Shy People - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shy People Reviews

January 23, 2016
This is so bad, I have no clue how has such high ratings, think 1 dimensional characters, bad script, you name it it was bad.
January 31, 2015
Great red state/blue state drama; one of the best and most overlooked movies from the 1980's.
April 27, 2013
such s great movie..
February 13, 2012
Sadly this seems to have been forgotten by the general public and rarely gets talked about even when discussing the careers of the cast that includes Barbara Hershey, Jill Clayburgh and the wonderful Martha Plimpton. Excellent cinematography, strong acting and an intense atmosphere all make this an extremely underrated film from the 1980s that sadly hasn't made its way onto DVD yet.
March 22, 2009
Supurb acting and a unique story line make this one of the best films of the 1980's. Compelling, mysterious, and engrossing. I was hooked from beginning to end. The final scene between Clayburgh and Plimpton is heartbreaking and brilliant!
October 9, 2008
SHY PEOPLE......Not sure why but this movie is just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooAddictive......like seen soooooooooo many but this one is just life and love and sadness all in one!!
July 23, 2008
I'm torn on this one. Some good performances and cool location shooting, but the exaggerated version of the south here makes me kind of uncomfortable. I mean, this is hardly "Deliverance," but at points it goes over the top and veers towards caricature.
November 29, 2007
I happily stumbled across this movie while playing sick from school one day. I've always loved anything with Martha Plimpton in it. Surprisingly, a really good watch. This movie takes you to a different world that most of us would never know, and to matters of the heart and family. I really enjoyed it.
August 5, 2007
Martha Plimpton(one of my favourite actresses) performance is an all time great.
June 7, 2007
Perhaps the best movie I have ever seen. Barbara Hershey gives a virtuoso performance as the passionate and surprisingly wise back-woods hillbilly mother. The cast is fantastic: Jill Clayburgh, Martha Plimpton, and the ever prolific but underappreciated Pruitt Taylor Vince. This is what independent film should be.
½ June 1, 2007
Never seen it... But I am the first review! Woo!`
jjnxn
April 7, 2007
barbara hersey is far better then the movie
½ December 23, 2003
Wonderfully uncomfortable. Barbara Hershey is great in this.