This wasn't THAT bad

Yes, it wasn't as good nor as creepy as the first one, but it was true to the games in some ways and had some good scenes. Plus, I liked Adelaide Clemens as Heather Mason.
John Tyler
04-13-2013 05:53 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Noah Shepard

Noah Shepard

Way better than the Resident Evil movies...

Sep 25 - 11:30 AM

Andy Gonzalez

Andy Gonzalez

i agree. these "hardcore" fans need to get over it. As a casual fan of horror movies i thought it rocked!!

Jun 30 - 07:36 PM

Nick Lafleur

Nick Lafleur

... do you really feel this was true to the games? really? freaking REALLY? This movie was even worse than the first. Neither of which stayed true to the games AT ALL. I am all for artistic license, but there was nothing artistic about it. Just a shit story with no depth or symbolism whatsoever and a guy with a pyramid for a head going around killing people. By the way, NOT PYRAMID HEAD. Pyramid heads actual name is the red pyramid thing, but he is also known as pyramid head. In the game, his pyramid is so large and his body is so scrawny that it looks as though he'll topple over at any second. Its clear that he is suffering from the giant pyramid and he can barely lift his sword. His back is bent backward due to the weight of the pyramid and he only symbolically kills. He never kills an actual person. Ever. Also, his pyramid head is RED not black.
Now, that was just the aesthetics of his character. What they really screw up is his role in the story.
He is James sunderland. The protagonist of silent hill 2. H pyramid head is his inner torment personified. He is guilt. Not Jason vorhees. He is jot some cool looking Icon. He is disgusting. He was seen raoing a monster twice. That was about the coolest thing he does in the game. He is not a cool character. He is creepy. Not some musclehead with a pyramid for a head.

Jun 25 - 10:20 PM

David Dousharm

David Dousharm

Ya she fit the role and she is very attractive so kudos for eye candy. The thing is though i thought the film was mostly just eye candy. They really dropped the ball in terms of atmosphere and messing with peoples minds. I felt no real attachment but that's mostly due to the fact that in the games you get attached to the characters more. It just doesn't translate well, but i realy did enjoy the first one and i hope they make another one but closer to the first in terms of quality

Apr 25 - 09:45 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile