Skeeter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Skeeter Reviews

½ March 15, 2015
Gloriously entertaining paint by numbers b movie nonsense. I loved it.
½ May 3, 2013
This movie really sucks - figuratively and literally.
January 29, 2012
This is a poor man's Mosquito. Being an avid B lover I went into this with huge laugh expectations. There were a few here and there but not enough to make it memorable. If you are looking for a 5 star insect B then go for the 1995 masterpiece Mosquito. That will have you dying of laughter/
½ May 17, 2010
i fell off my couch laughing my guts out; now i appreciate the phrase awfully funny! it was midsummer about 5 years ago, stifling hot when my local tv station ran mansquito and skeeter back-to-back. it proved deet-tri-mental to my health.
½ May 15, 2010
This movie is amusingly bad. First, the movie is more of a bad soap opera with infrequent appearances by mutant mosquitoes than a horror movie. Second, the first hour or so of the movie is spent developing (I use the term loosely) characters that have nothing to do with the story, and establishing vague plot points that are never expanded upon or resolved. Third, the mosquitoes looked so realistic... NOT!!

I can muster two and half stars because 1) some of the dialogue and/or delivery was laugh-inducingly horrible, 2) the scenery was pretty, and 3) their half-assed attempt at showing a mosquito pupa (read: an obviously plastic adult inside a clear sac) highly amused me.

This is a decent movie to sit around with friends and poke fun at (or play drinking games to), but even if you're seeking that type of movie, you could do better.
March 15, 2010
Very good of its type, decent acting, and great effects
February 2, 2009
I always perk up when I see Michael J. Pollard in the credits. I don't know why. I suppose his career is like the Little Engine that Could. Go get 'em Tiger!
June 8, 2008
very not good, but there were a few nicely composed camera shots.