Silver Linings Playbook - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Silver Linings Playbook Reviews

October 6, 2016
Romantic, touching, funny, and extremely relatable. Silver Linings Playbook is a very personal story that hits every level of emotion while still remaining light.
September 28, 2016
I have been severely bipolar all my life and could relate to this movie in some ways. The parents in this movie seemed very real in their concern and feelings of helplessness for their struggling son. The problem with this movie is that there is no "fix" for being bipolar. Getting the girl you love and taking meds will not make everything fantastic for the rest of your life like it shows at the end of the movie. With real bipolar disorder, you have to continue to see a psychiatrist regularly, your meds have to be adjusted throughout your life because they lose potency after a while and you definitely still have some bipolar symptoms (although with a lot less frequency and severity). Bipolar has become the new designer illness, and I think this movie is misleading people by making bipolar something that will just "go away" with the right set of circumstances. I guess they will make a romantic comedy about anything nowadays. Maybe next time it will be a romantic comedy about a retarded guy and autistic girl...
September 23, 2016
I've heard so many raving reviews about Silver Linings Playbook and really wanted to like it...but I couldn't.
This movie is predictable, plain and simple. You know what is going to happen next because it follows an A-B-C outline. There are no surprises, and you feel no emotion as a viewer.
That being said, acting was great (obviously) and the movie did a great job representing mental illnesses.
But I wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone and I would never watch it again.
September 23, 2016
They crazy but they nice.
September 5, 2016
Great turns from Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro, but it's Jennifer Lawrence who carries the movie
September 3, 2016
I didn't expect to enjoy a movie in this genre, but I did!
August 31, 2016
No that great of a movie, but Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence give a great performance
JohnSilver
August 29, 2016
Un peu long, mais au final, ça en vaut la peine!!!
August 26, 2016
Bradley Cooper, Robert DeNiro, Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Tucker are brilliant!
August 19, 2016
No matter the problems we face and the tribulations that haunt our daily lives, there is always a silver lining. There is always the opportunity for you to become a healthier and better you. That is what Silver Linings Playbook teaches us.
August 19, 2016
Great conflict, acting, and direction. I was on the edge of my seat.
August 15, 2016
Brilliant cast! Brilliant story!
August 5, 2016
Excellent modern dysfunctional love story with a cast that really delivers. I laughed, I cried, and it has a high replay value.
½ August 5, 2016
Took a bland, overdone storyline and turned it into something wonderful.
½ August 2, 2016
With both lead performances worthy of Oscars - and Lawrence receiving one for her extraordinary efforts - Silver Lining is really just work of pure genius to the majority of an audience, however a few may get slightly outsmarted by the works of it all. Still nonetheless an excellent movie by any means.
Verdict: A-
July 31, 2016
Very funny and entertaining. Love Cooper in this.
July 11, 2016
Excellent movie. The story is great and so is the acting. There is no better actress that could play the part of Tiffany better than Jennifer Lawrence.
½ July 9, 2016
Great performances but ultimately disappointing. A few engaging moments but not enough to carry me to the end. Gave up at half way.
July 8, 2016
David O Russell directs a great thematic film with a great cast ensemble. A+.
June 20, 2016
a healthy pill to your mental life. this movie is so good that it makes me even remember Tiffany's line. she wasamazing, and so is Pat. I truly feel their character and feelings. that reflects how good they are