Sinbad: Beyond the Veil of Mists - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sinbad: Beyond the Veil of Mists Reviews

December 12, 2014
Fraser's a good actor, but what this animated film tried to succeed was being the first motion capture feature-length CGI animated film and resulted to looks like a poor video game without gaming, having the animation to turn out to be somewhat a little creepy. (C+)

(Full review coming soon)
June 6, 2014
It Was OK For Direct To DVD
½ October 4, 2010
I'm sorry but the animation was just horrid on this one. Otherwise the story was classic, but animation just killed it.
½ November 19, 2009
This 1999 animated flick has the fun distincation of being the first ever motion capture CGI film, and has some big names attached. Brendan Fraser is Sinbad, Leonard Nimoy is the evil sorccer, and Mark Hamill is the captain of the guard. The backgrounds are rendered beautifully, the lighting effects are perfect, and the heavy use of reflections is interesting. The characters move very well, and do small things that make it definitely seem like motion capture, unfortunately, they are rendered very simply. If you can get over that, there's a lot to enjoy here. Some good one liners, an original take on Atlantis, some cool creatures, and a solid adventure.
½ May 26, 2008
Watching this is about as insulting as slapping yourself in public.
March 28, 2008
Doh!!! The story line was aigt but the animation was poor...
February 18, 2008
Amazing! What a smart spoof of animated features. This will be a classic for months and even years. You'll laugh your self silly watching wooden heads talking without moving their lips and sword fights with no swords. Great action too, and what a love story, wow!
½ December 5, 2007
the character of sinbad is my favorite. i enjoyed the film
December 2, 2007
i liked this alot actually i was surprised
May 7, 2007
½ April 10, 2007
Not as good as the mainstream one. But not too bad .. I guess.
½ December 10, 2006
Extremely boring. Do not bother watching, absolute waste of time.
November 20, 2006
I like this move...its pretty funni for a cartoon...Very adventourous
October 25, 2006
from what I saw it was pretty good I don't know why so many people didn't like it
September 28, 2006