A Skin Too Few: The Days of Nick Drake - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Skin Too Few: The Days of Nick Drake Reviews

July 30, 2013
Poignant short documentary about musician Nick Drake.
½ November 26, 2011
a great introduction to the man for those who are not already fans. side note: his sister is a treat.
½ December 5, 2009
March 1, 2009
Far from the tired old informative A&E Biography fare, this is a breezy, artful documentary about a musician I have one of the strongest emotional connections to. Like the man's music, the film is dark, bleak, intimate, poetic. It's also very elegant, static cinematography tinted with Drake's compositions. Naturally recommended for any fan, but anyone even remotely interested in one of the most important figures in 20th century music should watch it as well.
February 27, 2009
Drake is one of music's more enigmatic figures. Incredibly talented and deeply troubled, Drake left just three albums before his death at age 26. "A Skin Too Few..." is as much a showcase for Drake's music as it is a documentary of his short life. While most Americans came to know Drake through VW's use of "Pink Moon" in a commercial, his work is finally getting the widespread recognition and status it deserves. "A Skin Too Few..." is an interesting journey for even casual fans.
December 21, 2008
I've been meaning to check out Nick Drakes music, and after watching this short but wonderful documentary about him, I now plan on it.
August 21, 2008
Incredibly insightful for so short a doc with relatively little material to draw upon.
½ August 14, 2008
Beautiful Cinematography, Artful Direction.

Great behind the scenes music production information and interviews.
½ July 28, 2008
Must see Docu if you into Drake,wished it lasted a bit longer though ( the docu and his life)
½ March 27, 2008
Real good, I like documentaries about interesting people, like me for instance, kidding. It was a bit dark, though. Man, I thought I was lonely.
March 25, 2008
For a documentary about someone who made such wonderful music, this is incredibly boring. The segues between topics were nicely done and wonderfully reflected Nick Drake's music but the rambling musings of Drake's pretentious sister really killed it for me. The commentaries made by those who worked with Drake were kind of interesting but overall this documentary kind of ruined the myth of Drake for me.
March 5, 2008
I thought that this was really well made, his life laid out really clearly, split into sections. It felt really personal because of all the interviews with the people closest to him, describing what he was like, and the fact that it showed his house etc. The wide shots of landscapes scattered throughout the movie with Nick's songs over them are also a nice touch. I suppose a big part of how much I like biopics will be how much it manages to teach me about the person and this one scores highly on that as well. I can't really give this a 5 as it is a 'classic' documentary but it's definitely essential for fans and quite interesting for people who want to learn more about Nick Drake.
½ December 26, 2007
Awesome, Drake was a genius, way ahead of his time. Sheds a lot of light on his life and times. Its quite unbelievable how he never found a wide audience during his short life. A great musician who wrote consistently good songs.
October 5, 2007
that movie sucks but the only thing i like
about it is that paul walker comes out
October 3, 2007
Essential for fans, only mildly interesting for all others. You must get the album "Five Leaves Left."
September 24, 2007
i love this docu..his music bla bla
½ September 20, 2007
I like Nick Drake and I liked this documentary.
½ September 19, 2007
A look into the troubled, short life of hugely influencial, but virtually unknown Nick Drake (during his lifetime). This was short, but appropriatly so, and interviews with Drake's sister shed light on his early demise.
½ June 19, 2007
Genious! But it could a couple of hours longer...