Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit Reviews

March 8, 2017
I LOVE THIS MOVIE! This was one of my FAVORITE movies as child. I remember in high school me and a group of friends recreated the final scene ("joyful,joyful") for the talent show. Not only did we win, but we were asked to preform the scene at 2 other school events. Total underdog moment, FAVORITE high school memory! I cant believe it has such a low rating! 7%W TF? I admit I might be a little bias because I didn't see the first one intill I was much order., but come on! The movie stars a young Lauryn Hill & Jennifer Love Hewitt and not to mention >>> "If you want to be somebody, go somewhere, you better wake up and pay attention" GREAT MOVIE!
February 22, 2017
I love this movie -- Lauryn Hill singing, Maggie Smith vs. James Coburn, just wonderful music. I don't know why it got such a low rating...I've gotta watch it every year at least. It's such fun! Look at the discrepancy between the audience reviews and the critics -- critics can't always tell you what's going to life your heart. She even quotes my favorite poet/philosopher Rilke. I'm a songwriter with major label credits and I just love the music -- Lauryn Hill singing His Eye Is on the Sparrow slays me...and the final competition number is absolute joy. Glee fans should enjoy it too!
February 1, 2017
I love this movie ??????it's all about passion ??????????????????????????and music ??????????????????????????????????and to u people how don't like it suck a but
November 12, 2016
This movie deserves a higher rating
November 7, 2016
Not as great as the first one, but I still love this movie.
½ November 2, 2016
It's not the best, but it's not bad.
October 4, 2016
Really R.T.? Only 7%, why is this movie getting so much hate? It's not that bad.
½ September 5, 2016
Unfortunately, the sequel took a very cliché attempt of "reaching the children's hearts" and tried for a more heartwarming feel good kind of film while the plot seemed to kill whoopi's skills in comedy, since her comedy from the first film would have been somewhat inappropriate for this film. However what wasn't filtered of Whoopi's humour is worth at least knew watch even though it's more or less a film that has you saying "I'd rather watch the good one". Whoopi at least saves ut to be a half decent movie even though the script seems fairly unbelievable and predictable.
March 31, 2016
A generic sequel that feels like it was made for television. It fell short of what I had hoped for, but it was fairly entertaining. (First and only viewing - 3/11/2016)
½ March 20, 2016
Horrible, horrible film with no comedy value, a load of the most annoying people ever seen on film including Lauren Hill sporting her usual slapped arse face like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle. Lots of ridiculous scenes and unbearable singing.
½ January 18, 2016
Not as good as the original.
September 15, 2015
Just a Classic from my childhood, loved it then still do now
September 14, 2015
A masterpiece. Comedic MASTERPIECE, I say!
September 14, 2015
I have no idea why everyone is hating on this movie. It's a campy 90s good time, it's funny, it's vintage Lauryn Hill doing her thing--like honestly what else do you want out of an afternoon.
September 14, 2015
A classic! If you don't shed a tear when Lauryn Hill sings "His Eye Is on the Sparrow," you have no soul.
September 14, 2015
Great movie. Funnier than the first!
September 13, 2015
I liked it and would watch it again.
September 13, 2015
This is literally my favorite movie of all time.
½ August 19, 2015
Find it more enjoyable than the previous Act with Whoopi Goldberg's performance leading the spirits of her joyful noise while expressing the idea of standing up for and expressing yourself with enough strength to go for it. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
½ August 9, 2015
Wasn't an Oscar-worthy movie, but it was fun for what it was.