The Simpsons Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Simpsons Movie Reviews

½ October 16, 2018
as long as you are with this sane family..

The Simpsons Movie

Silverman's 90 minutes of practically a flood of sharp humor is too much to handle. It literally is a flat out hilarious with gags like you have never seen and jokes like you have never heard. The stupidity, the cunningness, the slick one liners and the sarcasm, everything blends in with such flamboyancy in one whole act that it warps you back to your childhood days. You find yourself rooting for a more troubled and extreme sadistic version of the society that it mocks on such large scale. And it is that feeling that rarely does a comedy genre offers you, which is in plethora of.

It teases you and satisfies you with its dumbness and ludicrous ideologies that keeps you giggling throughout the course of the feature. On terms of storytelling, it is basically a textbook satirical track that meddles with powers and responsibility. But with all the loud distractions and references that is drawing your attention through humor, you couldn't care less about where it takes you. You are just happy as long as you are with this sane family. The voice cast does a tremendous work as usual and cracks us up on each line possible, their comic timing is obviously off the hook.

Homer's wise words are just pure gem, his quick ideas that backfires vigorously and his lazy notions that always brings trouble, he is a genuinely moving character that grounds this sketchy world. It also takes few things a bit too far that can be off putting, but the hard work of sketch artists is clearly visible in here where they use the entire frame on the screen to keep you attentive towards it. The Simpsons Movie is basically a two part episode stretched over by better material, it won't change a dime but then it doesn't have to when it is this funny.
½ October 8, 2018
If you are a fan of the television show you will not be disappointed at all. Everyone of the Springfield characters we have come to love and adore has something to do in the film. Homer is at his best, as is Grandpa and Bart. The celebrities are all over the place from Tom Hanks to Greenday and the pacing is good- It just feels like an extended episode. The Simpsons are often said to have jumped the shark some time ago but this film is a healthy reminder that it is still an incredibly witty show with great writers. (Homer on the big screen is a sight to behold).
½ September 19, 2018
The most famous family on Television is finally getting a chance to enthrall us on the big screen. The Simpsons movie is a good movie and if you are a fan of the television show you will not be disappointed at all. Everyone of the Springfield characters we have come to love and adore has something to do in the film. Homer is at his best, as is Grandpa and Bart. The celebrities are all over the place from Tom Hanks to Greenday and the pacing is good- It just feels like an extended episode. The Simpsons are often said to have jumped the shark some time ago but this film is a healthy reminder that it is still an incredibly witty show with great writers. (Even if you aren't a fan of the show give this movie a chance).
September 13, 2018
The Simpsons Movies is funny. it doesn't feel so much as a movie but the TV show that is a multiple parter. Which to some people would be a bad thing but I think is great. The Simpsons has been going on for a long time and this movie, in my opinion, captures the humor of the early seasons. I highly recommend it.
August 21, 2018
Los simpsons la película es lo suficientemente impecable como cada uno de sus Capítulos ,esta es Diversión de buena calidad alargada como un film ,es mas diversión con personajes completamente establecidos, basicamente mas de lo mismo mejorado y mucho mas pulido.
August 11, 2018
in fact I think that the creators of the series made an effort to get good jokes, even though few give grace, the movie is good
½ August 11, 2018
Hilarious and gives a funny story.
½ August 10, 2018
Well, we all love The Simpsons Movie, okay? more than saying it is a prolonged episode of the series, between jokes, action, adventures and a lot of laughter, they give a good message in the film, I think the series and the film reflect so many attitudes from us that we have forgotten things important as the family and the environment for such superficial things in life. I acclaim this film as excellent in every way and we look forward to its sequel with a lot of emotion.
August 4, 2018
i want to see it free
½ August 2, 2018
It is great so funny. if you don't like the Simpsons I would still recommend that you watch it is that good
July 31, 2018
July 27, 2018
The Simpsons Movie is a must-watch adaptation that stays true to the show with a powerful story, awesome animation & of course charming and loveable characters. I may not have watch the show but I do know that they can make a great comedy
July 18, 2018
It took 20 years for the most famous television family to finally make the jump to the big screen. This is a good movie and if you are a fan of the television show you will not be disappointed at all. Everyone of the Springfield characters we have come to love and adore has something to do in the film. Homer is at his best, as is Grandpa and Bart. The celebrities are all over the place from Tom Hanks to Greenday and the pacing is good- It just feels like an extended episode. The Simpsons are often said to have jumped the shark some time ago but this film is a healthy reminder that it is still an incredibly witty show with great writers.(Simpsons finally arrive onscreen).
½ July 3, 2018
Hilarious film! If you're a big Simpsons fan, I recommend you see this film.
½ June 24, 2018
The first ten seasons of The Simpsons will always cement why the show is one of the best animated sitcoms to ever air. The Simpsons Movie is actually pretty good, but unfortunately does show the problems that the modern seasons have. Cute, funny, even if not as clever as the first ten seasons.
June 14, 2018
86 minutes and I'm pretty sure I laughed in everyone of them. The Simpsons Movie gives fans (including myself) what they love about the show with its witty social satire and hilariously clever jokes and should be enough for people who don't watch the show to enjoy.
April 30, 2018
The Simpsons Movie is a really funny and entertaining comedy!
½ April 22, 2018
the movie was not the best but better then sanders new movie it had better comedy then most movies that i watched
April 8, 2018
the only thing i like about this film is homer and lisas love interest colin the rest is a complete and utter garbage which aint simpsons style. bart seeing flanders as his father figure is a complete rubbish and i hate how everyone treats homer in this episode hes the best character in the show. not enough of moe smithers or mr burns other great characters from the show. what a let down from the best animated series ever made. wjhat a waste of a talent like tom hanks.