She's Out of Control - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

She's Out of Control Reviews

May 5, 2016
Overprotective dad must learn to deal with teenage daughter.
March 10, 2016
Great comedy with Tony Danza, fatherhood and a great turn of events!!
½ August 23, 2015
8/22/2015: Not near as good as I remembered. My judgement must have Benin clouded due to a huge crush on Dolenz!
June 6, 2015
Absolutely love this movie! I loved it when it came out and it is just as good today. I always wanted to have a major makeover like her and well I got it just over years of puberty. LOL
February 14, 2015
Catherine Hicks is in this movie, and she is a talented actress adept at both comedy and drama. She's made MANY bad movies, unfortunately, but her talents shine through in all of them. Unfortunately, that grunting, mugging talentless half-man/half-gorilla that we call Tony Danza stars in this thing. All the Catherine Hickses in the world can't mask what a gaping black hole this man is, was and always will be. He takes an already obnoxious movie and cranks it up to such high levels, your eardrums will bleed and your teeth will shatter. Don't watch this film unless you LOVE (I mean am hopelessly DEVOTED to) Catherine Hicks.
June 30, 2014
I watched this when I was 16, was a date movie . I just watched it again for the first time and was better than I remembered it being . A nice reminder of the 80's and the strange movies we watched .
½ August 14, 2013
First of all, this movie starts out too slow, and with awkward editing. But, later it catches up nicely and is enjoyable to watch. Shawn's character's interacting with Danza's is especially entertaining. This was really funny, but also a really heartwarming film. It's pretty good.
February 6, 2013
80s cheesy comedy with Tony Danza that I recently rented on video cos I hadn't seen it in absolutely ages. It's still a B grade movie, don't expect anything too fantastic from it. It's enjoyable and mindless and super 80s teen trash, love it! :)
December 2, 2012
i watched this movie when I was 13 and man it is a gut roll.
½ October 24, 2012
This was ridiculously cheesy & very 80's and although this should be seen as entertainment it's still pretty bad...acting was so soapy.

The premise of this film just seemed a little strange the father was a little too focused on his daughter's sexuality.

The concept of this film would work more if it was a little balanced and not sensationalized. It's a fun easy watching film but it's a pretty ordinary film in general.
October 10, 2012
one of my favorite old movies. did not realize Matthew perry was in it lol.
½ August 25, 2012
As Roger Ebert put it, this movie does not poses a thread of healthy insight into the process by which people mature; it sees adolescent girls as commodities to be protected from predatory males.
April 9, 2012
I don't care what serious film critics say (or indeed, said) about this film, it's awesome. Seriously, it's one of my all-time favourite films. I grew up with this film in my home, orginally on VHS and now as an adult I own it DVD. Not many people know this film, but, in my opinion they should. It's not a serious film, by any means, but serious doesn't always mean good. If you want a nice, thoroughly entertaining movie, then watch this. It's suitable for the whole family (especially by today's standards) and it's always a joy to watch.
April 7, 2012
Best movie of all time.
September 23, 2011
Another 80's teen comedy that deals with the usual cliches involving confrontations between teenage daughters and their fathers. The cast and a few funny jokes aimed at teenage life make this a fun film to watch. However, the entire movie as a whole is a one joke story that tends to drag in some spots. Mostly for fans of the cast and it's genre!!!!!!!
½ March 18, 2011
One of my fav when I was a teenager
½ December 25, 2010
Never did I want to say "Chill out, Doug." I was rooting for him cause his reactions were so funny and he meant well.
November 27, 2010
Cute movie, want to find it for purchase.
½ October 28, 2010
A poor comedy about an over-protective father and her teenage daughter.
September 17, 2010
c'est quoi ce vieux truc? Touche pas à ma fille?!!