worse, from a duo that haven't done anything good. They should have kept the writers of the first, but just not had all four. It's also really long. It's a minute different in length from the first, but at least the first felt shorter than this. Guy Ritchie seemed to direct fine, but with as much bad stuff as there is, it's hard to tell.
½ August 1, 2016
A silly yet enjoyable movie that continues to portray Holmes as a modern action hero, not trying anything new compared to the previous chapter and just going for a safe plot that is never daring. Still, it is a lot of fun, with an exciting mind battle as climax.
July 31, 2016
While not quite as gripping at the first of the major film series, it still sparkles with charm that you can't deny - and the chemistry between Downey and Law is just on point. Ironically the role who lets it down is Moriarty himself.
July 28, 2016
***
It's a slight improvement over the original, but not enough to make a difference to its score. It has everything you liked about the first one, and almost everything you didn't like as well.
July 17, 2016
Somehow even better than the first... which I liked immensely.
July 16, 2016
Extremely Disappointing

Originally Written December 29, 2011--

When Austria's crown prince is found dead, evidence seems to point to suicide. However, detective Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey Jr.) deduces that the prince was murdered and that the crime is but a piece of a puzzle designed by an evil genius named Moriarty (Jared Harris). Holmes and his friend Dr. Watson (Jude Law), who are accompanied by a Gypsy (Noomi Rapace) whose life Holmes saved, chase Moriarty across Europe in the hope that they can thwart his plot before it can come to fruition.

I really liked the first film in this series starring Downey and Law, but this one was just extremely disappointing. It just didn't have the same spark that the first film did. It was certainly exciting and had a lot of cool action, but it just never went anywhere and seemed in the end to be a waste of time. Wait for Redbox on this one.
July 15, 2016
A very good movie with lots of action and humor. My only complaint is they tried to reuse stuff from the first movie that made that movie one of the best movies I've ever seen. Although...that slo-mo scene where they're running through the forest is awesome!!!
½ July 10, 2016
Not as good as the first blockbuster Sherlock Holmes with RDJ this finds itself getting convoluted with an odd cgi action scene in slow motion that doesn't seem to fit in. The idea of both Holmes and moriarty planning the fight in their heads is amusing but overall the sequel falls flat.
½ July 8, 2016
Not as good as the original but great performances from the cast carries the movie through.Its's as entertaining as the first one.Highly recommended.
June 29, 2016
The worst film I have seen in years. Unwatchable. Abandoned.
June 28, 2016
Much like its predecessor, this film has loads of fun action, a great cast (Robert Downey Jr. is superb again), an excellent story, and lots of well-timed humor.
June 8, 2016
I did not know Sherlock Holmes could be this bad ass without being ruined, Downey Jr. does the character justice. Him and Jude Law have great chemistry and make me laugh.
May 29, 2016
Not really my kinda thing! It was 'OK'.