She's the One - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

She's the One Reviews

½ May 19, 2016
Leuk en ok, meer ook niet. Hou van de acteur Edward Burns... en Jennifer natuurlijk.
March 2, 2016
I really liked Jennifer Aniston in this!
January 18, 2016
a classic. some of the best quotable movie lines
½ November 4, 2015
It's taken me months to write this review just because after I saw the movie I just didn't know what to write about it. I didn't know what I thought of it. The movie didn't even stay with me long enough to turn off the movie and walk to my computer to log in here to write the review. I think that pretty much sums up what I thought about this movie.
½ June 29, 2015
I tried to watch this and absolutely couldn't get into it. Poor character development
May 2, 2015
Treads lightly on many issues but this romantic comedy works for the most part.
½ April 9, 2015
The movie is fun to watch, it defiantly has the whole 90's movies feel to it. First it is full of actors that were popular in the 90s/2000s. Its also just a vibe I get from the movie.
½ March 9, 2015
A little slow at times, but ultimately, "She's the One" is another funny, bare-bones romantic dramedy by Edward Burns, director of the low-budget drama "The Brothers McMullen." Check it out, especially for Jennifer Aniston in a funny-as-hell performance and Cameron Diaz who is believably bitchy.
½ February 6, 2015
Written and directed by Edward Burns, who had made his debut as writer and director the year before with The Brothers McMullen (1995), which had been made for $23,000, but picked up by Fox Searchlight, who would produce his next film, which would go into production before The Brothers McMullen opened. It's a charming little romantic comedy-drama which is at heart about family pains and love. It focuses on two Irish-American brothers, Mickey (Burns) and Francis Fitzpatrick (Mike McGlone), who both have different lifestyles. Mickey is a taxi-driver, and non-plussed that his ex-fiancee Heather (Cameron Diaz) has cheated on him, while Francis works on Wall Street, and is married to Renee (Jennifer Aniston), but he's having an affair behind her back. After Mickey meets Hope (Maxine Bahns), a passenger in his cab, he marries her impulsively, and Francis becomes angry as he wasn't asked to be best man at the wedding, but Mickey and Francis' father Frank (John Mahoney) is on hand to give advice and support with their hardships in relationships. It's hardly original, but it has a ramshackle charm about it, a feelgood charm. It was intended as a direct sequel to The Brothers McMullen, but Burns decided against it. Burns has confidence as a director, but it's a shame his career didn't take off like predicted at the time. However, this has a nice score by Tom Petty.
½ January 2, 2015
Saw this because Tom Petty did the soundtrack. The casting was good and the dialogue was pretty sharp. A so-so movie overall; nothing particularly moving.
½ November 3, 2014
Though the dialogue is usually sharp and funny (when not being blatantly redundant), the biggest problem of this comedy, besides the fact that it takes itself much more seriously than it should, is that all characters except the one played by Jennifer Aniston are so selfish and hateful.
October 8, 2014
The films of Edward Burns are very earnest, romantic, and they try to encapsulate the lives of New Yorkers in the mid-nineties. There's definitely a lot to love about this film, from its interwoven characters and their love lives, to the harsh realities of love being splattered onscreen, to the slightly detestable and yet likable Heather, played by the very talented Cameron Diaz. Most of the character development was spot on, and yet the dialogue was littered with clichés, which is the most uninspiring thing about this film. If it weren't for the great performances from Diaz, Aniston, and Mahoney I wouldn't be toting those aspects, because without them the dialogue falls flat. Maxine Bahns, who was Burns' real life girlfriend at the time, is particularly stiff and there's no chemistry between her and Burns onscreen. By the end of the film little has been resolved and we're left with characters who aren't as complex as we had previously hoped.
May 3, 2014
Ed Burns' movies are always cool!
½ December 16, 2013
Burns' best film is one of the under appreciated gems of the 90's, with brilliant dialogue and plenty pf laughs all the way through.
½ November 11, 2013
She's the One, le deuxième film d'Edward Burns, est une comédie romantique un peu plus originale que la moyenne dans la mesure où les héros du film ne sont pas le couple qui se forme mais plutôt deux frères dans leur recherche de l'amour. Edward Burns est un bon réalisateur, tout aussi bon acteur et il a su s'entourer d'un cast talentueux, avec de très bonnes performances de John Mahoney, Mike McGlone et Jennifer Aniston.
October 27, 2013
Um filme que reune várias estrelas no início das suas carreiras, com alguns personagens com traços interessantes :)
September 9, 2013
Edward Burns' stylish comedy is a cleverly written exercise in which cavemen and domineering women battle it out in the search of love. Delightfully performed across the board, though needless to say, Mike McGlone steals the show in this blend of fun, sentimentality and romance.
August 7, 2013
The movie was "okay"
June 20, 2013
Not as bad as I originally feared and even managed to amuse on occasion. Still, it won't be up for a repeat viewing anytime soon.
½ May 30, 2013
i watched this movie b/c of Jennifer Aniston. i thought it would be a fun n romantic movie. but no!