Luk jong si (Six Strong Guys) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Luk jong si (Six Strong Guys) Reviews

½ April 24, 2011
The punchlines are actually quite '80s & '90s but it works, & turns out to be fairly good in the whole.
August 24, 2009
In spite of the fact that Ekin Cheng is not a funny guy, funny stuff actually do happen in Barbara Wong's Luk jong si. There's evidently some chemistry between this overcrowded cast after all. The betrayal of the male theme Barbara Wong tries to push is of course a load of crap and not really worthy the attention, but she really shows the mark of a true director with control over her craft when the narrative unexpectedly takes a more dramatic turn towards the end. That, plus Candy Lo is cute.
August 11, 2009
Why can't I rate this higher than 5 Stars?!?!?!
It had everything! Six Strong Men...
February 1, 2009
this movie was hilarious. I loved it, and I should have known it would have been brilliant; there are a lot of big names in this film. ^_^
June 25, 2008
I have to admit, what drew me to this movie was the weird and misleading cover. Just so you know, the movie has absolutely nothing to do with war. Still, I enjoyed this movie and can't wait to see it again. The opening scene itself is quite hilarious (I won't spoil it for you here) and is one of the best parts of the whole movie. Six Strong Guys blends really goofy comedy with a bit of serious drama in a strange and interesting way, and that's what I enjoyed most about it.
½ June 9, 2008
It seemed a little long. I enjoyed how different it was. The cast play off each other very well. As it gets closer to the end it gets a little corny because it tries to deliver its positive message.
½ May 7, 2008
The first time we saw this through, my group of friends decided to go with no subtitles and enjoy the film, MST3k-style. While fun, the actual movie is quite hilarious. Add to that a solid message, and it's actually a very enjoyable film.
March 25, 2008
quite a funny movie anyway...
½ February 23, 2008
The "protagonists" all end up being proven to be antagonists and deserving of what their lives have become. But slowly they start to see the errors in their ways and strive for redemption.
February 15, 2008
Loved it! A group of friends fail at their suicide attempt and are forced to work out their problems that caused them to want to kill themselves. The problems are all different: marriage problems, dead-end relationships, stress at work, sexual problems, and even a video game obsession. A comedy/drama that delivered in both areas.
½ December 26, 2007
ooo! I love this movie! It's so funny and touching. There are a few plot problems.. things that seemed a little dumb, but mostly it's sweet and hilarious! I especially loved the playboy gaining a random white child from an ex-lover! XD hahaha So cute! And Ekin Cheng's relationship with his boss. All the characters are great and so is the acting! Go see it!
December 6, 2007
Hilarious- most of this movie is fantastic, but the gaming addict didn't work out his problem at all. Plus, the ending sucked, starting from when the married guy started crying.
October 14, 2007
This was a great and funny movie........and it is touching with a great storyline and great acting by all six of them
September 23, 2007
It's a male bonding midlife crisis comedy drama! After a failed suicide attempt the "six strong guys" go back to their normal lives and try to work out the problems that caused them to consider suicide. After a very weird ending sequence, most things seem to work out for the group and they all live happily ever after.
½ September 17, 2007
Actually the topic of the story is good.
September 10, 2007
NO TAI SENG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ September 6, 2007
A good description of the man in Hong Kong.
Good movie !
May 19, 2005
$10 tix to a movie
$1 bottle drink
$1 hot dog
3 hours wait
Star Wars (Priceless)

;) Now I just gotta watch Episode II to refresh my memory. I like how this movie is much darker, but some corny dialogue tho. Yoda ROCKS!