Critics Consensus: Side Effects is Certified Fresh
Plus, Identity Thief is criminally short on laughs.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- The Taviani brothers' Caesar Must Die, a documentary about a group of prison inmates staging a production of Julius Caesar, is at 90 percent.
- Raul Ruiz' Night Across the Street, a drama about an elderly man both reflecting on his life and delving into his imagination, is at 89 percent.
- Lore, a drama about a group of German children who undertake a perilous escape after their Nazi-affiliated parents are arrested by Allied troops, is at 85 percent.
- Ferlinghetti: A Rebirth of Wonder, a doc about the legendary beat poet, is at 50 percent.
- The Playroom, starring John Hawkes and Molly Parker in a drama about a group of siblings who seem to exist in a separate world from their hard-partying parents, is at 50 percent.
- A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III, starring Charlie Sheen and Bill Murray in a comedy about a man whose fantasies spiral out of control after his girlfriend leaves him, is at 18 percent.
- The Sorcerer and the White Snake, starring Jet Li as a sorcerer who attempts to save a man who has fallen in love with a snake disguised as a woman, is at 18 percent.