Simon Birch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Simon Birch Reviews

½ December 5, 2016
It has been like 18 years since I've seen this movie! Looking back, I don't think that I'd like to watch it again because of the sexual references which our young protagonist gives. There is some heart, and a few funny moments, but nothing to shout home about.
August 4, 2016
Simon maybe a little person but he is a hero!
½ February 6, 2016
A wonderful coming-of-age film about a disfigured boy. Don't watch if you don't want to cry in front of your girlfriend.
½ November 1, 2015
Simon Birch guilts the audience into appreciating this unrealistic character such as Simon due to his cute appearance as well as the different situations he encounters. It's honestly hard for me to watch because of how unoriginal and corny this film is. F
September 23, 2015
Beautiful Film definitely made me feel so much emotions.
July 26, 2015
Beautiful story of friendship and one boy's unwavering faith.
June 4, 2015
This is one of those sentimental dramas that just tries too hard.
December 21, 2014
havent seen it in a long time but apsolutly love this movie!
October 7, 2014
Such an amazing inspirational story!!! This is one of the best movies I've seen in awhile. It goes to show that it doesn't matter how tall, muscular or just how big you are you can still do big things being small. :) I definitely recommend!
½ August 31, 2014
This is the best tearjerker dramedy I Have seen since "Lifted". Never knew
about it until today. Nice to see David Strathairn and Joseph Mazzello reunited after "The River Wild" in 1995. Jim Carrey cameo was a great surprise.
½ August 4, 2014
(First viewing - Late childhood)
July 5, 2014
The critics goofed again by giving this a 44%
Rating. Movie is sensitive with moral message.
June 17, 2014
Another inspirational movie indeed! Watched it for the first time on my Education 13 course :-)
May 1, 2014
Sappy and manipulative.
April 5, 2014
oh I like this movie alot
½ March 17, 2014
A funny and somewhat feel-good film.
January 26, 2014
For years my wife has been mentioning this movie, saying how it was good and sad and made her cry. I've been mildly curious since she has brought it up a few times over the years, and finally we got it from the library...was this a genuinely sad movie or just schmaltz? Oh it's schmaltz baby, to it's highest degree. Even my wife mentioned after we watched it that it didn't quite hold up to what she remembered when she was 10. Understandable. Essentially it is about a kid who is about 11 or 12, and is small. He's only like 3 ft tall. He is small and is ridiculed and inexplicably disliked by practically everyone in town. That includes his parents, who ignore him, the reverend at his church, his sunday school teacher, and most kids. His only friend is Joe, and the only adults who seems to like him is Joe's hot mom and her new boyfriend. Simon takes care of that situation by accidentally killing Joe's hot mom with a baseball. They then try to find Joe's real dad, which ends up being a twist I kind of saw coming. It all culminates in Simon helping to save a bunch of kids on a sinking bus, and dying in the end. It isn't really a spoiler that he dies because the movie begins at his tombstone. Dates and all. It is very sappy and kind of forces the tears upon you, rather than coming across naturally sad. People accuse Spielberg of being too sentimental or schmaltzy, but at least he has the decency to make it feel real and genuine.
December 17, 2013
This is the mother of all overly sympathetic and pitiful films! Story id alright and you honestly can't expect this to be remade again. One of a kind film, just it's soooooo annoying how it pushes for sappy moments.
November 1, 2013
Makes me cry every time I watch it.