Sitcom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sitcom Reviews

April 10, 2015
Perhaps the best way to sum it up: If John Waters were French. Great film!
November 28, 2013
I have generally loved every Ozone film I have seen. Sitcom is no exception, although it can't compare to Ozone's Criminal Lovers. I've loved everything I've seen of Stephane Rideau's and his performance while, minimal was still very pleasing. I became a new fan of Adrien de Van in this film so I have to consider Sitcom another Ozone success.
December 5, 2012
Like a poor dumb comedy version of Pasolini's Teorema
½ October 13, 2012
Kooky, absurd and melodramatic, Ozon style. Can't believe it took me so long to see this.
½ May 19, 2012
Nearly flawless and disturbing dark comedy that ranks with the likes of Todd Solondz films. Reading the plot outline or knowing anything about the film before going in might ruin it. So do check this out, but be cautious, this is a film for adults only. It is quite graphic at times, and surprisingly goes places most films will never go.
½ February 15, 2012
bu filmden nefret ettiÄimi söylemiÅ miydim? ediyorum gerçekten.
February 12, 2012
Barely watchable, the only thing that kept me going is to see how much trouble this little white rat was going to cause.
September 12, 2010
F. Ozon's wacky comedy, is pretty dark but always amusing and a film that keeps the viewer intrigued on how the story actually pans out. A relatively normal family goes completely berserk after the father brings home a white, pet rat. The rest is pretty bizarre but watch it as an antidote to all those trashy, romantic comedies, that contain just an ounce of 'Sitcom's' imagination and originality.
½ August 23, 2010
It's an odd but watchable film. And one that is hard to track down.
A study of the decent into deviancy and the uncovering of peoples true personalities brought about by the introduction of a laboratory mouse in to a family home. Oh the symbolism.

It's difficult to know what else to say about it, I think it's one of those films you just have to watch and you might or might not love it. It is interesting and quite compelling, as you get curious as to what step the family will take towards those birtday gunshots.

A nicely mannered, well paced film with solid performances and an interesting plot.
It's got a thumbs up from me but show it to the next guy and they might hate it.
½ August 7, 2010
Provocadora en vano.
July 21, 2010
euh, alors, comment dire... j'ai un peu rien compris à ce film... Bon il y a des thématiques qui ressortent, l'être, le paraître, l'oedipe, toussa toussa, mais c'est tellement aléatoire, absurde et somme toute choquant de façon assez injustifiée (selon moi) que... ouais, ce film est un OCNI (objet cinématographique non identifié). Bon, je mets quand même 2/5, parce que je ne me suis pas ennuyé (impossible tellement on reste scotché devant cette spirale de l'improbable et du parfois mauvais goût), quelques petits rires, beaucoup d'étonnement... je n'aurais pas quitté la salle comme j'ai failli pour Shutter island, par exemple. Mais je ne peux pas mettre plus.
April 20, 2010
i gotta funny feeling about this
January 5, 2010
couldn't sleep after watching it. it's mor like a horror movie to me than an art film *sigh*
DragonEyeMorrison
December 13, 2009
Watch Visitor Q instead.
December 10, 2009
Surprenant, amoral, extra, dérangeant, théâtral, à la limite de l'absurde, et malgré tout VRAIMENT drôle. J'aime !
December 6, 2009
The first movie of Ozon made me understand that he is a great fan of Pasolini.. the viewer watches a bizarre game of family members whose suppressed sexual desires are totally revealed after having an unusual pet.. and having a fantastic ending.. the movie looks like a bad copy of Pasolini movie
December 3, 2009
Too Bizarre, even for me
November 28, 2009
Made me laugh a few times
½ August 26, 2009
Totally messed up, but in a good way.
arashxak