The Simpsons Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Simpsons Movie Reviews

½ September 13, 2017
You know for having the Simpsons be a TV show some people are for the TV show more than the movie which is understandable but I prefer the movie
½ September 10, 2017
The closest we will get to the simpson's glory days.
½ September 8, 2017
The Simpsons Movie:

Pros:
- Fantastic Voice Acting

- Amazing Comedy

- Terrific Script

- Spectacular Animation

- Features all the great characters from the show

- Great Direction

- Good Musical Score

- Very Genius satire on a very environmentalist storyline

- Feels like a classic Simpsons episode

- Very Well-Paced

Cons:
- Storyline can be a bit predictable at times

Overall Grade: A (9.5/10)
September 3, 2017
Definitely the best movie based on a cartoon, since South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut
August 23, 2017
A crazy condensed projection of the Simpsons episodes for a longer duration. Decently entertaining, highly creative, and definitely worth a watch for comedic relief.
August 11, 2017
My favourite cartoon show finally goes into a movie.
August 10, 2017
The Simpson's Great Escape
After many, many years and hundreds of episodes, a movie about the Simpsons has finally come. While not the best movie ever, movie watchers will mostly be laughing at its crude and at times inappropriate jokes and memes (if you are that type of person), instead of criticizing its flaws. It does not fail to hold up the original name of the Simpsons.

I stumbled onto this movie, not very familiar with the Simpsons. However, the movie still was very clear and easy to understand for me. Whether one has seen many episodes or just one - the movie is just as good!

The movie is filled with jokes, some related to the American culture at pretty much every scene, like Cops being lazy only eating donuts, the government not showing any remorse to his citizens that reside under his belt, or citizens not caring about the environment with hopeless environmentalists trying to change the community for the better. While the jokes are funny, it seems to also cause some guilt in the very middle of the heart, as in - This is funny, yet, it is kinda dirty and offensive at the same time! One scene, Homer and his son Bart play a game, yet Homer goes too far and challenges Bart to ride his skateboard to the store and back - but naked! This scene, a little bit of a stretch and only caused discomfort for the unpolluted minds - this was not a necessary part of the movie.

Homer, a caring yet oblivious father, somehow acquires a pig that was about to be slaughtered that he seems to adore more than his children in that moment in time, only caused jealously from Bart, in which he leaves to hang with the neighbor's father instead. One scene showed the neighbor's Dad tucking his kids to bed - But Homer, unlike his neighbors was playing with the pig instead of helping his family. Little did he know, acquiring that pig would only force his family to escape the angry citizens of Springfield - and only would he have to save the day as well.

Some well taught principles in the movie was the fact that family is important. At one point, Homer and his family are living their life in peace away from their hometown - yet their town was about to be destroyed. Homer, not caring, just wanted to stay in peace. But his wife and the kids left later to save the city - leaving Homer all by himself. What does he do? Even a person as oblivious and at times plain old stupid, he realizes what he must do. We see at the end of the movie, Homer has changed to be a better father and person in his community. The Simpsons always say together - no matter how hard or stupid the circumstance is!

Throughout the movie, in every scene that showed the family communicating to each other, it showed them communicating with love and respect - never arguing with each other. Practically everything else gets made fun of, such as the government, police, etc. The family is never picked on.

That is one thing we can always learn and apply to our lives - family is important. No matter what situation we humans get into - always stay together as a family. Don't put the blame on your fellow loved ones. Stick it out and it will always work out in the end.

Although it has been ten years since this movie came out, its jokes and morals still apply to us to this day. It teaches us what we need to do to better help our communities and families.

For the person that enjoys jokes and enjoys a great yet ridiculous movie, this is the movie - filled with crude jokes and an exciting plot. Filled with guilty laughter at every five seconds. For the Simpsons fan, this is a must watch film.
August 6, 2017
Worth seeing if you enjoy the show, but much funnier in the first half than in the second. It's at it's best when it is clever -- not relying on toilet humor gags.
July 30, 2017
The Simpsons Movie has a few laugh-out-loud moments scattered throughout, but the movie is aimed entirely at already convinced fans of the series and therefore doesn't do anything to draw in, let alone keep, unfamiliar viewers.
July 26, 2017
The simpsons movie in 3-D
½ July 23, 2017
While not up to par with peak Simpsons episodes, it's still a lot of fun to watch. There's enough going on that subsequent viewings prove beneficial.
½ July 21, 2017
Some of the funniest jokes of the decade come from this movie. Funnier and more addictive than the show itself, The Simpsons Movie deliver painful laughs and brings up an important environmental issue
July 13, 2017
I was really nervous when I heard they were making the show I grew up with into a movie. After I saw it though I felt they stayed true, for the most part, to what has allowed the show to remain on TV for over 25 seasons now.
July 12, 2017
It was funny. It was classic Simpsons. The only thing I didn't really like were the people in the theatre. It's not necessary to quote all that you've seen from every trailer or to cheer and hoot in the middle of the movie. So annoying...
½ July 5, 2017
The Simpson movie is funny and satisfying.
½ July 3, 2017
The entire movie seems to be a pretty good Simpsons episode stretched into one. Although parts of the movie can be dull, it's mostly a fun adventure.
½ June 26, 2017
Very funny, and features that original Simpsons charm that some of the older episodes had. I think that after this movie is where the series started to go downhill. But never mind that, the animation is beautiful and clean. This is animated humor at it's finest.
June 25, 2017
The Simpsons is without a doubt my all-time favorite T.V show. It is funny, has great animation, really awesome and hilarious characters, and is just a very big show. I know there's people that think the new episodes suck, but to be honest, I haven't seen much of them, but they look solid to me.

This movie, however, was fantastic. It has the same great humor, animation, and characters it had from the show. The story was also really well done and the time length for the movie was perfect. The only small problem I had was this was a very long awaited movie. It came out after the 18th Season, and to me, this movie should of been made in the 90s.

Nonetheless, this is an awesome movie based off an awesome cartoon. :)
June 25, 2017
Hello? Longest running cartoon TV series... this is a must.