Side Effects - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Side Effects Reviews

September 17, 2014
awful movie, very bad quality, bad acting, had to stop after 15 minutes
August 15, 2013
coming soon to my movie collection...
May 21, 2012
Another boring movie!
March 5, 2012
plzzz what is the song of the 32 minute heeeelp !
October 21, 2011
Bobinho mas vale por ela. E a história de amor é bonitinha!
January 29, 2011
Simply a really bad movie... outside of Katherine Heigl, the acting was crap, the music was crap, I mean it was all not only crap but PAINFULLY crap... had to stop watching half-way through because it hurt so much.
½ January 18, 2011
A scathing demonstration of the creeping corruption a fat payday inspired. How an honest, well meaning person can become a liar for cash, and how truth can be just as deceptive when not the whole truth. Really, this movie is 60% fresh, but Heigl, in her prime, in bra and panties, jumping on her bed for ten minutes of the movie, is, for anyone who enjoys a healthy female form, delightful.
November 27, 2010
the movie puts in perspective the pharmaceutical business which is cool, and Katherine Heigl is so hot it should be illegal
November 27, 2010
November 22, 2010
Os meus queridos delegados de propaganda m (C)dica que me perdoem...
½ November 13, 2010
A very interesting look inside the pharmaceutical industry, but what keeps this chick flick from hitting it's mark are the bad, sometimes strange acting and the gross directing from Kathleen Slattery-Moschkau. Good for women i guess and some men might find it somewhat interesting but it's nothing memorable or worth watching a second time, probably good for a date night at best.
June 25, 2010
This movie was very cute. Heigl as a sell out pharmaceutical seller is great fun to watch. I love her romance with her ex-coworker - they are the cutest couple in a low budget movie. I love chick flicks with happy endings and any movie that ends by sticking it to the man, This movie has both and kept me entertained the whole time.
March 31, 2010
the issue is pretty serious, but it didn't really bring it out.
½ February 17, 2010
An extremely low-budget film that borders on documentary at times, and overly preaches often.
½ January 28, 2010
A train wreck with a budget smaller than what's left of my student bank account. I lasted all of fifteen minutes.
October 17, 2009
This was better then what I expected. However, taking something really serious and making it into a fun comedy isn't the best idea. This was really disjointed and not very well executed also a poorly constructed script, random plot points thrown in throughout the film, horrible direction, barely existent editing and a lack sound mixing didn't help either. However, Katherine Heigl was somewhat watchable.
September 13, 2009
it was slow. filmed as if it was a derreck kind of show. though the subject was important i didn't get into it... Katherine is great as usual though
June 15, 2009
At the end of this movie, there is a little sentence about how the much money is spent on prescription drug ads, followed by "This film cost $190 Thousand." Let me just say you can tell. It felt awkward watching this because the movie lacked a solid soundtrack. At times it almost felt like watching a home movie. And I didn't feel like the plot moved at an acceptable speed. Katherine Heigl was lovely as always, but that was the highlight for me.
June 2, 2009
I'm hoping that Heigl did this before Grey's Anatomy, or at least before it was really popular. The editing was really bad for this movie, lots of audio problems and some really bad continuity. The pacing is really slow for the begining of the movie and it takes more than half way through for it to get to the point. After the end titles you begin to think that it's a glorified propoganda movie for the drug companies complete with web site.
May 11, 2009
I'm hoping that Heigl did this before Grey's Anatomy, or at least before it was really popular. The editing was really bad for this movie, lots of audio problems and some really bad continuity. The pacing is really slow for the begining of the movie and it takes more than half way through for it to improve much, but still has problems. It seems to be more of a propoganda, wanna be documentary seeing as it even had information on the web site and a documentary about the subject, not to mention the fact that in part of the movie they are actually going around pretending they are a documentary and asking how doctors feel about the subject. I really actually think that Bug Busters is better than this movie if you wanted to watch some Heigl movie.