Sketch Artist Reviews

• Aug 04, 2013

Jeff Fahey is a scruffy-looking police sketch artist who sketches an eyewitness account of a suspect that looks eerily lil egis wife, Sean Young. Despite the low-quality stars, this film is actually a fairly effective pot boiler. It helps that it was written by "Battlestar Galactic" writer/producer Michael Angeli and had a decent supporting cast that included Drew Barrymore (still in her transitional "Poison Ivy" / "Amy Fisher Story" phase of her career), Charlotte Lewis, Stacy Haiduk (who I had a crush on from SeaQuest) and character actors Frank McRae and James Tolkan. There's also an excellent moody score by Mark Isham. Nothing brilliant, but kind of entertaining in a tawdry sort of way.

• Aug 04, 2013

this is a great movie

this is a great movie

• Aug 13, 2012

Pretty decent murder mystery that is raised above the TV quality level by a rather great cast. The characters and performances certainly save the plot from stalling as i'm sure it would without them. A far better watch than your average TV mystery and worth a watch.

• Feb 03, 2011

W: 0. Really bad. Thought it might be interesting to see young Drew Barrymore. Not.

• Sep 11, 2010

Don't you hate it when you get kidnapped by aliens from another solar system, and they won't let you go until you tell them all about American fashion of 1992? I'd never really had a concrete answer for them until I watched this movie. Other than in that situation, this film isn't all that valuable.

• Jan 07, 2010

Sketch Artist (1992) Jack Whitfield (Jeff Fahey) is a down on his luck sketch artist for the L.A. police department. He doesn't use the computer or those little transparency flippy things, but draws on paper using colored pencils while he talks with the witnesses. With the reluctant help of a courier, Daisy Drew (Drew Barrymore) who bumps into a woman before discovering a murdered fashion designer, Jack finds that he's drawing a perfect likeness of his Wife, Rayanne (Sean Young). He hides this drawing making a different one that ironically looks just like another suspect. He's further altering other evidence that can point to his Wife, but now he's resolved to try to solve the murder himself, but when Daisy is found murdered, he's finding that he's becoming more of a suspect himself. It was great seeing some actors back when they were very young. One of the detectives, Sturges is played by a very young Mark Boone Jr. as well as Frank McRae who is playing Detective Milon, Jack's only friend on the force. Another detective, Jimmy was played by the asian actor, Ric Young. Finally, Lieutenant Tonelli (James Tolkan) was a little over the top as the chief, barking out orders. This made for cable movie is a dark erotic noir drama. It has a great bluesy sound track, but it's sort of slow-moving and frankly kind of predictable. Not a total waste of your time seeing it on cable, but not really worth renting.

• Jul 03, 2008

Boring thriller with Sean Young. Drew Barrymore has a ten minute cameo and then dies. Boring.

• Jun 09, 2008

Nice movie a bit old though but nice

Nice movie a bit old though but nice

• Apr 04, 2008

Jeff Fahey (Frank Lapidus on LOST) Also starring the lovely and talented Miss DREW BARRYMORE.

• Nov 04, 2007

Not my favortie movie. I thought there should have been more action. I was kind of board. Would not watch again. The only reason I Tevo'ed it was because I have Drew Berrymore in my wish on TeVo. I learned she was only in the movie for a short time.