She's the Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

She's the Man Reviews

January 4, 2016
She's the Man: a middle of the road chick flick with an strange girl who cross dresses and a predicable plot. But hey, Channing Tatum.
November 14, 2015
This is a ridiculous movie but in a good way. It has a great supporting cast (David Cross, Channing Tatum, etc.) and Amanda Bynes gives an amaing performance. I never thought I'd like this movie but after seeing it - it's great.
October 30, 2015
Everyone loved this movie when it came out. It's still funny and different and has aged very well.
½ October 27, 2015
I never thought I'd watch this movie, then I got married.
I'm sure there are a lot of reviewers who could say such things. This is a cutesy Shakespeare wanna-be, loaded with mostly harmless themes, and clearly made for a teen audience. It loses everything in the translation.
August 21, 2015
I'm pretty sure when Shakespeare made "Twelfth Night," the play in which this movie is adapted form, he didn't ever think it would be made into a teenage high school drama/ chick flick/ rom-com. Bynes, Tatum and Cross deliver good enough performances, added on by a FEW good scenes and one liners that make this movie somewhat good. However, even tolerable performances can't camouflage this movies sloppy and recycled dialogue and the plot line of a girl disguising herself as a guy for one reason or another that's been done too many times. You could for a long time about all the things this movie did wrong, but I won't. Luckily, it is mildly entertaining, and as mentioned, the performances by the main cast were alright. Avoid this movie if you can...
July 24, 2015
Amanda Bynes feels like another one of those typical Hollywood stars who just can't figure out who their target audience is supposed to be! I hate her so much!
½ July 6, 2015
One of Amanda Byne's best. She truly is (was) a female comedian to behold.
½ June 19, 2015
In summary: not great; too obvious with its broad humor, stereotypes, and sentimentality; only very loosely based on Shakespeare's Twelfth Night; and missing almost all of the subversive sexuality and gender themes from the play.

Other than that, the movie is occasionally funny, and the lead actors are often charming.
June 14, 2015
Amanda Bynes is great!
She's The Man is also funny, has great performances from it's cast and is just fun!
June 2, 2015
She's the Man is one of the dumbest, most unrealistic movies, but I love it. Even though Amanda Bynes is beyond AWFUL at pretending to be a man, she's hilarious and charming. You fall in love with her instantly. As teen Shakespeare adaptations go, this one is my favorite. It's a spunky, dim-witted, sexy fun time.
May 28, 2015
is this like shaspers twelve night
½ May 15, 2015
Aww it was an adorable film.
Love these Shakespeare remakes taking place in highschool.
It was a bit cheesy but that it what made it fun too.Whatever happend to films like that?
"gotta turn on the sprinklers" bit made me lol ( the half a star is for that part alone)
Despite the humour there was a good serous point here too. Take from it what you will, view of women in sports, following your dreams, prejudice, liking cheese. All valid points.
May 14, 2015
Amanda Bynes was good in this film....too bad she went crazy.
May 6, 2015
a half-decent rom com that throws away almost all its potential to be memorable. Though a sober Amanda Bynes and youthful Channing Tatum are adorable at first; especially Bynes, she has the look and comedic touch of Ellen DeGeneres in most of the second act, its uninspired arc and underwhelming outcome leave audience in disappointment.
May 3, 2015
oh well, cheesy teen rom com. not hurting anyone. not very smart but sorta entertaining.
April 27, 2015
Completely absurd and not very funny. Although David Cross does bring something to the table.
April 3, 2015
girls can do all things that boys can do
March 28, 2015
Well, this was cute.
March 20, 2015
This a funny movie and a great movie
March 5, 2015
This is such a great movie, it's got comedy, romance...literally fun for the whole family and I think the storyline is fantastic!!