Silent Night Reviews

• Dec 25, 2019

Para pasar el rato y no ver de nuevo la misma película, no está mal. Pero no aporta nada nuevo y tampoco supera a la versión original a pesar de ser más ambiciosa argumentalmente.

• Nov 30, 2019

I hated the fake polished look, the atrocious dialogue, the awful acting, and the cliche story. Sure it was good for a couple laughs and blood-fest, but mostly it was boring.

• Feb 13, 2019

This horror remake of the shitty 80's slasher is better & more entertaining than the original in almost every way possible.

• Dec 11, 2018

Fun remake of a okay Christmas film.

Fun remake of a okay Christmas film.

• Jun 29, 2017

good twist on a old 80s slasher, silent night 2012 came out around a whole lot of other slasher remakes, but for some reason this one sticks out, most of the time i hate when they change the concept of the movie and remakes do that sometimes, but this one i can stand, its spooky and totally scary, a really good remake.

• Dec 26, 2016

A Midwest town who's Christmas tradition includes having hundreds of Santas around during December has a crimewave perpetrated by a Santa. A kind of re-make of "Silent Night, Deadly Night," but nowhere near as good with neither the humour nor the frights (though there was a "Garbage day" reference!). The chick cop is probably the worst cop of all time. Malcolm McDowell (Caligula) stars as the sheriff and Cortney Palm (Zombeavers) looks especially good in her scene.

• Dann M Super Reviewer
    Dec 26, 2016

Santa Claus brings the pain in the low-budget horror film Silent Night. In a small Midwestern town a Santa Claus killer is on the loose, brutally murdering the naughty. Starring Jaime King, Malcolm McDowell, and Donal Logue, the cast is actually pretty decent; though their performances are awful. And the plot is all over the place, never really explaining why the killer kills who he does or what he's after; it's all random. Additionally, the gore is incredible gratuitous and comically bad. Formulaic tripe, Silent Night is a poorly made slasher film.

• Dec 13, 2016

It's not a great movie, but for what it is (gory, goofy slasher remake), it's actually not bad. The actors are all solid, but if you're expecting a complete remake of the 1984 cult classic, Silent Night, Deadly Night, you've just been fooled. It only makes references to the original, only in a few scenes, and if they hadn't done that, and dropped the title of "Silent Night", it would be hard to guess that this flick was a loose remake. Well, if you like seeing a killer Santa chasing nude girls with an axe, then this is the movie for you!!

• Sep 11, 2016

Silent Night is pure trash, but was enjoyable enough to kept me entertained. Well to be fair, when I watched this I was a bit drunk, so I guess that made the experience quite something on a Friday night. The acting from everyone was so horrible and not that convincing. The line delivery was so wooden and very one noted. But I guess critiquing the acting is quite foolish thing since no one is watching this expecting an Oscar worthy performance, and neither did I but at least try. While watching the movie, it was very clear straight away that every character in this movie is either a pervert, a retard or just an ass-hole. All those people are just there to die and is a reason to get us rooting for the killer when he finally shuts them up. You know, basic horror. Malcolm McDowell use to be a respectful actor in his youth, but now at an age where he just accepts every role that's given to him. He's been in so many bad movies that it has gotten numb at this point and in this he's no different. It's quite depressing seeing him in this, as it makes us all forget that he can give an knock out performance. He's basically playing Dr. Samuel Loomis from "Halloween 2" but more sexist and idiotic. The only positive thing that I can say about this is that it sets up the theme of Christmas perfectly, but then again every movie that involves Christmas time gets the tone of Christmas perfectly to a tee. Overall rating: Silent Night is another lame remake that ticks all the cliches that's to be expected. I mean, you got blood, boobs, and a killer Santa Claus, but you got to be a great film maker to make that into a good movie.

• Jul 22, 2016

A good cast, awesome death scenes, lots of gore and plenty of nudity make for a fun holiday slasher.