Sione's Wedding (Samoan Wedding) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sione's Wedding (Samoan Wedding) Reviews

July 9, 2009
Absolutely loved this film. Hilariously entertaining...though I ackowledge that non-polynesians/New-Zealanders might not get the jokes. Still one hell of a film.
July 5, 2009
This is a crack up movie, a real family movie.
June 6, 2009
Pretty shite, I though...must be a Kiwi thing.
May 30, 2009
funny samoan humour - not bad for a first go!
May 10, 2009
The all-Polynesian cast bring much energy and glee to the telling, but American's have been watching movies like this for years.
½ April 14, 2009
i thought it was a funny movie... another typical new zealand movie LoL!
Mmmm Pua :D
March 21, 2009
Pretty dull and predictable comedy about 4 losers who have to get girlfriends before they'll be allowed to a family wedding. You know who most of them will end up with pretty early on in the movie and it's pretty formulaic stuff to get to the end.
½ January 17, 2009
Finally, I've seen Sione's Wedding! Good solid silly fun: ignore the implausible premise and just enjoy the results of a bunch of good mates let loose with a film script. 'Stickmen' is a snappier film overall, but Sione's Wedding is definitely worth a watch if you've not seen it before and fancy a light comedy.
January 8, 2009
The Naked Samoans, Oscar Kightley in Grey Lynn. Very funny.
November 19, 2008
A great, highly amusing movie. I would never have seen this if it wasn't for a Kiwi mate.

Seriously, go and see this, people. It's good.
September 22, 2008
haha,AIKAE,but it was funny,makes me wanna drink 2!!
½ September 21, 2008
The more I see this movie, the more i like it.
September 15, 2008
A strong take on Samoan humour. Rather refreshing with a reasonable effort from all the actors.
½ September 12, 2008
After all the hype , I was a bit disappointed and let down with Sione's Wedding. There were opportunities for more comedy scenes but I found the comedy to be lacking. I wasn't particuarly drawn to any of the characters and the film had a predictable outcome. An OK , average flick and nice to see a home-grown film (set in Auckland) , but nothing especially outstanding.
September 7, 2008
I rented this today and I really wasn't expecting much. It was actually really sweet and funny.
September 6, 2008
Very funny. A great movie if you want a laugh.
August 28, 2008
love the stereotyping samoan drunken boys! :D and nekkid Maryjane.. sold!
August 4, 2008
"Hun im out tonight, i'll be back wheneva"
July 31, 2008
To think this film was actually banned in Samoa...overall pretty good..I think this is something all islanders can relate to in a way.
July 29, 2008