The top Sinister quotes selected by the Rotten Tomatoes community. Login to submit a quote!
- Ellison Oswalt: Bad things happen to good people and they still have to have their story told.‐ Submitted by Frances H (2 years ago)
- Ellison: Tracy, nobody died here. It's not like we're sleeping where somebody was killed or they had to wipe blood off the walls for the open house.Tracy: You're saying it didn't happen here?Ellison: No, no. It happened in the backyard.Tracy: That is so sick! God, you think that makes a difference?‐ Submitted by David S (3 years ago)
- Ashley: Don't worry Daddy, I'll make you famous again.‐ Submitted by Andrew D (3 years ago)
- Tracy: There are plenty of other ways you can provide for this family.Ellison: Doing what? Teaching? Editing journalism textbooks? Don't you understand that writing is what gives my life meaning? These books are my legacy!Tracy: I have always supported you doing what you love, Ellison. But writing isn't the meaning of your life. You and me, right here, this marriage: that's the meaning of your life. And your legacy? That's Ashley and Trevor. Your kids are your legacy.‐ Submitted by Nadia S (3 years ago)
- Tracy: Do you understand what you've done this time? The kind of jeopardy you've put your children in? Your marriage?Ellison: Yes! I do!Tracy: Is there anything you won't do for your goddamn book?!‐ Submitted by Nadia S (3 years ago)
- Ellison: We have found you in a box...Trevor: A box?Ellison: Shall I tell you about that time you tried to pee in the dryer?‐ Submitted by Wouter V (3 years ago)
- Ellison: Oh my god, it's the missing kids...‐ Submitted by Matthew C (3 years ago)
- Ashley: Don't worry Daddy... I'll make you famous again.‐ Submitted by Brandon M (3 years ago)
- Professor Jonas: The symbol is associated with a Pagan deity named Bagul. He consumes the souls of human children. The ancient church believed that Bagul actually lived in the images themselves and that they were gateways into his realm. Children exposed to these images were especially vulnerable to Bagul's abductions.
- Ellison: Get the kids. Pack the car. We have to leave here now.
- Ashley: I didn't want to move hereEllison: We couldn't afford to live in the old house anymore. Plus, the new story I'm writing is here.Ashley: Is the new story a good one this time?Ellison: I'm going to write the best book that anybody's ever read.