Simpatico - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Simpatico Reviews

March 14, 2015
I enjoyed the movie more than most because I'm from Lexington and can relate to the Thoroughbred industry. I can see how viewers without knowledge and familiarity of the region and traditions would get lost in the story line.
½ December 15, 2014
Really quite an interesting little story. With great actors. But too long drawn out. And a really bad ending, that leaves everything up in the air..and is not worth the wait. Give this one a miss.
½ November 12, 2014
December 30, 2013
My Favorite Thriller Film Is 1991's The Silence Of The Lambs.
½ May 12, 2011
Interesting, but too stilted to be very engaging and the quality cast can't save the inconsistent script.
May 5, 2011
Been awhile since I watched this, but seems I liked this movie better than most people I suppose. Keener and Finney outshine the bigger stars in secondary parts.
½ March 29, 2011
A brilliant cast so it's a pity the films not better.
½ May 25, 2009
Maybe it worked as a play. But there's just too much scene-chewing here, and too much portentiousness. Catherine Keener does an interesting turn as something of an ingenue. I think the point of the exercise was that we all live in the hell we create for ourselves.....except those who don't.
April 8, 2009
well just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch...its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie..i think that nick nolte, sharon stone, albert finney, catherine keener, jeff bridges, sam shepard, shawn hatosy play good parts throughout this movie..i think that the director of this Drama, Mystery & Suspense movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie its a good movie 2 watch as well with a good cast throughout
February 2, 2009
Simpatico sucked! maybe it's because i watched it after having a down right shitty ass day! but jesus! It was so boring and pointless! If i ever have to look at that stupid ass Sharon Stone ever again i'll probably puke! Bridges & Nolte were both really good, but their characters had no real depth or anything! There is some dumb secret that all of them share but it just ends up a bunch of stupid bullshit! honestly this movie did not hit a home-run at all in the suspense area! it was actually disappointing as a screenplay and a real dud of a movie =( oh well. Oh ya, and just for the record FUCK FUCKIN' SHARON STONE!!
½ January 5, 2009
Can't remember much of this, except that it wasn't any good.
August 31, 2008
A good cast is completely wasted in this mess of a movie. The story is confusing and boring, and the ending is complete rubbish. Avoid this movie at all costs. It's a waste of time!
August 28, 2008
Not a good movie - it suffers from the usual play-translated-to-film issues - but the performances are all good and it has horses and a Sam Shepard script.
May 4, 2008
Tungt drama. Sevärd.
April 30, 2008
I read the play and did a scene for it in my college acting class. I can't remember a great deal about the movie other than thinking Jeff Bridges should play the Nolte role and vice versa. Sam Shepard's play was much better too from what I recall.
February 17, 2008
An "essentially empty" and valueless look at how people can screw their lives up forever. Some moments of good pathos, but to no purpose
½ December 24, 2007
too loose and flat and slow and dull for my taste.. couldnt finish it
½ November 18, 2007
skal bra gjøres å lage en dårligere film... Gratulerer
November 5, 2007
Can't I give it half a star??? Probably the WORST film I've ever seen - demanded my money back at the rental store!