Shot in the Dark - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shot in the Dark Reviews

February 24, 2013
It's like Paper Heart, but depressing.
½ August 2, 2011
I got to look at Adrian Grenier for an hour and a half so it was GREAT!
January 27, 2010
It's like Paper Heart, but depressing.
January 5, 2010
i can appreciate how personal this movie was to make. well done and pretty interesting to watch.
May 19, 2009
This is not the SHOT IN THE DARK I meant. I meant the Peter Sellers one!
November 24, 2008
Adrian Greniers impressive directorial debut before Entourage began is pretty damn good. The story is incredible and the ending definitely makes it worth a watch.
½ August 30, 2008
Really...boring? And not well done, if you ask me. It was okay at best.
July 25, 2008
seams to be goodddddddd
June 7, 2008
One of my favorite actors takes a very personal journey.
½ February 24, 2008
Very touching and totally accurate story about finding a father who abandoned you. Anyone who has experienced this knows just how awkward and fucked it can be while simultaneously filling parent and child with a new sense of completion. Maybe not the most well done, but everyone who has shared Adrians experience will really appreciate this documentary.

IT really touched me personally.
½ December 30, 2007
A candid and often uncomfortable look at a deeply personal experience. This doc says most when no one is saying anything at all. Impressive.
December 11, 2007
Adrian is candid, honest and vunerable in this filmed quest to find his father. He takes us through his mothers dark secrets as a flowerchild of the 60's and the many men she slept with. Narrowing down his choices, he struggles to reconnect with a guy that he has only known as "John" after 18 years.
November 10, 2007
very clever and touching, and fun to see a pre vince chase adrian grenier
½ August 28, 2007
I read the synopsis on TV and couldn't believe someone had the guts and motive to make this film. Being in a similar situation, Adrian's journey was kind of like a journey for me too.
July 4, 2007
A beautiful, personal film that touched me in a very deep way. The search for an absent father is something I can relate to, much to my great sadness.
½ July 1, 2007
the emotion, the subtlety, the awkwardness... great, has much more grip than most hollywood movies that attempt those things
½ June 27, 2007
I found this documentary interesting. Took a good amount of courage on Grenier's part to make this film.
½ June 24, 2007
This was a pretty good documentary. The end was pretty wierd with the two scenes but other than that I enjoyed it. You can see a man using film as a form of therapy..very interesting
June 23, 2007
This documentary is a human being.

I can't remember the last time a movie held my attention both mentally and emotionally with the kind of grip this one posesses.