The Simpsons Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Simpsons Movie Reviews

April 24, 2017
Just when I thought The Simpsons had nothing good anymore, I decided to watch this and give them a chance. What I found was what I wish the present show could be like. This was great. It did feel like an extended episode but that isn't a problem because this is a really good one. This movie is full of hilarious jokes that won't get old very soon. If your a fan of the Simpsons, you're really going o enjoy this movie. Even if your are new to the Simpsons, you will enjoy it. A
April 20, 2017
This is another one of my favorite animated films. I think it is a super funny movie, especially since its The Simpsons. There is only one problem: they forgot about Sideshow Bob .I absolutely love this movie. 10 out of 10 stars.
½ April 10, 2017
Funny and a brilliant satire, The Simpsons Movie is a brilliant animated movie.
½ April 6, 2017
A downright funny film that puts the perfect amount of Simpsons-style comedy into the length of a feature film. New gads meld with classic gags quite well, and by the end is basically a long, very good episode of The Simpsons.
April 2, 2017
Great movie, a little dirtier than the show
March 30, 2017
The better not f*ck this up!
½ March 28, 2017
What an idea. A Simpsons movie. Although it's too obvious Fox would pull it, they still pull off a great movie. With the humor the show brings, mixed with improved animation, and a great villain, the Simpsons Movie is a name that does not shame the beloved TV show.
March 20, 2017
Yes, this was a funny movie and had me laughing alot more than I expected to, having had a number of years of poor 'Simpsons' episodes, this was definitely an improvement.

There are two problems with this film, the first being Homer. He is just soooo stupid now, and it has made him uncaring towards his family. It is impossible to like him at all, and unsurprising that Marge leaves him again (for what must be the umpteenth time?) and God, God really knows why she gets back together with him. His relationship struggle with Bart (Bart's sense of betrayal of his father) is built up as a major subplot but completely dropped in favour of tying up all the loose ends before the finale.

The second problem is that this movie is quite pointless. It feels like an overly long episode you'd see on the TV. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing I don't know, but the story and it's execution was definitely nothing special, and I'm confused as to how it could have taken so long to write such a weak script. Like Homer says at the beginning; 'why do people pay to see a movie that's free on TV?'
February 26, 2017
This is compulsery (sp?)watching despite any reviews.
February 26, 2017
soooo looking forward to this !
February 24, 2017
A great & enjoyable movie with exceptional humour. Although this wasn't their shiniest piece of work, David Silverman did a wonderful job Animating & Directing this film. So well done to him!
February 19, 2017
2/19/2017: What I expected; funny and entertaining just like the tv show.
February 12, 2017
I laughed maybe once or twice, but didn't really find this to be funny or entertaining at all. I've never been a fan of the Simpsons. Not my cup of tea. (First and only viewing - Late Summer 2007 in theaters)
January 29, 2017
The Simpsons is without a doubt my all-time favorite T.V show. It is funny, has great animation, really awesome and hilarious characters, and is just a very big show. I know there's people that think the new episodes suck, but to be honest, I haven't seen much of them, but they look solid to me.

This movie, however, was fantastic. It has the same great humor, animation, and characters it had from the show. The story was also really well done and the time length fot the movie was perfect. The only small problem I had was this was a very long awaited movie. It came out after the 18th Season, and to me, this movie should of been made in the 90s. But, that did not happen because of a difficult decision with a script.

Nonetheless, this is an awesome movie based off an awesome cartoon. :)
½ January 27, 2017
About 10 years overdue and definitely worth the wait. If you love old school Simpsons, there's no hating this.
January 17, 2017
Probably the funniest film I've ever seen
January 8, 2017
Solid. At least it was different.
January 4, 2017
I've seen this a billion times and will see it a billion more and shall never tire of it.
½ January 3, 2017
True Simpson seen in one movie.Typical satire of this kind placed in a new and engaging story
December 29, 2016
The Simpsons has been Television's most popular well know show since it's been on the air since 1989. and i'm a huge simpsons fan! and i liked the movie as well i escpically loved the part when homer dared bart to skateboard naked in public! LOL! and the spider pig part also had me cracking up! ;D this movie was great and entertaining for the family to enjoy and love and see how Loved and Popular The Simpsons are! funny and great movie.