Six Pack Reviews

September 14, 2009
Actually not bad. The best racecar movie I've seen thus far.
June 24, 2007
Kenny Rogers plays Brewster Baker, a Race Car Driver who takes in Six foul-mouthed kids who steal his engine. He teaches them a few lessons, and they help him win the Nascar circuit. Erin Gray appears as Brewster's girlfriend. This is not really a family movie. It's a country-style comedy similar to a Dukes of Hazzard episode. I watch it for Kenny Rogers.
March 1, 2007
The movie my parents made me see instead of what I wanted to see, Blade Runner. We were in the states to, so I could have seen a rated R movie with a guardian. It turns out this movie had a lot more profanity, which as a kid I loved, and I remember enjoying it a fair bit despite my disappointment. And it has the classic Kenny song, "Love Will Turn You Around" so that makes it pretty awesome too.
½ April 6, 2010
Before being maimed by countless plastic surgeries, before the fried chicken and the realization that his music was country music's version of John Tesh, Kenny Rogers made this silly, feel-good family flick. To me it felt like Grizzly Adams trying to find reverse in a stock car: pointless and just out of place.
½ March 26, 2009
enjoyable film liked Kenny Rogers in The Gambler so when he starred in this I gave it a try good cast and story
March 23, 2008
It's a Kenny Rogers movie about stock car racing and orphaned children who happen to know a lot about fixing up cars. I think that's going to determine who's going to watch it or not in the first place. And it's about what you'd expect. Like George Strait in "Pure Country", Kenny Rogers isn't gifted as an actor, but he's likeable, and that's probably enough to carry the movie. There are no big surprises here. Actually, there aren't any surprises here. Again, it's a Kenny Rogers about stock car racing and orphans who happen to know a lot about fixing cars. I think you can figure out what happens. But for nostalgia's sake, I mean you get to see a young Kenny Rogers, a young Erin Gray, a young Anthony Michael Hall, a young Diane Lane, and none of them embarrass themselves in a movie that could be pretty embarrassing. It's actually a pretty sweet-natured, fairly bland comedy. You could do a lot worse. My only real complaint is that Kenny Rogers doesn't sing in the movie. He sings the theme song, but I mean c'mon, with a storyline this contrived, why not add that extra detail that Brewster Baker also happens to be a talented singer who breaks out into song at one of the honky-tonks he visits? Give the kids what they want, dammit!
½ June 30, 2007
Good movie to watch when you just want to be entertained without having to invest a lot of mental energy
April 28, 2007
A great movie starring Country singer Kenny Rogers as Brewster Baker who is a race car driver meets 6 orphans who are great mechanics. Over time, they develope a friendship and have to deal with a crooked sheriff. Another underrated film from the 1980s.
February 16, 2014
I was a big fan of this movie when I was a kid, so I was keen to see it again to compare my memories to reality. I was pleasantly surprised to find it isn't the worst movie I've ever seen. Kenny Rogers gives his best performance (which still isn't saying much), but Diane Lane really shines as the oldest of the orphan children. You can see shades of what was coming later in her career. Anthony Michael Hall isn't bad either. The story isn't amazing, but it's a NASCAR movie, so you shouldn't be expecting anything amazing. There has been a lot said over the years about the sexualization of children in this movie, pertaining to Diane Lane's teen in trouble performance. It ain't as bad as people make it out to be. I'd let my kids watch this movie. I think people would like this movie more if they just stopped trying to compare it to classic films like Casablanca and started comparing it to family movies like any of the crap Adam Sandler made after Billy Madison.
September 20, 2013
bad news bears of stock car racing!! just doesn't work at all!! 1/4!! highly forgettable!!
July 14, 2011
Quite possibly the greatest sound track of it time.
December 20, 2008
This is a great story. Kenny Rogers pulls this off, though it is obvious that he is not a professional actor. The child actors, especially Hall and Lane, are great.
October 8, 2008
This is just a good movie.
September 7, 2008
I f you love Kenny Rogers, foul-mouthed 12 year olds, Anthony Michael Hall, an underage Diane Lane looking a little too good, and hi-larious hi-jinx, then Six-Pack is a great way to spend a couple of hours drinking beer.
June 5, 2006
I had a huge movie marathon over the weekend! Check it out!

[b]Six Pack[/b]. Yep, Kenny Rogers and a bunch of kids. I love it, what can I do? Nice racing footage and Kenny as a race driver is pretty easy to swallow. Plus, I dig that song: "Love will turn you around". :)

The 1st [b]Sleepaway Camp[/b] sequel misses the mark. It just isn't as much fun. At first I enjoyed laughing at it and thought that would continue but it didn't. I have lower expectations for the 2nd sequel now, so that's a good thing. I think a 2nd viewing of this in the future might be easier to take. It just doesn't have much energy and lacks the "what will they do next?" feel of the original.

[b]Heaven Help Us[/b]. Cost nearly the same as a rental. Plus it's in widescreen and looks pretty good. I'm happy and continue to love this movie about Chatholic school boys!

The pilot movie for the TV series [b]Kung Fu[/b] pretty much previews the quality this series will enjoy throughout it's run. It's going to fun to rediscover this series. I'm very pleased so far!

Parody doesn't get any better than [b]Kentucky Fried Movie.[/b] Several bits are fall in the floor funny! Breasts pressed up against a foggy shower window have never been done better than right here!! :D