Short Circuit 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Short Circuit 2 Reviews

December 6, 2014
Not perfect or anything great, but I did very much enjoy it.
½ October 11, 2014
Johnny 5 is a a cross between E.T and Michael Jackson he thinks hes a real person just like Michael,he gets up to some lighthearted shenanigans with his indian pal,then danger threatens and before you can say "I need a hero..." Johnny 5 saves the day
September 1, 2014
I found Short Circuit 2 to be better than the first part: it was funnier, the robot "Johnny 5" is more involved in almost every scene. And it's also cool to see how he even plays the hero part at the end of the movie even though he was about to expire. I really enjoyed this movie...I completely disagree with all the harsh critics, check it out!
August 31, 2014
Bad acting, surprisingly good score and predictable 80s plot. Still awesome regardless.
August 24, 2014
Casually rascist and highly unfunny, and when the story kicks in it's too little too late - oh Nostalgia, sometimes you're a cruel mistress!
½ August 23, 2014
The sequel doesn't have the 'umph' of the first movie, but it's still entertaining and worth watching. Michael McKean and Fisher Stevens are always a pleasure to watch.
½ August 5, 2014
This sequel is not nearly as bad as I went in expecting. Johnny 5 is still cool and this time he is getting input in the big city. Gone is Guttenberg and Sheedy (though she does have a brief line of recorded dialogue). Returning is Fisher Stevens, whose Ben comes off less irritating and slightly racist caricature this time around, maybe because he isn't as one note and just mixing up English phrases and talking about women in a creepy way. Also joining is Michael McKean, who I always like. The film's plot begins with Ben and McKean trying to sell robot toys to a big toy company, and having Johnny 5 come in from Montana to help assemble them, but he gets into trouble with big city life. The plot feels kind of bloated with the whole bank robbing storyline, but it is still a mostly fun flick...not perfect, but a fun movie if you liked the first. I wouldn't give this the same level of quality as the previous film, but it isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
July 26, 2014
Entertaining as the first go around, Fisher Stevens takes up Guttenberg's slack effectively in the sequel and Johnny 5 is as humorous as he was the last time he was on film.
July 11, 2014
Even worse than the original.
TheDudeLebowski65
July 2, 2014
Sequel to Shirt Circuit is a good attempt at following up the original film, but honestly, I felt that it could have been better as well. The original film was terrific at had charm throughout with a good cast of good actors. Here, we get a bit of the same, but it feels watered down slightly, forced in order to make it appealing, almost as if they tried to outdo what the original did. I'm not saying that this sequel is bad, far from it, as it does have its moments, but it does leave a bit to be desired in the long run. I guess this one suffers the same fate as all sequels do. They try to replicate the original, yet fail because the first outing was very good and its follow up lacked the flair that made the original so entertaining. Here we have a mildly good film, but throughout the film we always get a sense that it tries to outdo the first, but it loses its steam halfway and it just becomes an average movie. Short Circuit 2 is good, but it's not great either. I've seen better sequels than this, and this one just doesn't possess anything truly engaging. If you're looking for a truly entertaining sequel, you won't find it here, I mean it does have its moments, but it also could have been much better as well. Short Circuit 2 in the end feels rushed in its conception, and the result ends up being a so-so film that is good, but you are simple left wanting more out of this film.
June 24, 2014
One of my favorites. Fisher Stevens' performance is endearing, and Johnny 5 is one of the best on-screen robots I've seen (that isn't trying to kill humans). For a fun 80s movie, I'd recommend it!
½ June 5, 2014
Short Circuit 2 was a step down from the first because the story just wasn't that strong... That aside; Johnny Five is still a great character to watch (much like Ben) and there is some fun to be had! However I do find it odd that the general public is unaware of the preceding events from the first film (I'd imagine it made the media) because Number Five roaming the streets doesn't cause any alarm with the public and considering he was supposed to be a trained military killing machine...Ah, it just didn't seem like strong continuation!
April 3, 2014
Awesome as the first!!!
March 16, 2014
The ending with the chase and the citizenship is among my all time favorite scenes of all movies I've watched. It's very well done.
½ February 16, 2014
The chrome-breasted input-eater.
January 19, 2014
An incredibly odd film that first appears to be a weaker version of the original, but then hits the audience with an incredibly dark and sad third act. Could honestly traumatise younger audiences. Otherwise unremarkable, but notable for one of the most misplaced, depressing sequences in family cinema.
November 24, 2013
One of the few sequels ever to stand toe-to-toe with the original.
June 22, 2013
Johnny 5 is back and headed for the big city in Short Circuit 2. When former Nova robotics technician Ben Jahveri needs help getting his new electronics company off the ground, his old robot friend Johnny 5 comes to help and cannot wait to explore the city. The plot's really dumb and gets pretty ridiculous. The acting is also quite poor, as the actors really ham it up. But some of the comedy works, and the cheesiness can be a bit of fun. While it has none of the heart or cleverness of the original, Short Circuit 2 is an amusing mess of a film that has some laughs.
June 9, 2013
Very good family movie and a very good sequel to the first. Definite must see if you've seen the first.
May 8, 2013
good sequel or in my opinion not the best but i thought it was really good