Silent Hill: Revelation Reviews

• Dec 21, 2019

Without Jodelle Ferland, this movie was a bomb. Props were a 10 out of 10. But I could not relate to the new Sharon. I'm glad that i saw this on Netflix and didn't pay $10 at the movies.

• Dec 16, 2019

Look, people get way too serious about stuff. This movie wasn't horrible. I enjoy seeing new perspectives on the universe. But maybe that's just me.

• Oct 16, 2019

why does the red pyramid rotate the handle of the carousel? i wish red pyramid to be an evil creature not a knight who save a princess. the desigh of dark Anessa is awful and the music doesn't match. this movie don't have the beauty the first one has. 一作目の美しさがない…。三角頭がなぜメリーゴーランド回しているのかが分からなかった。あと味方にならないで欲しい。

• Oct 09, 2019

Definitely nowhere near as good as the original.

Definitely nowhere near as good as the original.

• Sep 17, 2019

i honestly think that this movie is a massive improvement. the characteristics are way better and this time they actually explains what is going on in a cool and proper way, the effects are also way better than the first movie and it kind of connects to all the video games in different ways. i recommend watching if you are a Silent Hill fan.

• Jul 23, 2019

As far as video game movies go, and there's a storied history of video game adaptation failures to pull from, I'd say there's no reason to pan this for its lack of direct source material matching. The original game(s) had very little interaction with other humans, and in a game where there is a protagonist and noisy villains/creatures there's a lot of padded exposition that MUST be added in order to be engaging as a film. Visually it follows the art style of the games (imo), and as far as the story, it blends several themes from different installments of the video game franchise into one. This and its predecessor are one of my favorite films (if the list is minimum 25) as it brings to cinema a game series I fully enjoyed. It doesn't add any sort of scare to me as a viewer as the games did as a player but there isn't anything at risk (dying, restarting from previous save point) in watching a film. I challenge any fans who were at first bothered by these movies to watch again some time later, and see if they don't find some nostalgia even if it isn't a perfect rehash of the original works. You might find many movies you once hated are something to be appreciated over time (*cough* Last Jedi*)

• Jun 11, 2019

Yea ok this is a good movie, but not a good Silent Hill movie. As someone who is a Silent Hill FANATIC, I truly think that slapping Silent Hill onto this is incredibly insulting to the already suffering Silent Hill franchise. Please, let Pyramid Head take a nap.

• Mar 08, 2019

1/5. This movie has a few creepy images and fun, but brief, performance from Malcom McDowell, but the CGI and the American accents are simply awful and the story is incredibly boring.

• Dec 31, 2018

This second Installment to " Silent Hill " was not that good, and I was disappointed because I loved the first one a lot. The acting is pretty poor, and the screenplay isn't much better. The only thing good about this film were the special effects and the 3d does make for some interesting moments. I really wanted to like this movie, but even as a fan of the material I found myself unable to appreciate it. So for this not being a successful second installment, and not delivering what the first did, I give " Silent Hill : Revelation " D-.

• Dec 13, 2018