Shut Up and Shoot Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shut Up and Shoot Me Reviews

August 5, 2011
This is a low-key gem. Beautifully acted in a naturalistic style, the story unfolds before your eyes in a believable and yet absurdist train of events. This is a Czech-British film, mostly in spoken English, but the odd sections in Czech are entirely understandable to a non-Czech speaking audience. An absolutely lovely dark dark black comedy, exquisitely put together with huge attention to every detail. All the acting is spot on -- I'm surprised this isn't more well-known, I only encountered it by chance.
May 11, 2011
If you like your humor a bit on the Brit/Eastern European side, and don't mind dark elements (casual stance on murder/death), I think you'll enjoy this Czech film. (I do not mean that in the Polish sense, "Czeski Film", btw...). It was fun to watch Karel Roden play a milquetoast, cuckold husband....I think most Americans will recognize him as a perennial Eastern European bad guy in action thrillers.
½ October 22, 2010
a macabre comedy, showing how difficult it can be to kill someone specific while leaving others dead left and right.
October 14, 2010
Hahaha. This was pretty great. I just love those little comedies that make me chuckle throughout...and every so often very much out loud. I expected this to be a Polish film, with all subtitles, but it was mostly all in English. Doesnt matter, but I just found it interesting that it was labeled from Poland. This is definitely an example of one of those great finds that I am always in search of.
May 3, 2010
This is a decent black comedy and it had some big laughs in it. I literally laughed out loud quite a few times. Literally, not just LOL. So I recommend it, but it's a little too understated for it's own good. Maybe it's the low budget, but I felt it could have used a quicker pace and a less oppressive tone. I liked it but maybe less Bergman, more Farrelly Brothers.
February 12, 2010
Interesting idea, godawful execution. Way too long and boring, would have made for an entertaining short, but as it was I watched for 15 minutes and turned it off. It was way too goofy and Andy Nyman is a limp stick of lard, not an actor.
½ January 18, 2010
This has an interesting take on love & death. Although I only laughed out loud a couple of times, the movie kept me amused and a couple of unexpected plot turns kept me interested in the story.
½ October 10, 2009
A funny and entertaining little movie that will likely be forgotten the next day. Adds nothing new to the genre. Something decent to watch if you aren't paying full price.
½ June 14, 2009
excellent indie black comedy...
May 22, 2009
Best movie ever!! Is it cold outside?
½ February 21, 2009
A fun movie, full of dark humor. If you like Fargo and Death at a Funeral then you should enjoy this movie
February 4, 2009
really good film, very funny and mostly in english! Brilliant film.
January 17, 2009
Bullshit... nice music though!
½ December 9, 2008
Tentative yet entertaining proof that Euro-made, English-lingo genre pics, when decently written and astutely cast, can work.
½ October 31, 2008
This was the best 'local' film of Karlovy Vary 2007. Mostly because it was made by a Brit. Steen Agro wrote and directed this little number after spending a few months in Prague. The dog in this movie gives it that extra half a star. Some nice shots of Zizkov in this movie also.
October 27, 2008
There's no bio for director Steen Agro (real name?) but this tight little black comedy seems like the work of a seasoned helmsman. Although the dialogue is nothing special, the cast ( especially gloomy-countenanced Karel Roden and his feisty shopaholic wife played by Anna Geislerova) add pathos and humour to the script and the finale is nothing less than inspired.
October 25, 2008
Amusing dark comedy, likable performances and some good writing. It doesn't always work, but it does work often enough to be entertaining. Fine score.
½ May 27, 2008
Roden should be the Czech king...
May 7, 2008
quite good,czech humor and lonelyness,ironical funny id say,very good picts, at the beginning a bit boring, good characters
½ March 20, 2008
weak weak weak... I dont agree about czech humor in this movie. There are loads of movies more czech and more funny.