She's So Lovely - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

She's So Lovely Reviews

½ July 6, 2017
Brilliantly acted, especially by Robin Wright, and filmed but behind this is absolute shallowness. What this movie tries to convey? That a modern woman can be and, moreover, should be so independent that her drunkness and whoreness must be evaluated as number 1 priority and no one should blame her, no one! Not even her three daughters. Sorry, girls. And year, that her jerk of a husband is a truly evil person here, no doubt.
½ April 1, 2016
Hilarious, quite touching, but also puzzling.
½ September 20, 2015
Terrible ! Can't believe I waisted my time!
February 16, 2015
An eccentric walk on the wild side with amazing performances by Sean Penn and Robin Wright (who was married to Penn when the film was made).
October 13, 2014
This bizarro comedy is flat-out hilarious. Sean Penn and John Travolta are awesome as the world's worst husbands. Robin Wright is fantastic as well. This is Cassavetes at their finest hours.
March 17, 2013
Offbeat is the best way to describe this film. Quirky is another way. I hope Nick Cassavettes makes more films like this in the future, maybe with a little less meandering. Great performances by the cast, this was when Travolta was regaining his status as a bankable actor and he steals the show in very limited screen time. John Cassavettes sure did know how to write an unusual story. It takes a while to get going, but once it does it's thoroughly entertaining. Some great dialogue especially by Travolta.
February 12, 2013
Full of John Cassavetes' sharp New Yorker jive and extravagantly lively characters. Sean Penn's performance should be ranked among his personal best, along with Milk and Dead Man Walking.
½ November 13, 2012
A lovely film (pun not intended). Every actor in this film brings their A-Game.
½ September 28, 2012
It's been said before but I'll say it again here..this movie likely suffers because the elder Cassavettes didn't have the chance to film it. Cassavettes had a knack for bringing out great humanity out of his actors. I don't think his son succeeds here.
July 23, 2012
A very good movie. Sad though.
½ June 9, 2012
Great acting but overall kind of depressing. You Shakespeare fans out there will be happy though- full of wordy dialogue that at first sounds good but that we quickly realize has no meaning, but that pseudo intellectuals will claim has meaning for generations to come! Shakespearean, indeed!
February 8, 2012
saw it in tv and i liked it
December 21, 2011
A quien le preste esta peli y nunca me la devolvio?
½ December 18, 2011
This movie isa very good drama and Sean Penn is brilliant as everytimes when he's in a drama.
September 16, 2011
A tragicomedy with a happy ending - of sorts. Every now & then the story begins to lag or you wonder whether they've gotten something wrong somewhere with the casting or the acting. But the moment you suddenly see the -- yr forward skip & you see the nice house & John Travolta sleeping next to her, you know you're in for a good ending. And the last half hour really performs, as opposed to the lacklustre oddball beginning.
½ August 25, 2011
July 3, 2011
Not bad. Penn and Wright Penn carry it through its weaker points.
½ June 20, 2011
one of the most horrible movies I have ever seen.
May 7, 2011
Saun Penn is terrific,John Travolta is electrifying in his cameo and a movie I enjoyed watching and laughing out loud after a long time ...Real nice movie
½ April 20, 2011
i love watching sean penn and he never fails to impress ... there has been some good acting here but few things didnt match up like art direction, sound, set and an overstressed plot