The Simpsons Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Simpsons Movie Reviews

½ November 10, 2017
love this movie made mad me laugh a lot in cinema, just over ten years ago now! still laugh at it now
October 31, 2017
Me, a Blunt, and Homer makes for the movie ive been waiting to see the most. MMmmmm Simpsons.
October 29, 2017
As a fan of the show, it was very calculated but still hilarious.
October 29, 2017
i think the simpsons movie is a amazing movie but its not a kids movie because it has lots of edgy adult humor homer sticks up 2 middle fingers bart gets drunk and theres some uncensored animated nudity its still a good movie based on the Adult cartoon the simpsons
½ October 28, 2017
As a fan of The Simpsons, it's only natural that I wanted to watch the movie. Like most movies based off of cartoons, you don't need to be familiar with the source material to understand and like the movie. I did find a few moments to be cringey but thankfully these were few and far between. There's something in this movie for everyone. I think the reason why it made more money than every hand-drawn animated film in the history of ever except for The Lion King was because people who grew up with the show wanted a movie so bad and had to wait 18 years. The excuse for other movies based off of childhood cartoons was mainly because they were expected to end the series. Not every one of them but a good amount of them. Also because of the trailer editing that paid homage and indirectly mocked how every trailer needs to have dramatic music and editing to look epic. And it didn't give any of the plot away. I really liked this movie. From its animation updated for the big screen to its hilarious gags and pop culture references, The Simpsons Movie has something for everyone except anyone who is racist against yellow people. It centers on Homer's character flaws that leads to Bart seeing Flanders as a better father figure as well as the events of the movie. The movie boasts some of the best 2D/3D blending I have ever seen and also some clever instances of animation by drawing things that censor out Bart's genitalia in a scene where he skateboards naked as a bet. I could go on forever about why The Simpsons Movie rocks but I won't. So, let me make this clear, The Simpsons Movie's larger scale, better-looking animation and hilarious script make it a vastly entertaining cinematic adaptation of a classic animated sitcom.
October 27, 2017
looks really funny!!!!!!!!!!
½ October 22, 2017
Hilarious and extremely entertaining!
½ October 14, 2017
Hilarious and just a great film
September 26, 2017
best animated film ever
½ September 13, 2017
You know for having the Simpsons be a TV show some people are for the TV show more than the movie which is understandable but I prefer the movie
½ September 10, 2017
The closest we will get to the simpson's glory days.
½ September 8, 2017
The Simpsons Movie:

Pros:
- Fantastic Voice Acting

- Amazing Comedy

- Terrific Script

- Spectacular Animation

- Features all the great characters from the show

- Great Direction

- Good Musical Score

- Very Genius satire on a very environmentalist storyline

- Feels like a classic Simpsons episode

- Very Well-Paced

Cons:
- Storyline can be a bit predictable at times

Overall Grade: A (9.5/10)
September 3, 2017
Definitely the best movie based on a cartoon, since South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut
August 23, 2017
A crazy condensed projection of the Simpsons episodes for a longer duration. Decently entertaining, highly creative, and definitely worth a watch for comedic relief.
August 11, 2017
My favourite cartoon show finally goes into a movie.
August 10, 2017
The Simpson's Great Escape
After many, many years and hundreds of episodes, a movie about the Simpsons has finally come. While not the best movie ever, movie watchers will mostly be laughing at its crude and at times inappropriate jokes and memes (if you are that type of person), instead of criticizing its flaws. It does not fail to hold up the original name of the Simpsons.

I stumbled onto this movie, not very familiar with the Simpsons. However, the movie still was very clear and easy to understand for me. Whether one has seen many episodes or just one - the movie is just as good!

The movie is filled with jokes, some related to the American culture at pretty much every scene, like Cops being lazy only eating donuts, the government not showing any remorse to his citizens that reside under his belt, or citizens not caring about the environment with hopeless environmentalists trying to change the community for the better. While the jokes are funny, it seems to also cause some guilt in the very middle of the heart, as in - This is funny, yet, it is kinda dirty and offensive at the same time! One scene, Homer and his son Bart play a game, yet Homer goes too far and challenges Bart to ride his skateboard to the store and back - but naked! This scene, a little bit of a stretch and only caused discomfort for the unpolluted minds - this was not a necessary part of the movie.

Homer, a caring yet oblivious father, somehow acquires a pig that was about to be slaughtered that he seems to adore more than his children in that moment in time, only caused jealously from Bart, in which he leaves to hang with the neighbor's father instead. One scene showed the neighbor's Dad tucking his kids to bed - But Homer, unlike his neighbors was playing with the pig instead of helping his family. Little did he know, acquiring that pig would only force his family to escape the angry citizens of Springfield - and only would he have to save the day as well.

Some well taught principles in the movie was the fact that family is important. At one point, Homer and his family are living their life in peace away from their hometown - yet their town was about to be destroyed. Homer, not caring, just wanted to stay in peace. But his wife and the kids left later to save the city - leaving Homer all by himself. What does he do? Even a person as oblivious and at times plain old stupid, he realizes what he must do. We see at the end of the movie, Homer has changed to be a better father and person in his community. The Simpsons always say together - no matter how hard or stupid the circumstance is!

Throughout the movie, in every scene that showed the family communicating to each other, it showed them communicating with love and respect - never arguing with each other. Practically everything else gets made fun of, such as the government, police, etc. The family is never picked on.

That is one thing we can always learn and apply to our lives - family is important. No matter what situation we humans get into - always stay together as a family. Don't put the blame on your fellow loved ones. Stick it out and it will always work out in the end.

Although it has been ten years since this movie came out, its jokes and morals still apply to us to this day. It teaches us what we need to do to better help our communities and families.

For the person that enjoys jokes and enjoys a great yet ridiculous movie, this is the movie - filled with crude jokes and an exciting plot. Filled with guilty laughter at every five seconds. For the Simpsons fan, this is a must watch film.
August 6, 2017
Worth seeing if you enjoy the show, but much funnier in the first half than in the second. It's at it's best when it is clever -- not relying on toilet humor gags.
July 30, 2017
The Simpsons Movie has a few laugh-out-loud moments scattered throughout, but the movie is aimed entirely at already convinced fans of the series and therefore doesn't do anything to draw in, let alone keep, unfamiliar viewers.
July 26, 2017