The Simpsons Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Simpsons Movie Reviews

February 14, 2019
You'll laugh till your knees hurt and you can't breath.
February 8, 2019
So funny and amazingly animated!!! Everyone should see this movie
February 5, 2019
Funny movie and pretty good.
February 4, 2019
Loved this movie. Classic Simpsons with its own movie. I watched this movies 10 times. The plot in this is amazing.
January 22, 2019
I've never been particularly invested in The Simpsons. This movie didn't turn me around on that. I could stand watching it, Hell, this was actually the second time I've seen it, but I assure you, it was not for my own enjoyment I did so.
January 20, 2019
The Simpsons have finally made it to the big screen and they've done it perfectly. This movie is full of laughs and a very enjoyable watch. The movie looks great and is well worth the watch.
½ January 2, 2019
You'll laugh till your knees hurt and you can't breath.The Simpsons Movie brought the much loved characters to the big screen. David Silverman directs this movie with the help of Matt Groening. The film has the same cast as the Television series does and is still as funny as the show. After Homer accidentally pollutes the town's water supply, Springfield is encased in a gigantic dome by the EPA and the Simpson family are declared fugitives. Tom Hanks and Arnold Schwarzenegger sneak in for a cameo.

I found this film extremely funny and is almost as good as the television series. Fans of the television series will be huge fans of this film and I hope they bring out a sequel. I would highly recommend this film even if you haven't watched the show because I saw this film even before I started to watch the television series. Rated PG for mild bad language.
Grade A
½ December 19, 2018
funny and very well animated
½ December 8, 2018
It is an entertaining and very funny movie, but it moves away from the plots that present us with the original series.
½ November 17, 2018
This film was solid.
November 16, 2018
The SImpsons Movie is everything the TV show is, funny and hart warming, and, it adds top notch animation
November 12, 2018
The Simpson's show is funny but the movie may be funnier in a lot of ways
October 22, 2018
With hilarious jokes, a fun and engaging story, and the same charm and fun of the series, I'm proud to say that The Simpsons is one of, if not the best animated film based on a cartoon. Here's hoping for a sequel!
½ October 20, 2018
This film was a lot of fun.
½ October 16, 2018
as long as you are with this sane family..

The Simpsons Movie

Silverman's 90 minutes of practically a flood of sharp humor is too much to handle. It literally is a flat out hilarious with gags like you have never seen and jokes like you have never heard. The stupidity, the cunningness, the slick one liners and the sarcasm, everything blends in with such flamboyancy in one whole act that it warps you back to your childhood days. You find yourself rooting for a more troubled and extreme sadistic version of the society that it mocks on such large scale. And it is that feeling that rarely does a comedy genre offers you, which is in plethora of.

It teases you and satisfies you with its dumbness and ludicrous ideologies that keeps you giggling throughout the course of the feature. On terms of storytelling, it is basically a textbook satirical track that meddles with powers and responsibility. But with all the loud distractions and references that is drawing your attention through humor, you couldn't care less about where it takes you. You are just happy as long as you are with this sane family. The voice cast does a tremendous work as usual and cracks us up on each line possible, their comic timing is obviously off the hook.

Homer's wise words are just pure gem, his quick ideas that backfires vigorously and his lazy notions that always brings trouble, he is a genuinely moving character that grounds this sketchy world. It also takes few things a bit too far that can be off putting, but the hard work of sketch artists is clearly visible in here where they use the entire frame on the screen to keep you attentive towards it. The Simpsons Movie is basically a two part episode stretched over by better material, it won't change a dime but then it doesn't have to when it is this funny.
½ October 8, 2018
If you are a fan of the television show you will not be disappointed at all. Everyone of the Springfield characters we have come to love and adore has something to do in the film. Homer is at his best, as is Grandpa and Bart. The celebrities are all over the place from Tom Hanks to Greenday and the pacing is good- It just feels like an extended episode. The Simpsons are often said to have jumped the shark some time ago but this film is a healthy reminder that it is still an incredibly witty show with great writers. (Homer on the big screen is a sight to behold).
½ September 19, 2018
The most famous family on Television is finally getting a chance to enthrall us on the big screen. The Simpsons movie is a good movie and if you are a fan of the television show you will not be disappointed at all. Everyone of the Springfield characters we have come to love and adore has something to do in the film. Homer is at his best, as is Grandpa and Bart. The celebrities are all over the place from Tom Hanks to Greenday and the pacing is good- It just feels like an extended episode. The Simpsons are often said to have jumped the shark some time ago but this film is a healthy reminder that it is still an incredibly witty show with great writers. (Even if you aren't a fan of the show give this movie a chance).
September 13, 2018
The Simpsons Movies is funny. it doesn't feel so much as a movie but the TV show that is a multiple parter. Which to some people would be a bad thing but I think is great. The Simpsons has been going on for a long time and this movie, in my opinion, captures the humor of the early seasons. I highly recommend it.
August 21, 2018
Los simpsons la película es lo suficientemente impecable como cada uno de sus Capítulos ,esta es Diversión de buena calidad alargada como un film ,es mas diversión con personajes completamente establecidos, basicamente mas de lo mismo mejorado y mucho mas pulido.
August 11, 2018
in fact I think that the creators of the series made an effort to get good jokes, even though few give grace, the movie is good