Simon Killer Reviews

• Nov 18, 2020

Awful. Hate when the main actor is the most bland of the cast. The story was uninteresting. Besides the main character, the acting was good.

• Sep 20, 2020

Simon, what a wretched POS. You’ll hope he gets hit by a train. He doesn’t. The persistent camera slow pans are tedious at best. Blah.

• Aug 22, 2020

As an average movie goer who just wants to be entertained, this was a flop. I get that the acting and filming were good but the story is not good enough to base a movie on. A post college lost soul who takes advantage of anyone he can regardless of how it affects them, and then has no clue why they are pissed at him or want to kick his ass. Who cares? Fortunately I was doing something else while this was playing or I would have turned it off after 30 min.

• Aug 18, 2020

Good character study, even though you hate the character.

Good character study, even though you hate the character.

• Feb 25, 2017

It was intriguing for about 30 minutes, but as time slowly passed my FF trigger finger got very itchy. I refrained, hoping that it would ultimately be worth it. Alas, it wasn't.

• Dec 08, 2016

At times magnetic and mesmerising. Great performances all round. Honest scriptwriting. Alluring cinematography and editing. Powerful, sometimes disturbing soundtrack.

• Aug 28, 2016

"Simon Killer" is a character study that had the potential to be disturbing, but settled for eerie and a tad unconvincing, despite a great performance from Brady Corbet who plays the titular sociopath.

• Jan 01, 2016

Grade: B- A recent college graduate goes to Paris to forget his troubles following a breakup. Corbet is fantastic as the myopic and completely unlivable Simon who slowly seems to be unraveling as his manipulative behavior escalates throughout he film as he uses and controls and damages all the women around him. The real reason to watch this tough to watch full is the direction from Campos which is assured in tone and style with claustrophobic framin, over the back follow shots, and blaring electronic music that punctuate scenes. Easier to appreciate than to like.

• Oct 28, 2015

Filled to the brim with empty artiness pretentiousness with no substance... Stop... If you're going to make a "deep" arthouse film.... have some engagement with a story and characters. Don't dwindle and give us stuff anyone can film

• Sep 30, 2015