Sing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sing Reviews

½ April 21, 2016
Sing is an okay film. It is about an an Italian punk who is forced to work with an innocent Jewish girl. Lorraine Bracco and Peter Dobson give good performances. The script is slow in places. Richard Baskin did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama.
March 28, 2016
Another fine example of critics being out of touch with the common viewer.
November 21, 2012
This movie is actually better than the sum of it's parts. The trailer and the description don't do it justice. With a killer soundtrack and a colorful cast of characters it still reels me in over 20+ years later. I wish they would release it on dvd.
November 16, 2011
Yeah, I love this movie, you got a problem with that??
September 28, 2011
Loved the book. Probably read it at least once a year. This movie though was disappointing.
August 14, 2009
This is great movie. it has a strong message. But I can't find this movie anywhere.
June 9, 2009
I am dating myself with this movie but I really loved it and thought it was underated. Wish they would release it on DVD soon.
March 6, 2009
I love this movie but no one else has ever heard of it lol
January 28, 2009
Don't let anyone tell you can't don something.
½ October 23, 2008
I remember this one fondly. It was a Cool Teen Flick! It's dated and Cheesy but it has its charm.
September 30, 2008
This is Fame for people who like movies which are actually good. If you have met my cat, Aristotle Thermopolis, his name comes from this movie.
½ August 26, 2008
My girlfriends and I LOVED this movie! Yes, it's cheesy but who cares? The music is still great! As a matter of fact, we sang a few songs from this movie at our 8th grade graduation...lol now that's classic!
August 20, 2008
OMG, I loved watching this when I was young! I was completely blown away with the Seniors' performance at the end. I've watched it again more recently--ok, so the dancing isn't the best, the fashion is dreadful, the performances aren't as amazing as I remembered, and the movie is a fairly cheesy 80s movie, but I thought it was entertaining. :) The acting wasn't that bad (I liked Jessica Steen, and she had good chemistry with Peter Dobson), the storylines were pretty solid and dealt with some real issues, and c'mon, the "One More Time" song is great! I did buy the soundtrack on cassette tape just for that song, but was sorely disappointed to realize Michael Bolton sang that song on the soundtrack! Gene Miller (the singing voice in the movie) sang it sooo much better!
August 17, 2008
awesome movie great ;ast scene definitly worth watchin
½ August 4, 2008
Watched this again recently whilst in an 80s-cheese kind of mood. Yes it's cringe-worthy, but I still enjoy every silly second of it, from Patti LaBelle's ridiculous singing solo to Dobson and Braco's naff dance-off. I also think the finale - with the two original musicals performed by the students - is pretty good. 'High School Musical' before Disney even thought of it!
July 29, 2008
hey we all have bad movies we love!!!
July 14, 2008
So cheesy, but there in lies its charm. With some great, but definatly cheesy dancing and singing. Not bad if you feel like an easy film to watch which will lighten your mood.
June 30, 2008
Love the soundtrack, Love the main character, Love the movie. 'Nuff said. My favorite love song is in this movie!
June 11, 2008
I still have this movie,lol!
May 20, 2008
My most popular movie since childhood. Cant find it or get it any where now