Sherlock Holmes and the Baker Street Irregulars Reviews

• Aug 28, 2011

Well it was not the best Sherlock Holmes I have seen but it kept my atenttion still so it was not to bad

• Jan 18, 2009

A Holmesian movie that focuses around the a group of street kids that help the detective. British sensibilities keep this movie from straying into a Disney style family film.

• Aug 09, 2008

This movie needed more energy to it.. it got boring quickly.

This movie needed more energy to it.. it got boring quickly.

• Jul 13, 2008

Jonathan Pryce make a pretty good Sherlock Holmes in this made for TV outing of the Classic detective. The Baker Street Irregulars play a big part in this, since Holmes does not seem to be the main focus of this 2 part episode of what feels like a Pilot attempt. Nothing special to note, but if your a hardcore fan of the Detective, you might have a really hard time digesting this. I took it for what it was, just 2 hours of harmless fun.

• Jun 11, 2008

I never could see Jonathan Pryce as Holmes myself but he was the only good thing about this otherwise sterile family drama that seems like it was made for CITV or CBEEBIES. There's absolutely no bloody atmosphere to it. Holmes' trusty Baker Street kids lose their leader when he apparently drowns in the Thames and the victim's sister begins to turn against Holmes claiming that he doesn't really care for them. But he still needs them to carry on working for him since he's in the middle of a difficult case. It's not the best of plots and the acting from the majority of the cast would make the 'actors' in Hollyoaks cringe. Watson barely has anything to do, the stupid slow motion and editing techniques do not fit the context and the music is completely anachronistic, if terribly dull. The production design was pretty though, it has to be said. For Sherlock Holmes fans and very young kids only.

• Jun 11, 2008