Critics Consensus: Skyfall Is Certified Fresh
Plus, Steven Spielberg's Lincoln Is Certified Fresh.
This week at the movies brings only one new wide release: Skyfall, the latest James Bond adventure, starring Daniel Craig and Javier Bardem. What do the critics have to say?
Also opening this week in limited release:
- Steven Spielberg's Lincoln, starring Daniel Day-Lewis in a biopic of the great president during the Civil War years, is Certified Fresh at 93 percent.
- Chasing Ice, a documentary that captures time-lapse footage of rapidly melting polar ice caps, is at 100 percent.
- A Royal Affair, starring Mads Mikkelsen in a period drama about a doctor who seduces the soon-to-be queen of Denmark, is at 87 percent.
- The Comedy, starring Tim and Eric in a drama about a thirtysomething misanthrope who tries to get a rise out of the people he meets, is at 82 percent.
- Starlet, a dramedy about the unlikely friendship between an aspiring actress and a widowed octogenarian, is at 82 percent.
- Citadel, a horror film about an agoraphobic man who battles a band of feral children in an apartment building, is at 54 percent.
- Dangerous Liaisons, starring Zhang Ziyi in an adaptation of Choderlos de Laclos' novel set in 1930s Shanghai, is at 50 percent.
- In Their Skin, starring Selma Blair and James D'Arcy in a thriller about a family whose remote home is threatened by sinister neighbors, is at 50 percent.
- Nature Calls, starring Patton Oswalt and Johnny Knoxville in a comedy about an obsessive scoutmaster who kidnaps his apathetic troop for a camping trip, is at nine percent.