Sightings: Heartland Ghost Reviews

• Jul 07, 2013

Watch if you're bored. If you keep your expectations low, this movie is suddenly better. Not very memorable but has a few good moments.

• May 16, 2013

Silly movie, waste of time (Chiller Channel)

Silly movie, waste of time (Chiller Channel)

• Oct 18, 2010

The 'usual' ghost story. It's alright, and supposedly based ona true story which would give it more meaning if it's true

• Sep 04, 2009

Why bother? Why do *I* bother watching these straight to video (or SyFy channel) movies? Always an optimist I guess. Scariest thing about this film is if I put myself in Beau Bridges shoes I know my carrier is in the toilet.

• May 08, 2009

[img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/41/221741.jpg[/img] [font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Derek and Lou are television journalists who research supposed haunting. In most instances they are able to prove that the haunting is a hoax. When a couple purchases a fixer-upper home to begin a new family, two ghosts within the house quickly ruin the family’s dreams. The family contacts Derek and Lou to prove they indeed have a ghost. Derek and Lou come to the house; however, they are skeptical of the family’s claim. [/color][/size][/font] [font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font] [font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]“What language is that?”[/color][/size][/font] [font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]“Gibberish.”[/color][/size][/font] [font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font] [size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Brian Trenchard-Smith, director of Leprechaun 3 & 4, Sahara, Long Lost Son, Tides of War, Doomsday Rock, Day of the Assassin, and Stunt Rock, delivers Sightings: Heartland Ghosts. The storyline for this picture is a bit uneven. The presentation of the ghosts is awkward and not very scary while the depiction of the town history is fascinating and entertaining. The acting is better than average and the cast includes Nia Long, Beau Bridges, and Miguel Ferrer. [/font][/color][/size] [size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri][/font][/color][/size][font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font] [font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]“Sometimes you can believe before you can see.”[/color][/size][/font] [font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font] [font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Sightings: Heartland Ghosts is currently airing on the Chiller channel (channel 257 on DirecTv). The last third of this film is very entertaining. I would say that starting at the cemetery sequence through the end of the film is solid. The depiction of the town’s history was well presented as well. However, the beginning of the film, including a floating stuffed duck and a circle of stuffed bears, was a bit cheesy. Overall, this is a film worth watching if you catch it while flicking through the channels, but this is not worth going out of your way to see. [/color][/size][/font] [font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font] [font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]“I sense unfinished business.”[/color][/size][/font] [font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font] [font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Grade: C[/color][/size][/font]

• Mar 22, 2009

Plot interesting...cast great...execution...Disastrous!

Plot interesting...cast great...execution...Disastrous!

• Feb 14, 2009

Nah. They had the plot and the actors but they didn't take it to the other level (no pun intended). Like a "Most haunted" episode. With the special effects possibilites they have today it could have been so much better.

• Dec 08, 2008

not scary, but not half bad either.

not scary, but not half bad either.

• Sep 08, 2008

Typical television crap due to horrible and flat direction. It's to bad that they didn't retain the spirit of the original series.