Sing Me the Songs That Say I Love You: A Concert for Kate McGarrigle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sing Me the Songs That Say I Love You: A Concert for Kate McGarrigle Reviews

½ November 6, 2013
I was at one of these concerts, and this film not only captures exactly what it felt like to be there, but from much better perspectives, sound and angles than any audience member could ever experience. It also captures the stunning performances of the folk-dynasty (as Rufus likees to call it) of family and friends of the late great Kate McGarrigle and her marvelous music.
While documenting these amazing tribute concerts, a mere year after her death, the feelings are palpably raw, and the singing of her songs is so moving. The interviews and archival footage adds immeasurable depth to make this not a mere concert film but a family portrait of an amazingly wonderful woman.
Absolutely brilliant film: I am so grateful that it was made.
September 21, 2013
I actually got teary eyed a couple times watching a concert movie. That's never happened to me.
September 9, 2013
I didn't see it as a documentary but as a beautifully crafted, moving document re. the music of Kate McGarrigle, love, loss, family, friendship and the high quality art of Mcgarrigle's songs.