The Sixth Sense - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Sixth Sense Reviews

Page 2 of 2047
June 21, 2017
The Sixth Sense has a very thrilling storyline with a lot of mystery and suspense. The characters are brilliantly connected with each other and the performances of Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osment are simply perfect. The final plot twist was one of the best endings I've ever seen.
½ June 19, 2017
Awesome movie. Great debut for Shyamalan
June 19, 2017
Great thriller flick. The ending twist is awesome and makes sense when you view it again. Great film!
½ June 16, 2017
(To start my lead up to the release of "Split", im watching all of Shyamalan's films.) This film is really good. It kept me guessing the whole film. The classic Shyamalan twist is really good. The soundtrack is also really great. Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osments' performances are well done. They did so good as a doctor and his patient. The film is suspenseful right to the end. This films premise is interesting, a boy who has a strange talent. The cinematography is awesome. It has some cool camera angles. M Night Shyamalan did a great job directing. Definitely check this film out if you want a chilling thriller with an amazing twist ending.

Rating: 9.6/10
June 14, 2017
The Sixth Sense stars Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osment (younger version).
So Bruce Willis plays a child specialist. Haley Joel Osment plays a boy who other people consider to be a "freak", because he is secretly getting strange visitations from ghosts. Bruce Willis's character must help him to overcome this problem.

The Sixth Sense was a great start for director M. Night Shyamalan. Not only that, but this film is what introduced me to psychological horror. From the very well directed imagery, to the sense of being followed or chased.

The chemistry between the two actors was an enthralling storyline to watch. Their acting was good also.

It is packed with twists and turns that are unexpected, making the movie almost unpredictable. This is what turned it into a thriller. For me, saying that this is 'good' is a bit of an understatement. I absolutely adored it.

Over all, The Sixth Sense was great when I saw it, but it got even better when I thought about it more, which is absolutely brilliant. 5/5 stars
½ June 8, 2017
The sixth sense is a great movie by M. Night Shyamalan. It's not really all that scary but it can get creepy at times. But this movie doesn't really need to be scary, it's different. It has creepiness to it but once you find out what was actually going on, it kinda effects your emotions. One scene in the movie was really scary to me but then once I found out what it was I suddenly wasn't scared anymore. My emotions changed. I'm pretty sure everyone knows the plot twist in the movie and I even knew it before I watched it but I won't spoil it for anyone who doesn't. If you watch this movie without knowing the plot twist, it will be an even greater movie. I definitely recommend this movie and it's one of the greatest movies I've ever seen. A
June 2, 2017
The best film of of M Night's career by far.
May 21, 2017
The very best of M. Night Shyamalan holds a great ending that makes you question the entire film.
April 24, 2017
True, this first blockbuster from writer/director M. Night Shyamalan's may be the downbeat responsible for the deluge of twist endings that eventually consumed his - now infamous - filmography. However, what "The Sixth Sense" also does outside of its game-changing final reveal is simply tell a compelling story. In fact, the plot threads and characters in play are so frightfully addicting to watch that I knew full well what the twist was going in and I still had an unmitigated blast seeing everyone get to that final, cathartic revelation. This is a rich, jet black study of death and the macabre, the dangers of psychological trauma and isolation, the raw power behind human regret and reconciliation, and how all the aforementioned thematic devices can influence one another in life. It really is a carefully-constructed, laser-focused achievement in cinematic storytelling, with a stunning collection of lead performances (especially from that of young Haley Joel Osment) and, yes, a wallop of an ending. Make no mistake though, this didn't make over a half of a billion dollars because of its final two minutes. Indeed, with "The Sixth Sense," it's all about the journey. For me, the destination, seems like a footnote in comparison to all the beauty at hand throughout this one.
April 3, 2017
Refreshing to see a 2-HR movie for a change without 30 minutes of filler. Haley Joel Osmet was very good. Twist at end surprised me, which earns it points. See too many movies to be surprised very often. This was good, but not Best Picture fodder. It was not better than The Talented Mr. Riley. Guess it was the box office talking. Also not better than Hurricane.
March 28, 2017
The Sixth Sense, is another great M. Nigh Shayamalans film, that will leave you loving this Psychological-Thriller!
March 27, 2017
Thoughtful and effective.
March 20, 2017
Great movie, but for as short as the movie is, they took way too long to get to the point.
½ March 18, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.5

Creativa y original, una narrativa impecable y una magistral visión de M. Night Sayamalan, quien demuestra su gran talento para con el cine desde sus inicios; un final que muchos encontrarán sorprendente, pero que yo, sin ser petulante, lo deduje desde la mitad de la película.
March 10, 2017
The Sixth Sense is a masterpiece. Bruce Willis gives one of his best career performances and Haley Joel Osment is superb as Cole. Toni Collette is so believable as a single mum who doesn't know what's wrong with her son too. Watching the relationship between Cole and Malcolm develop is interesting and the mystery itself is intriguing. Them M. Night Shyamalan throws (in my opinion) the biggest plot twist of all time at you and literally blows your mind.
½ February 28, 2017
one of the best plot twists in history of cinema
February 23, 2017
One of the greatest thrillers of the century is not only about the twist. Shyamalan's post-spilbergian style is full of emotion, mystique and a sense of wonder that's normally absent in these type of movies. Truly clever writing in addition to magnificent performances by both Willis and young Osment, Shyamalan signiture beutiful cinematography and fantastic score by James Newton Howard makes this film a worth all the praise.
February 22, 2017
Finally watched the whole thing today (I was too scared back when it came out). It is a very good film and while a lot depends on the ending and setting it up, there is more to the film than just twists. Great acting all around, and it is crazy to think that this is the high point in the career of everyone involved in this film.
February 21, 2017
M. Night Shayamalan's best work!
½ February 7, 2017
Dr. Malcolm Crowe (Willis), a child psychologist, is shot by a former patient, Vincent Grey, for not helping him as a child. The following year, Dr. Crowe begins working with another patient, 9-year-old Cole Sear (Osment), whose case is similar to Vincent's.
Page 2 of 2047