The Sixth Sense - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Sixth Sense Reviews

Page 3 of 2045
August 4, 2016
One of the godfathers in surprise revealing at the end. Sixth Sense tells a story of redemption and search for peace. Great acting combined with wonderful directing.
August 4, 2016
In my opinion The Sixth Sense is M Night Shyamalan's best film. The Sixth Sense is a fantastic horror film with an amazing cast and great acting. I love the role of Bruce Willis in this film and I like Haley Joel Osment and also Toni Colette in this film, they all play their roles very well in this film. M Night Shayamalan may not be a good director anymore but I will always love how he did The Sixth Sense and he definitely directed it very well. I definitely think this film deserves another rare 5 star rating from me as it is a great film and also very smart with a great plot. The thing that I really like about The Sixth Sense is it doesn't fail to impress and if you have a good taste in a horror film you will love The Sixth Sense. The Sixth Sense also has a very surprise ending which I don't think anybody expected. I love The Sixth Sense and I wish M Night Shayamalan could have directed more great films like this. He does have other okay films but nothing like this. But this film is amazing and definitely a must see
August 2, 2016
You can't say you've experienced a twist in film until you've watched the Sixth Sense. With surprisingly terrific acting from the enitre cast - and a plot which never seemed to tire - this will keep you perched on the edge of your seat right until the end credits start rolling. Truly a marvellous piece of filmography that anybody can enjoy.
Verdict: A+
½ July 31, 2016
One of the best psychological/paranormal thrillers i've seen. Amazing story, brilliantly shot and Willis & Osment are excellent in the lead rolls. Look out for the O.C's Mischa Barton as the ghost who throws up in the tent.
½ July 30, 2016
Not only is this film suspenseful and has use at the edge of your seat but has incredible story engaging characters that keep you invested throughout. I wish this film would get more recognition. It certainly is a underrated masterpiece.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Slow burning but freaky in places and one of the best twists ever in film, Willis and the rest of the cast were great but too slow to re watch.
July 25, 2016
hollywood trickery at its finest some good scares a twist your not gonna see coming and a well made tale about a torture young boy
July 22, 2016
****
M. Night Shyamalan's first big movie is a blast, with genuinely scary scenes, and a great performance by both Bruce Willis, and the young Haley Joel Osment.
½ July 17, 2016
Not really scary, but very well done.
July 15, 2016
A must see it intelligent smart suspense thriller! I love The Sixth Sense!
½ July 14, 2016
Both Haley Joel Osment and Bruce Willis gave incredible performances in this suspenseful, thought-provoking, smart thriller.
July 4, 2016
This is one of the movies that I truly consider a masterpiece. It was the first Hollywood movie for M. Night Shyamalan and this was something he made back when he had very good and interesting ideas. It has a very interesting story that is just executed so well with Shyamalan incredibly direction and the incredibly acting from his actors. Bruce Willis is giving the best performance of his entire career and it feels incredibly natural that he is a very serious person, but still knows how to come up with some jokes. Haley Joel Osment, however, is the true star of this movie. He is phenomenal and he delivers a truly award-worthy performance that people can enjoy from now to the end of the world. I loved this movie and I can't really find anything wrong with it.
June 29, 2016
suspenseful, creepy and original for its time
June 25, 2016
Seriously Shyamalan? You have the ability to make a good horror movie but not the ability to adapt a wonderful animated series, which shouldn't have been attempted. This film is good in my opinion. It's well written, smart, and chilling. There's creepy atmosphere and a couple of jump scares. I won't say that the film is actually scary though. It's more creepy than it is scary. The dialogue is engaging, the relationship between Cole and Malcolm is great, as well as the relationship between Cole and his mother. As for the twist ending, it can be predictable depending on the person and I knew the twist before watching the film because I skimmed the plot, but it is a smart twist. The acting is wonderful. Haley Joel Osment gave a spectacular performance, as well as Bruce Willis. You couldn't find talent like this for The Last Airbender? I understand that not every director can have hit after hit, but you haven't made a lot of good films in your career. Until I see Unbreakable, this your only magnum opus. The Sixth Sense is a definite must see.
½ June 19, 2016
Well-written, well-acted and well-directed.
½ June 9, 2016
Re-watched it and it is still brilliant, creepy, and it has a good cast with strong performances.
June 1, 2016
When M Night Shyamalan was in his prime he made fantastic movies like Unbreakable and Signs but none compare to his best The Sixth Sense. Absolutely amazing how good this movie is. Fantastic and well written story followed by one of the best child actor performances by Haley Joel Osment as well as a great performance from Bruce Willis as well as amazing suspense make this movie a must see for anyone who is a fan of good movies. 5/5
June 1, 2016
An excellent companion movie for a double feature night: The Others. Watch it first. You're welcome!
½ May 30, 2016
While the movie itself isn't that great, the ending makes the movie a must watch.
May 21, 2016
If I was able to forget the plot of a movie it would be this one and star wars. I had this movie been spoilt because of the internet and when I finally got to see it, I loved it but unsatisfied. Since the very start of the movie I already knew about the plot twist. By the end I was happy that I finally got to watch this movie but at the same time I felt empty and jealous. I was jealous that everyone else were able to feel the shock of the plot twist. M Night Shayamalan uses a vast variety of creative movie techniques to give the audience the chill of horror. Bruce Willis's performance was good but the highlight of the movie has always been Haley Joel Osment. One factor that I wasn't amused was that the director decided to explain everything to the audience rather than leaving clues behind for the audience to think about it. I loved this movie but but this mediocre score stay this way because of everyone who decided to spoil this movie to me.
Page 3 of 2045