Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows Reviews

• Mar 04, 2020

Some exciting elements (which sometimes even manage to become entire scenes) fail to make up for the unwarranted length and a plot that fails to make the viewer feel attached.

• Feb 10, 2020

I always like the bastard child in a film series; A Game of Shadows is the more OCD, less consistent, more creative, brisker and also somehow more protracted, more exciting and bolder entry. It's more flawed but more rewatchable, it's more confusing but it's far less boring. It does bizzare things, like killing McAdams' character so early, and in such a way that is intentionally obfuscated, and it's a deeply messy movie with Ritchie's signature excess, to pave over the cracks in his ability. But RDJ is clearly loving his role and Jared Harris' Moriarty is a fun, if inept, part. The chess match ending sequence(s) rivals anything the British TV show thinks is clever, with a nice nod to the books, and the action has a charged wit and an energy. These films are well tooled machines and I have to say I'd be excited for the cheeky retro-modern escapades in a third entry. No likes mariko2 partsnetflix21.00laptop COMMENT?

• Feb 01, 2020

Robert is one of my fav actor of this decade and being a Sherlock... He was AWESOME...

• Jan 19, 2020

This is his best Sherlock Holmes to date! I'm excited for the 3rd one next year!

• Jan 07, 2020

Pure​ entertainment with a great cast.

Pure​ entertainment with a great cast.

• Dec 28, 2019

It was a rather forgettable affair. The first film was almost great, it was just missing that little something, and in this film, not only did they not find it, they lost just that little more. The social ineptitude of Holmes in the first film felt like a obstacle to be overcome, but this one just has him looking like an outright jerk, making it hard to be invested in his antics. You just feel sorry for Watson. The final confrontation was interesting and well directed, but by that point in the film it is quite hard to drag yourself out of the boredom educed stupor that has overcome you.

• Sep 22, 2019

Loved the first one, this one just about held my attention.

Loved the first one, this one just about held my attention.

• Aug 13, 2019

Not as good as the original but it's still action packed, well directed, and well written.

• Jul 18, 2019

not quite as good as the last one. but if your bored and you wanted to rent this, then its not bad

• May 10, 2019

Not quite as good as the first, but charming nonetheless. Just loses a good bit of its novelty. Still, a fun interpretation of a classic character (or series thereof.)