Shin seiki Evangelion Gekijô-ban: Shito shinsei (Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & Rebirth) Reviews

• Dec 27, 2015

Basically a retelling of the series.

Basically a retelling of the series.

• Jul 21, 2015

A staple watch for the fans.

A staple watch for the fans.

• May 28, 2015

A summary of the whole history of the series of the 90s, plus a completely new ending. Great movie.

• Jan 03, 2015

Finally tackled the ending films of the Evangelion stuff so that I could get them back to a friend who'd loaned them to me. Since this sorta shorthands the series I kinda wish I'd watched in closer proximity to my viewing of the original series, but it's still very watchable. Recommended.

• Jun 30, 2014

Mostly a recap of the TV series, but the new scenes are what make this worth watching. They're simply fantastic, and they answered some questions I had with the TV series. If you're planning on watching this and you haven't seen the TV series, I would recommend doing so. It would make it a lot less confusing and more enjoyable.

• Feb 19, 2014

Even though this is actually a "one hour recap episode of the series" that is based more around characters than the story itself along with a half-hour sneak peak at "End of Evangelion" put together, I did enjoy it as a Evangelion fan, but it would be a better recommendation to watch the show.

• Nov 23, 2013

Um, yeah. So maybe if it's going to be over 2 years since you watch an Anime series, you shouldn't start back up with *this* series. I forgot how confusing, disjointed, and donwright weird some of this stuff is. I'm getting too old for this. I think my brain is numb from all those transformers movies. It was hard to wrap my head around a *serious* giant robot movie....

• May 24, 2013

Not much than a resumé of the series episodes 1-24 with some new details, but the best part is the 30 minutes of new animation representing the series' new ending tha follows. Only to Evangelion fans however.

• Mar 26, 2013

Anything Neon Genesis Evangelion gets five stars from me. Powerful story and often times thought provoking on the ideas of life, love, and what makes us human.

• Dec 17, 2012

I agree with what James O'Ehley of the Sci-Fi Movie Page said: "Recommended for die-hard fans of the show, but newbies should rather check out the whole TV show DVD box set beforehand." It's excellent for those who have watched all of the original anime episodes 1 through 26, but it will seem a bit odd to those who are starting from scratch.