The Sixth Sense - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Sixth Sense Reviews

Page 3 of 2045
July 4, 2016
This is one of the movies that I truly consider a masterpiece. It was the first Hollywood movie for M. Night Shyamalan and this was something he made back when he had very good and interesting ideas. It has a very interesting story that is just executed so well with Shyamalan incredibly direction and the incredibly acting from his actors. Bruce Willis is giving the best performance of his entire career and it feels incredibly natural that he is a very serious person, but still knows how to come up with some jokes. Haley Joel Osment, however, is the true star of this movie. He is phenomenal and he delivers a truly award-worthy performance that people can enjoy from now to the end of the world. I loved this movie and I can't really find anything wrong with it.
June 29, 2016
suspenseful, creepy and original for its time
June 25, 2016
Seriously Shyamalan? You have the ability to make a good horror movie but not the ability to adapt a wonderful animated series, which shouldn't have been attempted. This film is good in my opinion. It's well written, smart, and chilling. There's creepy atmosphere and a couple of jump scares. I won't say that the film is actually scary though. It's more creepy than it is scary. The dialogue is engaging, the relationship between Cole and Malcolm is great, as well as the relationship between Cole and his mother. As for the twist ending, it can be predictable depending on the person and I knew the twist before watching the film because I skimmed the plot, but it is a smart twist. The acting is wonderful. Haley Joel Osment gave a spectacular performance, as well as Bruce Willis. You couldn't find talent like this for The Last Airbender? I understand that not every director can have hit after hit, but you haven't made a lot of good films in your career. Until I see Unbreakable, this your only magnum opus. The Sixth Sense is a definite must see.
½ June 19, 2016
Well-written, well-acted and well-directed.
½ June 9, 2016
Re-watched it and it is still brilliant, creepy, and it has a good cast with strong performances.
June 1, 2016
When M Night Shyamalan was in his prime he made fantastic movies like Unbreakable and Signs but none compare to his best The Sixth Sense. Absolutely amazing how good this movie is. Fantastic and well written story followed by one of the best child actor performances by Haley Joel Osment as well as a great performance from Bruce Willis as well as amazing suspense make this movie a must see for anyone who is a fan of good movies. 5/5
June 1, 2016
An excellent companion movie for a double feature night: The Others. Watch it first. You're welcome!
½ May 30, 2016
While the movie itself isn't that great, the ending makes the movie a must watch.
May 21, 2016
If I was able to forget the plot of a movie it would be this one and star wars. I had this movie been spoilt because of the internet and when I finally got to see it, I loved it but unsatisfied. Since the very start of the movie I already knew about the plot twist. By the end I was happy that I finally got to watch this movie but at the same time I felt empty and jealous. I was jealous that everyone else were able to feel the shock of the plot twist. M Night Shayamalan uses a vast variety of creative movie techniques to give the audience the chill of horror. Bruce Willis's performance was good but the highlight of the movie has always been Haley Joel Osment. One factor that I wasn't amused was that the director decided to explain everything to the audience rather than leaving clues behind for the audience to think about it. I loved this movie but but this mediocre score stay this way because of everyone who decided to spoil this movie to me.
May 21, 2016
#thesixthsense a classic. Incredible performance by @HaleyJoelOsment #bestactor , awesome story by @MNightShyamalan #bestscript 8.5/10
May 15, 2016
According to um, the box let's call it, "the #1 thriller of all time!" Do I agree? Well as bold as that statement is, I definitely agree nevertheless.
April 28, 2016
The Sixth Sense is infamous for its groundbreaking twist, but it endures as a Hollywood horror classic because it boasts a whopper of skin-crawling scares, as well as a heartfelt, powerfully moving story to boot -- and features breathtaking performances from Haley Joel Osment and Bruce Willis, allowing viewers to feel their characters' pain deep within.
April 23, 2016
Brilliant story with rich performances from Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osment, The Sixth Sense is defined as one of the biggest movies of 1999. What a Twist!
April 8, 2016
Memorable characters, great acting, and an amazing plot twist (that I unfortunately knew prior to seeing the film) makes M. Night's best movie to date.
½ April 6, 2016
Its a good, scary, and sad movie. You really feel for the poor kid in this movie, and its harder to watch with kids of your own... one of which sort of kind of could look a little like Cole.
April 4, 2016
The Sixth Sense is not exactly a film of horror with too much content, but rather that dedicates itself to deepening the communication links between the two protagonists, while both fear for their lives worse and their loved ones do not understand. You could say that The Sixth Sense is one of the best horror films, with the particularity that its focus is not exactly it, but his strong performances and personal relationships between each character.
March 25, 2016
Didn't see that ending coming.
M. Night you should've stopped after this film.
½ March 22, 2016
Shyamalan's ability to craft a very deliberately paced and very deliberately told story is commendable. It has genuine heart, and genuine scares, and contains strong performances from its entire cast. And, to top it all off, its ending is legendary for a reason.
March 20, 2016
Great film with an iconic twist, and fantastic, emotional performances from Willis And Osment. Definitely M Nights best film.
½ March 3, 2016
i finally gave in and watched this movie (a friend ruined the end for me years ago) even knowing the end, it was a good movie!
Page 3 of 2045