The Sixth Sense - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Sixth Sense Reviews

Page 3 of 2044
December 18, 2015
I hope this film wont scare you,I wasn't... but Shyamalan shows his talent in the genre, its climax is really shocking, it shocked me in a similar way when i saw Armageddon. Bruce Willis and the rest of the cast gives strong performances.
½ December 14, 2015
One of Bruce Willis' best, it was the first movie where i finally gathered that it's not just that people pay to see a movie that makes a film hot, but rather how many times they go back ... to see that shit again, that's what makes a blockbuster. This is one hoot, yah sure, you betcha, worthy of repeat viewings ... M.Night Shyamalan hasn't beat this one yet. Willis and Osment create a intricate and layered chemistry that comforts in the face of horror. And Toni Collette's Mom is an exquisite creation indeed. This is why we go to the movies.
December 13, 2015
A tender and complex movie that has a fascinating premise, The Sixth Sense is scary, but it has very warm, compassionate moments and an incredible twist at the end. Bruce Willis and the boy have great chemistry and provide a strong foundation for the film.
½ December 5, 2015
"The Sixth Sense" is famous for one thing; the major plot twist! It is perhaps the most famous plot twist of all time. And rightfully so! The big twist is set up so cleverly. The clues are there the whole time, but it's not until repeat viewings that you see it. This is accomplished by cleverly misleading the audience through careful editing.

But there is much more to "The Sixth Sense" than the big twist. It features excellent performances by Bruce Willis, Toni Collette, and especially young Haley Joel Osment. I've never seen a child actor give such a marvelous performance. These performances lend themselves well to the superb character development. "The Sixth Sense" is also one of the most creative paranormal films of all time, while also feeling in many ways like a homage to "The Shining".

"The Sixth Sense" is a beautiful, moving film, which is not something you get from your average ghost story. I have zero complaints about this film. It is truly outstanding!
½ November 28, 2015
I love this movie. It is so entertaining and so fun to dig up the hidden treasures throughout the movie.
November 28, 2015
Very well made, Shayamalan utilises cinematography, music and the stars to keep you intrigued, and occasionally make you scared...
November 22, 2015
Spooky. Frightening. Must-see supernatural horror film.
½ November 21, 2015
Good horror, great acting, shocking ending!
½ November 21, 2015
This movie is a bit long and takes off slowly, but the storyline gets interesting and the acting is excellent. It has a terrific twist ending (M. Night Shyamalan's signature move, indeed) that sorts out the minor, subtle inconsistencies.
½ November 12, 2015
Creepy, chilling, and possesing a haunting atmosphere, M. Night Shyamalan's The Sixth Sense is an extremely effective and suspenseful psychological thriller that's drenched in tension and delivers on the scares as well as the smarts, then the rug is pulled out from under the audience with its famous mind boggling supernatural twist.
November 10, 2015
Great movie with a twist at every turn and heartwarming to the end
November 7, 2015
Psychological horror flicks comes with exiting, thrilling plots with unexpected twists and surprises, the best part of these genre is that it never make its viewers to get diverted from the screen until credits flows on at last, the movie that seems to be running very normally with a linear presentation where viewers move with the plot being clueless about what happens next and all of a sudden the entire plot and shades turn off and gives you the surprising twist, leaving you astonished.

1999 Thriller ''The Sixth Sense'' is one such brilliant work on supernatural theme with wonderful twist is a worth watch for all those thriller and horror movie lovers, M Night Shyamalan showcased his ingenious film making talent with beautiful script that moves on in very simple and silent flow and he sets the mark of his unique movie presentation, Haley Joel Osment has done a tremendous job playing Cole a boy who is able to look at the dead people and believes that they want to accomplish their unfinished task through him, his naturalistic and full fledged performance depicts his acting brilliance, Bruce Wills well known for his action shades in most of the movies is also well presented himself as sympathetic psychologist and loving husband, this image makeover helped Wills to show his hidden acting potentiality.

''The Sixth Sense'' is one best script ever written and proves to be the standard Supernatural thrillers of all time.
November 5, 2015
I honestly still think that this is one of the greatest movies of all times. There is a minor mistake but I won't tell in order not to spoil it. However brilliant acting, great movie. Such a classic.
October 31, 2015
I loved the twist. Didn't see that one coming.
October 28, 2015
M. Night Shymalan has a sloppy film resume. He went a bit overboard after making this thriller masterpiece The Sixth Sense, which he made his directorial name clear after introducing a compelling story with breathtakingly rich scenes, fantastic performances and characters with an overall atmosphere that isn't particularly scary but at least a little chilling. His other films are another story we'll get to later, but The Sixth Sense is one of the most intriguing horror films of all time.
Dr. Malcolm Crowe, an esteemed child psychologist, helps a young boy, Cole Sears, who hauntingly reminds him of a previous patient, Vincent, who grew up to become mental and shoot Malcolm. Malcolm, a year later, helps Cole mainly to comprehend Vincent's similar problem. Cole reveals that he sees chilling images of ghosts and Malcolm must help him confront them and a challenging social and at home life suffering from a complex parental divorce. The Sixth Sense is particularly known for its surprisingly twist ending - for the record, I didn't know about the ending unlike many walking into the movie and I'm glad I didn't.
The Sixth Sense is extraordinary. Willis' character is almost comforting himself to the viewer and Osment portrays his character in such an realistic manner at such a young age. The story is compelling and some scenes were literally breathtaking - for example, the scene where Cole first confronts a ghost adds a sense of genuine curiousity and sympathy for the fear of the character. The story has been done a few times before but adds so many nicely done twists that makes it unique from the other paranormal films before it. Some future films like Paranormal Activity tend to feed off of some elements from The Sixth Sense and fail for the most part. The Sixth Sense is an all around fantastic thriller and is the epitome of a chilling film, not a ridiculously overdone horror. The Sixth Sense is particularly significant in its genre and in pop culture in its entirety - it paved the way for a genre that captured many filmgoers and introduced them to an all new kind of fear. Let's try to forget about the other M. Night movies while we're at it...
October 26, 2015
Despite having probably the most widely known twist since Luke's father, The Sixth Sense is still a pretty thrilling ride, even though you probably knew well in advance which end was coming.
½ October 24, 2015
Not really a horror movie, not scary except maybe one jump scare, but defiantly a psychological thriller. We could not find out the ending no matter how hard we tried, and when it shows what happened it has all the signs. The acting and script are both great, Bruce Willis does a great job in a movie where she's not killing everyone, rare for him, and fit the role pretty well. The kid takes most of the credit for sure, he does a great job for his age, and any age for what he's tasked with. It is thrilling and interesting all the time, isn't super fasted paced but holds your attention, and even though it's not really scary, it's use of music and seeing the characters breath when there's a dead person around gets our excitement up and gets us focused on every little detail waiting for him/her to walk out from around the corner. It's very well done, erie, creepy at times, and very well thought out. The ending is great, how we find out Malcolm has been dead the whole time, which is why Cole can see him, why his wife doesn't talk to him, why he can't open certain doors, how he figured out how to make them all go away. It caught me by surprise, was really well done, and actually the way the ending happened, was quite sad. Very well done, did well in all areas, not scary, thrilling, interesting, gripping
½ October 22, 2015
Tim Murphy ruined the ending for me in 6th grade
October 21, 2015
Great movie with an amazingly surprising ending!!! Must watch!!!
½ October 19, 2015
A well crafted thriller. Not to say it's the best twist movie I've ever seen but it sure as entertaining. One of M Night's best
Page 3 of 2044