Six: The Mark Unleashed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Six: The Mark Unleashed Reviews

September 29, 2012
A big, BIG question came to mind when the closing credits began rolling across the screen: "If I were arrested for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict me?"
July 12, 2012
It isn't the typical Christian Apocolypse movie. The fact they insinuate beheadings makes it a much gritter film. The look of one of the villians is cleache, but he is just too creapy to ignore. The film is defininatelly evangical, but very entertaining.
March 23, 2012
Christian apocalyptic dystopia. It is what you expect.
September 29, 2011
This is actually surprisingly good, with some decent acting from Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Stephen Baldwin, and a pretty cool message. Could it go down this way, sure, maybe, maybe not, its pretty unlikely, but it does raise some good questions, and that at least makes it worth seeing it.
½ June 5, 2010
Very strange movie based loosely on biblecal beliefs, do not attempt watching unless you are passionate about christianity. Good cast but not well written or directed.
½ April 7, 2010
I'm not sure what I dislike more science fiction films that rip off from other films or films that try to preach christian values in the form of science fiction. Unfortunately this film falls into both categories.
½ February 24, 2010
I knew nothing about this film when I picked it up other than Jeffrey Dean Morgan was in it. Based on the back summary, I though it would be more of an action film but instead it's a preachy Christian right movie with cheesy dialogue, horrible acting, and a very slow moving plot. It uses a lot quotes from the Bible and other religious texts to move half of the film's conversations and it just isn't a movie for someone who is not a zealous Christian religious fanatic.
½ July 28, 2009
This is great movie to watch! very intense, cannot move from your sit.
March 31, 2009
it great christian movie
March 31, 2009
it a great christian movie
½ March 1, 2009
Words fail when trying to describe how god awful (pun intended) this film is.
Set with clumsy metaphors galore in the end times styled near future, the people of earth (mostly bad american actors) come under the heel of a sinister company/corporation who insert "6" shaped chips into people in order to do something (it's not entirely clear what). Being christian (other religions aren't mentioned) and rejecting the chip gets you guillotined for some reason also.
What ensues is an overly moralistic badly made propaganda film featuring stilted arguments between skeptical characters and nice righteous ones whereby illogical arguments are used last to give the appearance of them being clever, deep and meaningful answers. This cheap trick of last argument is always right and wins, taken out of the Ally Macbeal script generator, is the tip of the shit icerberg though, trust me.
All major characters are chased by the corporation (which seems to employ the same 4 creepy looking people) at some point, and remember; if a woman is wearing tight trousers you should definitley NOT trust her. Post Garden of Eden misogyny aside, the film's production values are also utter toss. It's like watching an episode of Xena Warrior Princess without the witty and subtle dialogue. Indeed, after watching "6: the Mark Unleashed" a sapphic subtext ridden conversation between Xena and Gabrielle begins to seem like Shakespeare's finest verse.
The major characters are eventually hunted down amidst a plot that has more holes in it than a machine gunned sheep and essentially face a choice between submitting or converting to Christianity and dying. The two surviving sceptics make opposite choices, one choosing the chip and the other the guillotine. The newly converted character is last seen grinning like an idiot and proclaiming the glory of god before the executioner and the script writer does us a favour and chops his fat head off (which, like the torture they're too cheap or squeamish or both to show). The other is seen delivering an aftermath soliloquay which concludes dramatically that he made the wrong choice before the inevitable sanctimonious ending with a quote from Jesus bringing this shitfest to an end.
A film then that is so apocalyptically bad it makes an episode of "Shameless" seem good and Episode II of Star Wars seem well acted, and whilst this film attempts to make the case for god it makes one merely utter the word alot and convinces one that there cannot be a god. He wouldn't allow this crap to go on.
March 1, 2009
This movie was missing money ... but the message was EXCELLENT!! Really keeps you thinking about what you believe. I was very impressed and think everyone should see this... christians and non-christians.
January 22, 2009
I love this movie!! It's so good. David White is excellent like always, and I loved Stephen Baldwin's character.
November 7, 2008
Such a wonderful movie with such a beautiful Christian message!
November 4, 2008
I really like Stephen Baldwin and David AR White, so this one was a real bonus for me.
August 17, 2008
I started watching this movie because it has Stephen Baldwin in it and he is such an awful actor that he's usually good for a laugh. But I continued watching this movie because it was surprisingly okay. I think they handled the dialogue about salvation pretty well. It didn't come across too cheesy as it does in a lot of "christian" movies. And they did not gloss over the sin that the characters were living in before they got saved, which is refreshing. You can't show the need for salvation if you're afraid to talk about sin.
½ April 24, 2008
Wow, this was awful.
April 18, 2008
Had expected so much more from Jeffrey Dean Morgan - he is normally a very talented actor.
March 11, 2008
this is one of the few good christian movies out there

im not dissin christian movies, but this is one of the only ones tht have actually opened my eyes to the horror of what is around us

im glad that this movie was made
March 6, 2008
not the greatest movie ever made but read between the lines people.
this is already happening.
in a world gone mad be kind to each other, have faith and trust.
everyone should see this movie.