Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit Reviews

March 31, 2016
A generic sequel that feels like it was made for television. It fell short of what I had hoped for, but it was fairly entertaining. (First and only viewing - 3/11/2016)
½ March 20, 2016
Horrible, horrible film with no comedy value, a load of the most annoying people ever seen on film including Lauren Hill sporting her usual slapped arse face like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle. Lots of ridiculous scenes and unbearable singing.
½ January 18, 2016
Not as good as the original.
September 15, 2015
Just a Classic from my childhood, loved it then still do now
September 14, 2015
A masterpiece. Comedic MASTERPIECE, I say!
September 14, 2015
I have no idea why everyone is hating on this movie. It's a campy 90s good time, it's funny, it's vintage Lauryn Hill doing her thing--like honestly what else do you want out of an afternoon.
September 14, 2015
A classic! If you don't shed a tear when Lauryn Hill sings "His Eye Is on the Sparrow," you have no soul.
September 14, 2015
Great movie. Funnier than the first!
September 13, 2015
I liked it and would watch it again.
September 13, 2015
This is literally my favorite movie of all time.
½ August 19, 2015
Find it more enjoyable than the previous Act with Whoopi Goldberg's performance leading the spirits of her joyful noise while expressing the idea of standing up for and expressing yourself with enough strength to go for it. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
½ August 9, 2015
Wasn't an Oscar-worthy movie, but it was fun for what it was.
April 27, 2015
I'm sorry. I saw this ONCE, and that's all I needed. The cast is back from the first one, but that doesn't help things in the least. If I wanted "a very special" movie, I'd watch some 1980's sitcoms, because the plot of this film can easily be found in an episode of "Amen", "A Different World" or "227" (which were all great shows, by the way). This movie is utter garbage, and should NOT have been made.
½ April 8, 2015
Quickly prepared to take advantage on the original and thrown in the oven this over cooked mess of a sequel is a poorly written mess.
March 29, 2015
good sequel and the fun and laughs continue.
½ March 20, 2015
Ready to see Whoopi CLEARLY lip-synching and act horribly? And white suburban kids act like they're from the hood worse than Vanilla Ice did? And the HILARIOUS stupidity and slow pace of this film? Or how about a complete waste of using Maggie Smith in a film, ready for that? If so, you've come to the right film.
February 3, 2015
I think 2 is more entertaining then 1. Sometimes we can like all movies, because it depends how you love it & or like it.
November 15, 2014
Great continuation of the first story and the music was pretty good too!!!!
October 7, 2014
An awful sequel don't even bother watching.
September 1, 2014
Ugh. Unfunny and flat-out terrible.