A Shine of Rainbows - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Shine of Rainbows Reviews

November 24, 2014
This is almost ridiculously syrupy sweet. Twee Ireland. check. Orphan boy. check. Spiritual undertones. check. Lifesaving baby seal. check. Lump in throat. check. (Don't judge me).
June 7, 2013
This is one of those movies that just captures your heart. Sweet Irish movie for the whole family. My 13 yr old loved it and so did I! This will become part of our permanent collection. This movie makes you believe that there is a little magic in every corner of your world and that Love can conquer all. Do not miss this film!!!!
February 28, 2013
A sweet (if sappy) little movie about an orphan boy who's adopted by a kind woman and her gruff hubby who live on a small island (decrepit castle included!) of the cost of Ireland. I just read Anne of Green Gables so I'm feeling open-minded to the cliched orphan theme at the moment.
January 4, 2013
There's a lot to like, but epic scenery wins all the awards. Beatiful Irish landscapes add to the movie quality. I love the storyline!
October 24, 2012
Breathtakingly beautiful Irish seacoast, wonderful actors, and a magical and poignant story make a gentle, chroming, excellent movie.
½ October 22, 2012
Beautiful. Magical. Scenic. Heartwarming. Charming. Tearjerker. All my favorite qualities wrapped up in one nice little Irish film. I am a sucker for movies that revolve around children, and this one was no exception..Loved it!!
October 13, 2012
lots of tissues needed
September 30, 2012
Heartbreakingly good.
September 18, 2012
What a beautiful and heart rendering find! Absolutely watch this one.
August 30, 2012
I find it concerning that the box quoted a not-so-positive review... but this was a TMP and Heartland Film Festival winner.
May 6, 2012
Tissues at the ready :'( great story of an orphan adopted by an Irish couple who take him into their beautiful home....seals,fishing,countryside n a great story :)
April 6, 2012
Nice story for families
March 28, 2012
On a movie watching spree..it gets u addicted!! :P

A very sweet movie with a *happy n feel good factor *.....loved it!!..(suits my current mood :)).! lovely
March 22, 2012
A very moving Canadian & Irish production about a young orphan who comes to live with a childless couple on a remote Irish island in the early 1960's. Adapted from a beloved children's book, the film is a touching tale of a sensitive boy with a stutter who finds a home and his place in the world.
½ March 5, 2012
I just loved this movie, may be a little biased because its Irish, but loved the story and the little boy.
February 10, 2012
a story about an orphan
January 26, 2012
Sensitive, but for the most part uplifting story of an adopted orphan, filmed in a much more reflective character based style than you would expect.
½ December 31, 2011
Cute, though rather cliche and predictable.
½ November 13, 2011
Very moving and upbeat story
October 29, 2011
This is a really sweet film about an orphaned boy, played by John Bell. I like to find relatively unknown films, such as this, especially when they turn out to be something quite special.