The Simpsons Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Simpsons Movie Reviews

April 30, 2018
The Simpsons Movie is a really funny and entertaining comedy!
½ April 22, 2018
the movie was not the best but better then sanders new movie it had better comedy then most movies that i watched
April 8, 2018
the only thing i like about this film is homer and lisas love interest colin the rest is a complete and utter garbage which aint simpsons style. bart seeing flanders as his father figure is a complete rubbish and i hate how everyone treats homer in this episode hes the best character in the show. not enough of moe smithers or mr burns other great characters from the show. what a let down from the best animated series ever made. wjhat a waste of a talent like tom hanks.
April 3, 2018
Everything a Simpsons movie should be!
March 23, 2018
Reminiscent of show in its golden age, The Simpsons Movie is clever, well written and funny. It offers terrific jokes and is able to keep its charm well into the feature film runtime. Much like The South Park movie The Simpsons Movie is a clever satire and perfect movie version of one of the most popular TV shows of all time.
March 22, 2018
At first I thought the movie would be ridiculous, but when I saw it, it was one of the best animated movies I saw during the year 2007 and still watch it today
½ February 24, 2018
Whilst admittedly entertaining the wackier antics and plots that had already infected the tv show since around 2000 onwards are here also. As a bit of a Simpson's purist I'm fairly ambivalent towards this movie but it does have its moments.
February 24, 2018
i can not wach the simpsons movie
sorry fernds i whacht it 100 times on youtube and i well never
January 26, 2018
the story was a bit simple but the characters and animation was great
½ January 11, 2018
A festering pile of Spider Pig poop. Illustrates why The Simpsons should have been canceled long ago.
January 7, 2018
Story was alright. The humor was amazing though.
½ January 4, 2018
The Simpsons Movie is filled to the brim with comedy, and even some contains deep, emotional scenes with a heartwarming message. It's one of the few family comedy films the adults will love, too!
December 17, 2017
Much more entertaining than the TV series has been lately. SO many moments of uncontrollable laughter!!
Spider Pig, Spider Pig....
½ November 10, 2017
love this movie made mad me laugh a lot in cinema, just over ten years ago now! still laugh at it now
October 31, 2017
Me, a Blunt, and Homer makes for the movie ive been waiting to see the most. MMmmmm Simpsons.
October 29, 2017
As a fan of the show, it was very calculated but still hilarious.
October 29, 2017
i think the simpsons movie is a amazing movie but its not a kids movie because it has lots of edgy adult humor homer sticks up 2 middle fingers bart gets drunk and theres some uncensored animated nudity its still a good movie based on the Adult cartoon the simpsons
½ October 28, 2017
As a fan of The Simpsons, it's only natural that I wanted to watch the movie. Like most movies based off of cartoons, you don't need to be familiar with the source material to understand and like the movie. I did find a few moments to be cringey but thankfully these were few and far between. There's something in this movie for everyone. I think the reason why it made more money than every hand-drawn animated film in the history of ever except for The Lion King was because people who grew up with the show wanted a movie so bad and had to wait 18 years. The excuse for other movies based off of childhood cartoons was mainly because they were expected to end the series. Not every one of them but a good amount of them. Also because of the trailer editing that paid homage and indirectly mocked how every trailer needs to have dramatic music and editing to look epic. And it didn't give any of the plot away. I really liked this movie. From its animation updated for the big screen to its hilarious gags and pop culture references, The Simpsons Movie has something for everyone except anyone who is racist against yellow people. It centers on Homer's character flaws that leads to Bart seeing Flanders as a better father figure as well as the events of the movie. The movie boasts some of the best 2D/3D blending I have ever seen and also some clever instances of animation by drawing things that censor out Bart's genitalia in a scene where he skateboards naked as a bet. I could go on forever about why The Simpsons Movie rocks but I won't. So, let me make this clear, The Simpsons Movie's larger scale, better-looking animation and hilarious script make it a vastly entertaining cinematic adaptation of a classic animated sitcom.
October 27, 2017
looks really funny!!!!!!!!!!
½ October 22, 2017
Hilarious and extremely entertaining!