Skeleton Crew - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Skeleton Crew Reviews

October 4, 2013
The ending could have been way better. Jeremy and I figured out at least 16 twist which would have been improvements.
½ May 8, 2013
... I watched 15 mins of this before stopping and questioning why i bothered trying to watch a movie i knew i wasn't going to enjoy. It feels like a low budget indie horror set in a mental institute. It seems video game inspired, with no good acting, inconsistent editing, bad effects and incoherent lines. The only thing good about this is it was an indie, i think... it had better e or i'll remove that star. Don't bother with this unless u have to (because of a dare or u feel like punishing urself, or if u want to really critically analyze movie making)
April 24, 2013
when movie producer goes insane while making horror movie from watching real even torturing tapes, all the crew becomes his victims.
½ February 1, 2013
I don't know whether it was an illusion or not - but the opening sequence when they were acting 'acting' seemed to manifest far better acting than at any other time in the film. As soon as they were acting 'real', the acting went from bad to worse... in fact some of the most appalling movie acting I've ever seen. Maybe they were 'acting' bad " 'acting' ". The possibilities with a potentially intriguing plot were squandered, trivialised and ultimately lost completely. On the plus side - the creepy hospital setting was amazing and some of the photography was compelling.
½ August 9, 2012
Low budget watchable horror movie. Bit of fun in the script but acting is a bit terrible. But overall it was enjoyable with plenty of gore.
½ August 3, 2012
This movie is laughably horrible. The acting is terrible, and the film tries to take an interesting twist that leads to some of the largest plot holes I've ever seen. The best part is the credit music, as it signals the end of this smut.
December 21, 2011
Basis of the film is pretty interesting. To think that theres possible "Snuff" films out there is pretty horriflying but all and all, this isn't a good horror! The acting is awful and the gore is over the top but with a few graphic scenes, you may be able to watch this to the end!
½ July 28, 2011
This was a pretty good film. I really liked the story to it. But the acting was a little bad, and there were some very unrealstic parts-like when a girl shot a man in the chest and he flew 20 feet in the air straight into a cabinet. But he got back up and shot the girl in the head...who was alive afterwards. There are a lot of things wrong with that scene, but overall it was a pretty good horror flick and I suggest you watching it.
June 5, 2011
Interesting plot but very low quality acting. It at least kept me engaged enough to see the ending, though. gotta give it credit for that.
May 5, 2011
Simply terrible no redeeming parts.The acting could be the worst thing I have ever seen. I wish that I could meet the director to smack him for making such a bad film. This could be the worst film I have ever seen!
April 19, 2011
Didn't like the way it turned out. There were ghosts but they didn't do anything.
½ April 16, 2011
This is one fucked up movie, by far the worst movie I've seen this year.
DrStrangeblog
½ March 21, 2011
Some of the worst acting in recent horror, which is already a bar set so low that only champion limbo dancers can fit underneath. No scares, no brains, no good at all.
½ March 21, 2011
If I could give this movie negative stars I would... I had more fun watching santa claus conquers the martians than this abortion of a film. If you ever wondered what pinocchio would look like acting, wooden and no emotion, than this is the film for you... An hour and a half of my life I'll never get back...
January 24, 2011
worst movie ever. if i could i'd give it negative stars.
½ January 20, 2011
½ January 19, 2011
wat a waste of my time...y do they keep makin these dumb movies???
½ December 31, 2010
Skeleton Crew was "eh." Only thing that I thought was good was the torture scenes. Personally, I got confused towards the end of the movie. Especially when "the skeleton crew" finds the footage in the attic. Who's filming? Who knows, seems as if the film was missing a few details.
December 31, 2010
Can you rate something -5 stars? The movie is pathetic. Nothing is explained, nothing makes sense, and not in a suspenseful I really can't wait to find out whats going on kind of way. Basically a movie crew is filming a movie basically re-enacting snuff films made by a doctor in the 1970's then all of a sudden they are inside of a horror movie themselves instead of just filming one, which isn't explained at all. No saving grace here, not even one decent actor/actress in the whole damn thing. AVOID THIS MOVIE! I'd rather roll around in regurgitated monkey poo then light myself on fire and jump into a swimming pool full of gasoline than watch this movie again.
December 31, 2010